First Grow Pineapple Kush Auto By Big Daddy

Due to buildup by giving the plant more than it needs at any stage, so yes. Not watering to runoff as well.

6.7 is okay but I wouldn't stray higher than that. You can see soil on the right and hydro (coco included) on the left:

Nutrient_Chart2.gif
Cool cool, I just use my tap water and one of those britta like filter jug then add the water. It comes out usually right around 6.7 so I guess I lucked out.
I always water til water drips out of the bottom tray but not to the point it overflows.
So basically I need to measure the ppm of before watering and the tray at the bottom right?

Here are the pictures of the bud sites as promised, both with and without flash.
They are both for their biggest developments coming along.
Rest are coming along just fine as well.
I noticed some of the leaves with yellowing tips.
So I decided to flush it with plain water mixed with TSP of molasses until it runs off.
I am hoping this is nothing serious!

great journal! I'm right behind you
Awesome! Welcome to the club MK.
Have you started a grow journal yet?

I can't wait to see how much bud you end up harvesting and yes I have started a journal. It's so much fun! The link is in my signature. In fact, I've just started my second grow a little with a 3 week delay on my first one and I'm doing Pineapple Express and Blueberry Kush for my second set, so I'm very interested to see what you pull from yours. It's a learning experience :cheer:

I couldn't be happier for you!!!
Beautiful :cheer::circle-of-love::cheer::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Thank youuu!
Nice pistils!

Whenever you flush a plant it's good to make the last gallon ½ strength nutes because you never want to starve it.
Yeah I heard that too or I also read that you can opt out of the nutes for molasses.
Which is what I think I will do. As soil should still have some residual built up enough for the girls to live on.

Quick update guys, I flushed the girls with plain water with molasses yesterday.
The girls are looking happy with their leaves up. It was looking a wee bit down.
It was from me mixing veg & flower nutes to help the flowering stretch but I forgot to do half and half.
I did full and full ooops.
They are looking happy now tho so all is well!

Just keeping you guys posted on what's going on with the girls!
The pistils are really starting to come along now and the room is smelling just plain amazinggg!
I think they appreciated the flush as they are really starting to kick into flowering.
My TDS meter finally came in yesterday but didn't have time to check it.
So that's on my todo list today.
Quick question, if I flushed it on Tuesday night. Can I still get a semi-accurate reading on the run off left on the tray?
I left it there to see what the readings would be but maybe being couple of days old would make it inaccurate?

Never occurred to me but I think you should start fresh and dump the standing water.

Also, I'd keep lowering the lights until you see changes in the leaves and then back them up a bit. No reasons to waste photons when flower is really when they can use them!
Thank you, I will check those ppm on the next watering.
Also I have the lights hooked up to fixed metal strings.
Any suggestions on how to lower the light?
Currently I have it in like a closet and I've been moving up and down each level of the closet.
I would love it to be more flexible with the heights tho

Raise the pots?

Ideally you would have the light attached to some type of pulley system that allows you to raise and lower it. I have 2 screw eyes in the ceiling that I feed a rope through, attached to the carabiner on either side of the light. Primitive, but it works!
I am gonna swing by the local hardware store later and see what I can manage.
I have few ideas now

Hey all!
Just a quick update, I will have pics up later.
I am super happy with the girls, they are looking happy and pistils are coming along beautifully.
I think they will be ready for watering tomorrow, so I decided to have the water ready and measure the PH and PPM while I have some time on my hands.
I guess the flowering nutes are slightly more acidic as my tap water filtered + flowering nutes are at 5.99 which I think should be fine.
PPM is reading at 232, I will measure the run off tomorrow and let you guys know how it's looking.
It should be fine since last watering was 4 days ago with just water and molasses.
I am sooo happy with them right now :)

Also I was so excited about PH and PPM thing.
I forgot one thing!
My electric bill came in and they weren't as bad as I thought it might be.
Yayyy, go LEDs!
So, since they are flowering quite well and they are autos.
I decided to switch the light schedule to 20-4 from 18-6.
Do you guys think this sudden change in the light schedule so far into growing wil stress the girls out or since it's just 2 hrs and they are autos; they will probably be okay?
Let me know what y'all think!
Thanks a million as always, BD.

I guess the flowering nutes are slightly more acidic as my tap water filtered + flowering nutes are at 5.99 which I think should be fine.
PPM is reading at 232,
5.99 is too low for sure. There are nutrients the plant can't use there:
soil-ph-chart-marijuana.jpg

Add some silica (Pro-tekt or Armor Si) which will raise the pH, or pH Up, to get it to 6.5. And your PPM seem really low to me as well. With pistils coming I would try to ramp that up into the 700 range (nutes alone) over the next two weeks.
Do you guys think this sudden change in the light schedule so far into growing wil stress the girls out or since it's just 2 hrs and they are autos; they will probably be okay?
That should be fine. My autos vary depending on when I remember to get them into the shed under the LEDs at night. Doesn't hurt them at all.

5.99 is too low for sure. There are nutrients the plant can't use there:
soil-ph-chart-marijuana.jpg

Add some silica (Pro-tekt or Armor Si) which will raise the pH, or pH Up, to get it to 6.5. And your PPM seem really low to me as well. With pistils coming I would try to ramp that up into the 700 range (nutes alone) over the next two weeks.

That should be fine. My autos vary depending on when I remember to get them into the shed under the LEDs at night. Doesn't hurt them at all.
Couple of questions.
I am already at 80% strength recommended for tomatoes. So what would be the benefit of ramping up the PPM? Wouldn't it kinda just over nute it?
Also I don't have any PH up, so is baking soda okay?

Without trying to sound condescending, we ain't growing tomatoes!

Take a look at the FoxFarms soil nutrient chart recommended PPM numbers (I'm pretty sure these are 442 range, which means you would multiply by 5/7 to get 500 range that we use):

Their top is 1500 in flower. Now that's a lot higher than most go but it gives you an idea of where I'm headed! 300-700 in veg, 700-1000 in flower, not counting your water...that would be my recommendation. The lower end is where you start and the higher number is where you end up.

Get yourself some silica and add it to every feeding. Your plants will love you for it and it will raise the pH for you.

Without trying to sound condescending, we ain't growing tomatoes!

Take a look at the FoxFarms soil nutrient chart recommended PPM numbers (I'm pretty sure these are 442 range, which means you would multiply by 5/7 to get 500 range that we use):

Their top is 1500 in flower. Now that's a lot higher than most go but it gives you an idea of where I'm headed! 300-700 in veg, 700-1000 in flower, not counting your water...that would be my recommendation. The lower end is where you start and the higher number is where you end up.

Get yourself some silica and add it to every feeding. Your plants will love you for it and it will raise the pH for you.
Haha I know we ain't growing tomatoes, it's just that I have non-canna specific nutes. I remember reading something about when you have non-canna specific nutes, it's safe to go with their recommendation for tomatoes.
So it doesn't matter what it says on the bottle? Just read it with the PPM?
I just don't want to overload it with nutes and kill them ya know?

Also I don't even know if I have access to the things you are saying.
I am in Asia right now, so I will have to translate it into the local language and figure it out.
Which by then, would take too long and won't be of help until next grow.
So what can I do for right now?

Back
Top Bottom