First Hempy, First Grow Tent Grow!

Keep that info comming guys! I feel better each day. Letting the plants dry out for the next 2 days or sooner watering if needed. Now that I'm on par with ph and ppm I'm going to flush heavy then feed again right away with the proper Ph food. Also @bluter I read through your hempy journal in your sig and picked up some tips lol.

Aggressive defol of the bigger girl to get that center stretching.

20210221_135124.jpg
20210221_135115.jpg

that's a lot of red for veg.

if you have one of those dual switch flower/bloom lights run both switches full on. if that is the light you have with both on then so be it.

Sorry to bother you @bluter But I'm still having really slow growth. Only using 1/4 nutes and on on day 3 of them not drinking much but they look very healthy (I will throw up a natural light picture tonight). Only thing I think that is out of the ordinary is when I flood them with normal ph water @5.7 I still get a ph of 6.9 waste. My guess bad salt build up? Any input? I was trying to wait for the pots to get light but it doesn't appear they really drank much at all. Heavy flush again? I'm at a loss

Can't help you with nutes but a couple of those larger damaged fan leaves could go away. The plant's gonna put energy into maintaining and trying to fix those. Snip 'em. Just a few...the biggest and most damaged.
Ah ok. I figured there was enough green for them to be producers

How deep is your tote?

I just looked back through some pictures. I'm sorry but I don't think that tote is working for you.

You said you grabbed that tote from your daughter. Lets get you sorted and you can give the tote back haha. I used a 14kg cat litter pail and grew this.
20190218_205506.jpg

Can you get your hands on something similar. Needs to have some depth, where that tote doesn't have any.. Transplanting is a dream in perlite but only when the plant/s are small. Need to have a pH of 6 to keep a plant healthy and booming.

You said you grabbed that tote from your daughter. Lets get you sorted and you can give the tote back haha. I used a 14kg cat litter pail and grew this.
20190218_205506.jpg

Can you get your hands on something similar. Needs to have some depth, where that tote doesn't have any.. Transplanting is a dream in perlite but only when the plant/s are small. Need to have a pH of 6 to keep a plant healthy and bobooming.
Thanks so much for the interest in my journal. I really didn't expect to be vegging this long! So I'm all for transplanting and I'd have to agree with you about the tote. So transplanting..... the root system appears very extensive. I can see the roots weaved through the surface of the perlite. Not sure if it's possible at this point but I really have no idea.

I have another bean started in a bigger proper 5liter pail. So I do have the option of just flipping if a transplant isn't possible

I wouldn’t remove any leaves till you solve the problem. Seems strange to me they look nute burnt but you said you are feeding at 1/4 strength. Is you ph meter off? Is the ph drifting? You may have said this but what is your water source? Or maybe a deficiency.

I flowered out in a small tote so I doubt that’s your issue. It wasn’t idea but I can’t see it causing that bronzing.

Source out a better container for this plant. Once you have then we transplant. I've used cat litter containers (washed out ofcourse) or my favourite from Dollarama plastic garbage cans (approx. 2.5gal and they come in black!!)
Please stop switching between well water and RO. Choose one and stick with it***
I mentioned it already but keeping the pH at 6 or slightly below will solve most pH issues. That being said did you check the calibration on your pH pen?
From my understanding as the plant/s consume the nutrients the pH rises and the plant/s get a balanced range to use the available nutrients as this happens.
I have never used AN nutes so can't help there. Are these nutes recently purchased new or have they been sitting around for awhile?
Your run-off's pH is higher than what you put in. That would lead me to think they are consuming the nutes but something is going on with the water. Well water is prolly hard water which would require specific nutrients for that application.

When I think of more, I'll be back!! :passitleft:

What is the ppm of the well water? My guess would be quite hard. Well water will also cause ph flux since ph will always climb up. I would stick with RO.
Agreed. As soon as i got the ph meter and ppm meter I switch to RO. One thing off the list. I'll throw up some shot again later. I did get some nice new growth overnight after the flush but I have said that once before in this run haH

I ran into an issue in perlite in my first journal. They were only in cups but they stopped growing and started to do some funky stuff. I transplanted to bigger pots and they were healthy from then on. Hence why I mentioned getting a deeper container for your plant.

No, Transplanting in perlite is awesome!! Tap the rooted ball (lightly) on the side of a container to remove (some) excess perlite (basically loosen up the root ball) Fill new pot 2/3 full and complete normal transplant. May need some support for a few days, if plant is bigger. Give good water with 1/4 - 1/2 strength nutes to good run-off. Let pot get on drier side of things before next watering. Learn to feel the weight of the container.

Btw when plants are young in hempy. Do not fill the res. Only need to keep the perlite moist with enough nutes in the bottom to keep them happy. Hard to judge till you've done it but that's how I roll, similar in coco.

Back
Top Bottom