First Hempy, First Grow Tent Grow!

Oh and you don't need the tin foil on the top of your container. Algae may start to grow there but dies and turns tan/brown pretty quickly. By the time the plant gets big enough there won't be any algae growing anymore. Using a black container is still best.

Ok I will remove the tin foil! I'm not gonna lie though. I'm going to be nervous as shit transplanting lol. If you feel it needs it though due to the depth then I will give it a shot.

My clones in taller but smaller containers are doing a lot better

Ya so...... I didn't completely listen to the "your tote might be too translucent"

Thanks for putting up with my stubborness haha I do want to learn and here I have.

16141784151246808543509067067415.jpg

i concur with the up pot advice. it looks like they missed a ramp up in feed as well.

these are the standard hempy bucket sizes.

full

hempy solo cup for seedling or clone. then 1L - 2L - 5L or 20L if you have forever for veg and room for a tree.
you can up pot from the hempy solo cup to any of the black ones. up pot to the 20L from either the 2L or 5L.

most of my hempy runs have been in the 2L.

edit: i have flowered in them all except the 20L.

Yeah its funny I'd not miss a beat on potting up in soil but for some reason I thought the roots didn't need as much space in hempy. But I learned it the hard way in soild and now ill learn it the hard way in perlite lol.

So... with those light brown roots and algea covered roots. Should I use RO and some hydrogen peroxide? Or just feed as per normal

They don't look like they reached the point of any rot. Feed light for a couple feedings and then bump it up. Nice root ball lol. I think your container was umm full :rofl:
Thanks!

So just to give me some insight as well. By the size of the root ball and the current condition of the plant itself. What kinda time line should I expect to see new results. Another week for the roots to reach the bottom ?

She has quite the rootball. I'd expect some immediate growth in the next couple days. Things happen fast in hempy/coco. You will know when the roots hit the rez, explosive I would think. Keep pH in check (5.8 - 6)!!

it was binding up a bit. that's why the plant looked poor. you sort of time flip different depending on your bucket size. larger buckets lead to larger plants requiring more veg time.

original hempy method was for no larger than a 2L bucket. pop bottles used to be the main go to. veg time was set for anywhere from 2 - 4 wks total then flip for flower.

Thanks everyone! So here is today's process

Updated to that bucket. I just have to take a stab and say it's 7 to 10 liters but I'm a really bad judge. The res is approx 1 liter give or take 200ml.

Ro water today was 0006ppm
Ro water was 6.8ph
Nute mix of 2ml per liter calmag +, and 1ml per liter of the 3part an nutes. Final ppm 0755 and ph was 6.0 dropped to 5.58 with 12 drops of lemon. Will go 10 drops next time

Edit: missed that you have the same bucket and it's 6gallon! Lol thanks I was way off. Home hardware?

Did you pour lots through and get a good amount of run off?? I even tilt the bucket to get some excess out so the roots go looking, although your roots aren't looking, they're found haha

Ya so...... I didn't completely listen to the "your tote might be too translucent"

Thanks for putting up with my stubborness haha I do want to learn and here I have.

16141784151246808543509067067415.jpg

See this thick line of algae 3/4 inch down. That's the beginning layer of main feeder roots and probably the reason your plant was not achieving proper nutrient uptake. Look forward to seeing her bounce back!!

Id say I had at least 10 to 30 percent runoff. And that perlite was presoaked in a similar nutrient solution for a different plant so I dumped the old res flushed with ro dumped the res and then watered with the current solution.

About the algea at the start of the main feeder roots. Does that mean anything above was air roots? Because those were almost knotted up as tight as the bottom. I really hope this thing drops my jaw after it recovers!

Back
Top Bottom