First Hempy, First Grow Tent Grow!

Oh and just an FYI for any new growers getting new tools. My cheap PPM meter from Amazon came pretty damn close to calibrated. It was only 0.2 off when I recalibrated today since I finnally got access to distilled water.

Awesome, sounds good!!

I call that top layer of roots (feeders) cause that's what I was taught (I'm old). I think all the roots act similarly. Same for air, I'm sure all the roots require a happy medium(equally). To much moisture, we get root rot, To much air and the roots prune and branch off to create more mass.

20210224_143924.jpg

She ain't looking like I hurt her feelings at all stripping her roots! Still praying

Forever learning. Definitely new growth but I'll wait till it takes off for a new picture! Decided i want to end this grow so I'm going to treat it like a miniSCROG or even a poor manifold job. As soon as my 8 mains get long enough to space properly I'm flipping. I just transplanted a charlottes web into a 1liter hempy and will pot up as needed to keep as a mother to clone for next hempy attempt. I only have a 60% clone rate at the moment as it's something else I'm perfecting.

Hempy good choice for bonsai mother? I have it in perlite but maybe coco would be a better choice at next pot up

Forever learning. Definitely new growth but I'll wait till it takes off for a new picture! Decided i want to end this grow so I'm going to treat it like a miniSCROG or even a poor manifold job. As soon as my 8 mains get long enough to space properly I'm flipping. I just transplanted a charlottes web into a 1liter hempy and will pot up as needed to keep as a mother to clone for next hempy attempt. I only have a 60% clone rate at the moment as it's something else I'm perfecting.

Hempy good choice for bonsai mother? I have it in perlite but maybe coco would be a better choice at next pot up

if you are just topping and training i'd get rid of the scrog net.
scrog only works when all the plants are on the same page development wise.

hempy is a great choice if you have the room for a bonsai mother. you need to constantly take a few cuttings whether using them or not, and you need to pull them from the pots and trim the roots back every once in a while.

i've cut 2/3's of the hempy root mass off before with a bread knife and had zero issues. that's a bit drastic though, and you have to trim the plant back before you do. you sort of match root mass to plant size.

@Shaggn You figure the medium makes any difference for keeping it under control like that?

I don't quite understand what you mean?? Being root-bound keeping it small?

@Shaggn And yeah your right. I'll actually cut the net down before lights out and just get the clones up to snuff structure wise

I think @bluter mentioned not using the net. I agree likewise tho!

I have no experience in bonsai training. That being said I think perlite hempy would have some pros and cons, as well as coco. The downside for both would be the frequent watering when the root system filled the tiny/smaller than normal container. Having the plant watered by a slow drip system (extremely light nutrients as well as low light levels) might work out great. Also with perlite trimming the roots would be super easy. Coco would be about the same except you would need to let the medium dry out but not completely. Then you just bang excess coco off the root ball and replant. Would create a nice tight root system.

16145191046126097094017812301155.jpg

They look great but small. I really want to start fresh though. So now that they are healthy I flipped to 12 12

I figure I'm going to stick with equal amounts of the 3 part system and I have a few additives. Overdrive, bud candy, big bud and flawless finish.

Any strong reccomended changes keeping in mind this is all new to me? Also this is a fast fem which they claim is 6 weeks to flower. I'm comfortable with tricombs and ripeness. But how will the supposed short flower time effect my additive use?

they've probably hooked up to the res. once they get enough roots down there they take off.

everything looks great. i would maybe add some perlite on the top of the pot at the back.

they've probably hooked up to the res. once they get enough roots down there they take off.

everything looks great. i would maybe add some perlite on the top of the pot at the back.
Thank you. I just boiled off some used perlite so I'll take your suggestion. I hope I didn't make an error today lol. My aggressive training habits just had to get in there and do some high stress training. Bent over the 2 strongest branches.

Back
Top Bottom