First Grow - Mystery Seeds - CFL Lighting - Soil - Super Stealth

Cloudofwisdom

Intro:

What up 420mag,
Name's Cloud and this is my first grow. Since it has to be a stealth grow due to legality in my state I have a limited grow space. The dimensions of my grow box are 17"width, 22"height, 14"depth...I have 3 strong ladies, One is 17days and the other 2 are 10days old. I've grown before but my earlier try was a failure, gotta say at the time i was a tad bit Ignorant. But yes, i'm using plain tap water to feed them right now, 2-42watt and 1-68watt CFL's producing 9,800Lumens. I'm afraid i used nutrients way too early on them, as a result the other 2 seedlings i had are really growing slow and kinda weak. I'm also using Soil/clay pellet mix I'd say 95/5 its only on the bottom of my pots since they're so small and made of clay and hard to make more exit holes. I'm using MG potting soil til I start to flower then i'm using organic soil. I'm sure I've made some mistakes already so if you have any ideas, I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!! Broke man's setup hahaha I have started to see some yellowing on some of the tips of the larger plants. I must say i took some really bad advise and topped my 2 larger plants. I kinda feel stupid about it and I'm lookin for some advise!

DSC000947.jpg

DSC0009310.jpg

DSC0009211.jpg

DSC000899.jpg

DSC000869.jpg

DSC000858.jpg

DSC0008410.jpg

DSC000838.jpg

DSC0008110.jpg

DSC0008010.jpg

DSC000795.jpg

DSC0010510.jpg

DSC001049.jpg

DSC0010210.jpg

DSC001009.jpg

DSC000968.jpg

:welcome: Looks great! I think topping them was a good idea, it will keep them short. I wouldnt add any more nutes for a bit. Be careful of over watering too, Im still struggling with it myself. If you can, I would remove the dishes on the bottom of the pots so they dont sit in the runoff water.
Good Luck! :peace:

That space is going to be small for 3 plants if you veg them to long. The plants will double in size as a minimum when you flip to 12/12. I would flip them sooner rather than later due to your grow size restriction. Also when you topped them you made it so they will grow a little wider as well so things could get over crowded quickly and cause issues when you try to water in the future. That is just my opinion at the moment. :) In an area this small I would probably go 12/12 from seed.

Really okay that's something to keep in mind. I wasn't so sure about flipping the switch on them yet, I feel like the Stalk is too small to support any type of real growth. Good to know though I never really thought about doing the switch early. I was planning on letting them Veg for a couple more weeks then flip the switch...Around the 21st of Feb then give them 12/12 for 50 days or so.

When should I start giving them Nutrients???? I don't know if you can see from the pics but some of the ladies are Yellowing on the tips.
I'm using "Schults" Plant food Plus Micro nutrients with a concentrate of 10-15-10. Sorry i know its the wrong Food but I'm on a tight budget.

All comments are welcomed Thanks
Cloud

Really okay that's something to keep in mind. I wasn't so sure about flipping the switch on them yet, I feel like the Stalk is too small to support any type of real growth. Good to know though I never really thought about doing the switch early. I was planning on letting them Veg for a couple more weeks then flip the switch...Around the 21st of Feb then give them 12/12 for 50 days or so.

When should I start giving them Nutrients???? I don't know if you can see from the pics but some of the ladies are Yellowing on the tips.
I'm using "Schults" Plant food Plus Micro nutrients with a concentrate of 10-15-10. Sorry i know its the wrong Food but I'm on a tight budget.

All comments are welcomed Thanks
Cloud

I think it is the soil that is a little hot. MG soil has the tendancy to burn the tips a little. I would wait a week or 2 before giving nutes. I would also start at 1/4 strength as those nutes might be a little hot as well on such young plants.

Thanks for all the help T.G. Taking notes and making some changes. I think i'll take your advise and force them to flower sooner than later. I remember your grow I believe where your Girl shot up after your turned the switch. Your first Lady was a beauty sir Major Props. Any suggestions on a Soil to use?? 2 of my seeds were Identified by my Buddy (since he gave them to me) as

OG Kush
DSC0008010.jpg

DSC000838.jpg

I'm hoping but it could be anything. Chicago vendors are a tad bit shady hahaha

Thanks for all the help T.G. Taking notes and making some changes. I think i'll take your advise and force them to flower sooner than later. I remember your grow I believe where your Girl shot up after your turned the switch. Your first Lady was a beauty sir Major Props. Any suggestions on a Soil to use?? 2 of my seeds were Identified by my Buddy (since he gave them to me) as

OG Kush
DSC0008010.jpg

DSC000838.jpg

I'm hoping but it could be anything. Chicago vendors are a tad bit shady hahaha

I recommend Promix BX. It is a great soil. Many here use it as their base soil even for hi brix growing which is advanced well beyond my abilities. I appreciate the kind words about my first girl. She was a 10-15' haze reduced to 5' and impropper light made for a massive stretch. If I remember correctly OG likes to stretch a bit. I myself have yet to grow it. Bassman59 has I beleive, so maybe a PM to him would be wise. I do have some OG Kush beans floating around in my collection and look forward to giving them a try sooner rather than later. :)

What up guys just an update here....
So my buddy told me about naming my plants Female names (kinda like putting out the right Vibes haha)

Introducing

"Hinata"
DSC0012112.jpg

DSC001207.jpg

DSC001159.jpg

"Sakura"
DSC0011412.jpg

DSC0012214.jpg

DSC0012414.jpg

"Ino"
DSC0012512.jpg

DSC0011915.jpg

Grow Room
DSC001188.jpg

Big Naruto fan that's the reason for the names (lame yes but hey they're my ladies)haha

There's still some yellowing on all 3 ladies that's making me worry. I believe its the Soil that's hitting them hard but for the time being I have to leave it like that since i'm on a tight budget. "Hinata and Sakura" are the 2plants that were TOPPED and "Ino" I was thinking about leaving alone, maybe LST or SuperCrop. If anyone has any ideas on what i can do I'd appreciate it.

Thanks to everyone

What up 420mag
Just an update on my grow, fails, and progress. I have gone ahead and moved up my Flowering date 2weeks ahead of schedule, We're are now at 12/12. After reading so many journals and seeing their growth after flipping the switch it was my time too. (Thanks to T.G. for that Info) So far I have not fed my ladies any nutes, all 3 ladies have a little yellowing/ browning on the tips but from what i have read its kinda normal (I'll let you guys help me out on that if possible) I've read a lot of other Journals and most people go thru something similar. Don't know when I should start feeding them again-plus I wanted to you your guys opinion on adding Molasses to my plants. I have mixed some Peat Moss into my soil mix, for better drainage. All ladies have been topped and LST'd to the best of my ability, although I must say they don't look at nice as they looked before i topped them but the growth is nice. I'm having a lot of fun with my first grow. OOooo And I have one more addition to the fam! Her name is Tsunade and its been 3days since she broke thru. She will be starting life straight into 12/12. Thank you Tactical Grow and Small420 for all the Info MAD PROPS, all knowledge has been put to use.

Please leave comments wanna know what you all think so far. Thanks
Here we go some NEW PICS

Hinata day23
DSC0013612.jpg

DSC0014110.jpg

Sakura day20
DSC001448.jpg

DSC0013510.jpg

Ino day17 (only had one pic of her lookin sexy sorry)
DSC0013910.jpg

and here are all 3-ladies with there nasty burn
DSC001548.jpg

DSC0015311.jpg

DSC0015210.jpg

Tsunade day3
DSC001509.jpg

All 4 Plants
DSC0014713.jpg

Hey cloud. They look pretty healthy. I'm a hydro guy, so I would be remiss to offer much advice on the feeding in soil.

Is there any way you can increase your vertical room? That is a pretty tight space. You were wise to take TG's advice and start flowering now. If you get all 3 to make 4 buds each, that space is gonna get real crowded. If the bottom of this is a shelf, is it possible to lower it? If you could gain about 50% more vertical, I think you will be much better off.

You might also be able to increase space by mounting that power strip up higher. I would replace the tin foil with something white. Especially above the CFLS. I think it's good you have them sideways since most of the light radiates from the sides, but you're losing a lot of light going up. Can you rest something rigid and white on them? Maybe a piece of white cardboard or a white painted piece of wood. Basically a reflector for the CFL's. I suppose you could use something shiny as long as it was flat. Obviously don't start a fire, but CFLs are usually cool enough not to burn things.

I think your plants look great, so don't stress about the feeding too much right now. You might benefit from reading the journals of a couple soil growers. There are a lot of different approaches to soil growing, and I don't know much about any of them. :)

He burnt leaves wont recover but he new crowbar looks healthy. Just battle wounds from the early burn nothing to fret over. I could sing the praises of molasses all day but I wont. I use it once a.month in veg and once every 2 weeks in flower personally. I have a link somewhere. Ill be back

LOL...your plants are just getting used to a soil that was a tad "hot", they're fine. I am finishing up a grow exactly like youre doing...no veg time, plants are 16", 2 weeks from harvest. It dosen't matter that they're gonna have to be short, what matters right now is training them to expose the bud sites to the light, and get em as even in height as you can. A person could grow a plant 20 feet tall, but in spaces with little room for supplemental side lighting, only the top is gonna produce well......Good luck.

What up 420mag,
First just wanna thank everyone-mcloadie, wildbill38, Hiker, cannasensei, T.G., small420....
I've have seen most of your grows/post and I must say its an honor to have feedback from all of you.

My plants are doing pretty good. 2day was the first day since day10 that I gave them nutes at 1/4 strength. The temp and humidity have been pretty stable so far 78temp/55%humid. Its been 1 week since I flipped the switch on them and the growth on them is crazy. I still haven't given it molasses but i will soon as well as new homes and soil for all. Also I read the comments and saw some concerns about growing room, so i found something that might just help with the space issue. I'll post some pics of it when its completed in a few weeks.

Enough of my silliness here are some pics....Love all comments so feel free.

Hinata day28
DSC001847.JPG
DSC0018312.JPG
DSC001859.JPG

Sakura day25
DSC0018713.JPG
DSC001868.JPG

Ino day21
DSC0018110.JPG

The Fam
DSC0017910.JPG

Future grow box
DSC0019110.JPG

DSC0019011.JPG

Hey OP420 thanks for the love
I actually placed the rods next to the stalk just as a guide so they would grow straight. They soon after started curling around the rods. They looked nice so I let them be. Think it was a bad idea???? I'm not too proud about my LST'ing haha other members plants look so nice and uniform....can you all tell I'm a novice? Haha but hey willing to learn and better myself.

Hey OP420 thanks for the love
I actually placed the rods next to the stalk just as a guide so they would grow straight. They soon after started curling around the rods. They looked nice so I let them be. Think it was a bad idea???? I'm not too proud about my LST'ing haha other members plants look so nice and uniform....can you all tell I'm a novice? Haha but hey willing to learn and better myself.

One thing I notice is physical injury, I know they can take it, but if they don't have to they will concentrate their energy on growth, rather than repair....I try to be gentle with the girls, and then they are ready when I injure them on purpose...Just a thought.

I knew that wasn't the right thing to do. I didn't know that could cause damage and stun some growth. So far i have been as gentle as possible, but I do have a heavy hand at times so i can see where i may have damaged them. Thanks for the info...I have to say compared to my first try at growing, which turned out to be a long stick with a few leaves to it, This has been a great learning experience and Something I have learned to love a great deal. its awesome seeing the plants as a seedling to where i am now. Couldn't have done any of it without all your guys support.
THANK YOU

Quick question for anyone???!!!
I noticed that "Mr. Cannasensei" said "the new crowbar looks healthy." Anyone know what he meant by Crowbar??? Sorry i'm still at Busta Status.

Quick question for anyone???!!!
I noticed that "Mr. Cannasensei" said "the new crowbar looks healthy." Anyone know what he meant by Crowbar??? Sorry i'm still at Busta Status.

I think that's supposed to be "growth".

I don't think you've damaged your plants. They are pretty tough once their rooted.

Yeah sorry... growth lol. My phone likes to autocorrect the shit out of me.. alit of times it'll put trichs insted of to if I hit the I instead of the o when typing to. Scrog changes to scrotum. Etc.... and I'm usually far too hashed out to notice. So if I ever don't make sense.... lol

Back
Top Bottom