First Grow Pineapple Kush Auto By Big Daddy

I thought it was funny lol.
I thought so too lol.
You need to tell my wife that, she is always making fun of me.
She always tell me stuff like
"Oh BD, you aren't the brightest crayon in the box but it's okay. You are definitely the prettiest crayon in the box" or "honey, I didn't marry you cauz I thought you were smart, I married you cauz you are funny sometimes and pretty to look at"
-__- ughhh lol

Awwww, no, I hope she says that to be funny... :hug:
Everybody can be smart, some just haven't found out where, and everybody certainly has blonde moments.. :)
She thinks she's being funny, but I didn't marry her cauz she was funny.
I married her cauz she was pretty and she is an amazing chef lol.
Jk, we have this back and banters out of love hahahaha.

Thanks guys, that's what I figured and have been doing but I just wanted to ask.
So this morning I decided to water them and guess what? Once I added some veg nute and calmag, PH worked itself out!
They were both hovering right around 6.3 which, I think is just fine.
I was little worried about PPM as they were over 1,100 but then I referenced Shed's chart and since I am in week 9.
I was okay.
However I am slightly worried about the run off.
They are looking crazy, please look at these pictures and tell me what you think

Your runoff is 3000 and 4000??? And it looks like you're feeding at 1500 and 1600. I think we're a little out of wack here. You said you had been feeding around 232 and I was suggesting slowly raising it to around 700 over the next two weeks.

Call me confused. On the plus side, your plants are still alive!
Well I haven't fed at 232 before, I was planning ont it.
I have been feeding them veg nutes the whole time, then last last feeding I mixed 2:1 veg and bloom nutes.
Then last feeding I flushed it with water and molasses.
I was gonna go soft this feeding with just bloom at half strength.
I am sure I have been feeding them highet a bit. I will make a veg nute mix and see how the readings go.
This feeding I did 1:winkyface:1 veg:bloom:calmag ratio.
I am a bit worried about run off though, why is it so high?
Could it be other things than nutes maybe??

Does your soil have nutrients (fertilizer) already in it?
Not like a traditional fertilizer but yes, I believe so.
It's from this local market.
They said they take some plain soil, grow & feed earthworms in it so they could enrich it. Then when they get older and die, they mix the dead worms with soil then sell them is what they said

Well that complicates life a bit. On the plus side, the plants look okay so far! Do you think you can flush the soil back down to a reasonable number like in the 700s? That would basically mean run buckets of un-pH'd tap water through until the runoff numbers come down.

Of course, you could just stop adding nutes and see what the soil can do with whatever they blended in. Even though the plants look good now I've seen grows start to go sideways further in with high runoff numbers.

It's a tough decision to start changing what your doing when the plants look okay, but if you just started hitting them with nutes we may see some damage soon and it might be a good idea to get ahead of it.

Well that complicates life a bit. On the plus side, the plants look okay so far! Do you think you can flush the soil back down to a reasonable number like in the 700s? That would basically mean run buckets of un-pH'd tap water through until the runoff numbers come down.

Of course, you could just stop adding nutes and see what the soil can do with whatever they blended in. Even though the plants look good now I've seen grows start to go sideways further in with high runoff numbers.

It's a tough decision to start changing what your doing when the plants look okay, but if you just started hitting them with nutes we may see some damage soon and it might be a good idea to get ahead of it.
So basically I have 2 options.
Option A. Run water through until PPM is more reasonable.
Option B. Continue without flushing but only feed plain water from now on. So plants can just use up all the nutes in the soil.
Right? I guess things like this is why a lot of ppl nowadays prefer coco over soil huh? I've always believed keep with soil as soil is best.

I'm a soil guy but mine is nute-free so I know exactly what is going in.

I think I would go with option B for now, with a good amount of runoff each time.
That's what I was leaning towards.
I thought running water through that much might water log and stress the roots.
Also what's your opinion on re-using the soil after the grow. Is it bad?

I'd see how you like it the first time through first ;).

I reuse mine after I rinse the nutes out because I'm feeding them from bottles.
Haha yeah I get way ahead of myself sometimes.
I just thought maybe I can flush the hell out of it after the harvest and reuse it for next grow

Hey y'all!
Just keeping you guys updated, I know it's been a few days since my last update but I've been quite busy.
So last update I was a little scared due to high levels of run off water's PPM but it seems like the girls aren't bothered by it.
They are starting to pack on some weight and looking nice.
Which is a huge relief, as I was worried girls were little wimpy and sad looking before.
Pistils are looking nice and they just keep on growing and I am super happy with them.

On a side note, remember the accidental clipping from when I was defoiling?
Well to my surprise (and not surprise since it wasn't a clean diagonal cut), she hasn't growiln any roots but it seems like she is drinking water. The water level in the cup has gone down quite a bit and the pistils are still growing on her. Hmmm maybe I should put a tiny bit of bloom and veg nutes in her water and see what happens?

As always, thanks for your read and let me know what y'all think!

Back
Top Bottom