First Grow Pineapple Kush Auto By Big Daddy

I would lower the lights as far down as you can without light burn or stress if they were my autos. The biggest buds will develop with the most light. I don't think raising the light now in an attempt to encourage stretch is the most advantageous strategy for the biggest densest buds.
After some thoughts I was actually thinking about lowering the lights as well.
I raised the lights due to stretch and worried about the white tips, thinking that might have been the light burn.
However I am leaning more towards the nute burn now. So after thinking it's more of a nute burn I was contemplating whether I should lower the lights.
Specially because I was worried about stems being so thin.
Ughhh this nute thing is giving me a headache. I don't have access to canna nutes. So I am making it do with well known local general plant veg & flower nutes (2 diff ones. One for each stage).
However as it's general purpose it just says for tomatoes dillute it this much, for this type of plants dillute it this much and such.
I am following the bottle instructions for herbs and spices, however I am thinking even that might be too strong for the girls now.
Hey but first grow is for figuring all this out right? Haha.
Anybody know anyone who doesn't have access to canna nutes like me and how they are dealing with the issues?
Thanks in advance!

Tomato nutes are being used, as well as
Water from boiled banana peels, used dried coffee grounds and cal mag from eggshells Emmie's DIY CalMagPhos+ From Eggshells
Info like this is precisely what I needed!
I didn't know tomato nutes were good for the girls.
Are they kind of similar structure?
Should I use the strength advised on the bottle for tomatoes then?
Also banana peel???

Ahhh banana is rich in potassium.
I take it for that reason?
Depends on the N P K in your bottle.
I would use less.
And yes, I only made home made stuff and was happy. Banana peel juice :thumb:
So maybe somewhere between tomatoes and herbs?
Also care to help me out with the recipe for the banana peel juice?
Do you use it for veg or flower? All around maybe?

This is from my first post in my journal

Nutrients in general:

thinking of bat guano

N (nitrogen)= Coffee Grounds ( dry and then scatter them lightly)
P (phosphorus)= bone meal
K(potassium)= Banana peel

N : Coffee grounds dried up and mixed in to soil before planting or top dress lightly dug in ( watch the roots)
P: is a bit of a problem still
K: Dry the peels, then grind them into a fertilizer or make spray fertilizer that also uses eggshells for a calcium boost and Epsom salt for magnesium.

4 Banana Peels
1 tablespoon Epsom Salt
3 Egg Shells
Empty Spray Bottle
Water
To create the fertilizer spray, you’ll need banana peels, egg shells, Epsom salt, and water.
Dry the banana peels (see tutorial at the end of this article for how) and egg shells, then once they’re dry, grind them together.
Add the peels and shells to a spray bottle, along with the Epsom salt, and fill the sprayer to the top.
Spray on your plants as needed.
Banana peel is good for many things.. big buds and also
a fly trap made from apple cider vinegar and banana peel..excellent..
and for pest control..aphids HATE banana!!!

-Cal Mag too is made as Emily showed in her thread Emmie's DIY CalMagPhos+ From Eggshells

This is from my first post in my journal

Nutrients in general:

thinking of bat guano

N (nitrogen)= Coffee Grounds ( dry and then scatter them lightly)
P (phosphorus)= bone meal
K(potassium)= Banana peel

N : Coffee grounds dried up and mixed in to soil before planting or top dress lightly dug in ( watch the roots)
P: is a bit of a problem still
K: Dry the peels, then grind them into a fertilizer or make spray fertilizer that also uses eggshells for a calcium boost and Epsom salt for magnesium.

4 Banana Peels
1 tablespoon Epsom Salt
3 Egg Shells
Empty Spray Bottle
Water
To create the fertilizer spray, you’ll need banana peels, egg shells, Epsom salt, and water.
Dry the banana peels (see tutorial at the end of this article for how) and egg shells, then once they’re dry, grind them together.
Add the peels and shells to a spray bottle, along with the Epsom salt, and fill the sprayer to the top.
Spray on your plants as needed.
Banana peel is good for many things.. big buds and also
a fly trap made from apple cider vinegar and banana peel..excellent..
and for pest control..aphids HATE banana!!!

-Cal Mag too is made as Emily showed in her thread Emmie's DIY CalMagPhos+ From Eggshells
You are such a clutch life savior.
I think I will give these a try during next grow.
I am split between GDP & super sweet tooth.
I may go with GDP as I am currently growing something sweet flavoured anyways but who know how I will feel.

Oh and this morning I realized there are 3 inches or so of heigh difference between the pots, not even the girls but the pots.
So when I get home I think I will swap out the water catchers of the two, as the bigger girl is sitting in the higher pot and I want to try to even the canopy as much as I can :)

P.S. sorry for the late replies and updates guy. I am only updating y'all through public wifis as I don't even want a slight chance of these tracing back to my ip address. I know, I am cray cray but better safe than sorry haha

Great info AB! And I've used Emmy's eggshell recipe before for calcium and it works if you have the time.

Anybody know anyone who doesn't have access to canna nutes like me and how they are dealing with the issues?
If I were going to use veggie nutes I would make sure to use a TDS/PPM meter and stick with a basic schedule. Like 400-600 in veg and 700-900 in flower (water not included).

Great info AB! And I've used Emmy's eggshell recipe before for calcium and it works if you have the time.

If I were going to use veggie nutes I would make sure to use a TDS/PPM meter and stick with a basic schedule. Like 400-600 in veg and 700-900 in flower (water not included).
Where can I pick up that meter and what does TDS &PPM stand for?

P.S. I lowered the lights back btw

the total dissolved solids (TDS) of a solution
they are pure numbers with no associated units of measurement. Commonly used are ppm (parts-per-million)
I'm not sure I follow that AB. TDS is EC (electrical conductivity) x 500 based on the ppm of sodium chloride. I haven't seen a hand-held EC meter so TDS is what most people use. There are pens out that that measure using the 442 ratio and they multiply EC x 700, so it's good to know which scale your meter is using.

We can't post direct links to amazon here, but you can do a search of the title using these. This is my TDS meter:
HM Digital TDS-4 Pocket Size TDS Tester Meter with 0-9990 ppm Measurement Range , 1 ppm Resolution, +/- 2% Readout Accuracy

$17 US

the total dissolved solids (TDS) of a solution
they are pure numbers with no associated units of measurement. Commonly used are ppm (parts-per-million)
I'm not sure I follow that AB. TDS is EC (electrical conductivity) x 500 based on the ppm of sodium chloride. I haven't seen a hand-held EC meter so TDS is what most people use. There are pens out that that measure using the 442 ratio and they multiply EC x 700, so it's good to know which scale your meter is using.

We can't post direct links to amazon here, but you can do a search of the title using these. This is my TDS meter:
HM Digital TDS-4 Pocket Size TDS Tester Meter with 0-9990 ppm Measurement Range , 1 ppm Resolution, +/- 2% Readout Accuracy

$17 US
Thank you guys, also I do remember reading about how it is important to check the run off of the water at the bottom of the pot.
To keep the ppm around certain levels and stuff.
However I couldn't figure out why this was important. What is the purpose behind it and is it crucial for the hobbiest who is new to growing?

Oh and btw, the bud sites are coming along amazingly! I will take some time later and update you guys with pics :)

Runoff PPM will tell you whether there is an overage of nutrients (salts - not salt!) in the soil. So if you are putting in nutes at 500 PPM (TDS) and the runoff is 800, you should either flush the soil (if the plant looks stressed) or lower the input on subsequent feedings (with enough runoff) in an attempt to get closer to equilibrium over time.

Runoff PPM will tell you whether there is an overage of nutrients (salts - not salt!) in the soil. So if you are putting in nutes at 500 PPM (TDS) and the runoff is 800, you should either flush the soil (if the plant looks stressed) or lower the input on subsequent feedings (with enough runoff) in an attempt to get closer to equilibrium over time.
So if I am getting this right.
Basically we meaure and care about PPM to avoid soil toxicity with too much nute.
As well as your target PPM isn't a set number like the PH sorta is. It should be as close to the reading of your water (that's mixed with your nutes).

Am I getting this right?

So if I am getting this right.
Basically we meaure and care about PPM to avoid soil toxicity with too much nute.
As well as your target PPM isn't a set number like the PH sorta is. It should be as close to the reading of your water (that's mixed with your nutes).
Am I getting this right?
pH of your final nute solution should be around 6.0 in coco and 6.5 in soil regardless of what your starting water is.

And yes, your target PPM input is not fixed, but is related to the stage of the plant. It starts low and gets higher through flowering. Ideally runoff = input but that doesn't happen often, particularly in soil. Coco is easier because it doesn't retain moisture the way soil does.

pH of your final nute solution should be around 6.0 in coco and 6.5 in soil regardless of what your starting water is.

And yes, your target PPM input is not fixed, but is related to the stage of the plant. It starts low and gets higher through flowering. Ideally runoff = input but that doesn't happen often, particularly in soil. Coco is easier because it doesn't retain moisture the way soil does.
Thank you so much. I just found a TDS pen for $16ish so I will be ordering it soon.
Btw does it get higher through flowering due to over time build up?
Also my natural unaltered PH of water with just nutes were reading like 6.6 to 6.7 so I figured it was good enough to leave it as it is. What do you think?

Shed you and AB has been so much help throughout my first grow. You have no idea how much I appreciate y'all.
I will help the growers down the road once I get few girls under my belt just the same as y'all did for me.

Yeah I'd lower that light.
Sounds delicious!
Thanks Bobby Z!
I will post the pics of bud sites later.
They look like 4~5 more weeks for it to be ready for harvest. I am guessing

Thank you so much. I just found a TDS pen for $16ish so I will be ordering it soon.
Btw does it get higher through flowering due to over time build up?
Also my natural unaltered PH of water with just nutes were reading like 6.6 to 6.7 so I figured it was good enough to leave it as it is. What do you think?
Due to buildup by giving the plant more than it needs at any stage, so yes. Not watering to runoff as well.

6.7 is okay but I wouldn't stray higher than that. You can see soil on the right and hydro (coco included) on the left:

Nutrient_Chart2.gif

Back
Top Bottom