First Hempy, First Grow Tent Grow!

Sorry guys that are still following! Just a quick update on the girls. I have been fighting WPM for a couple weeks now. Started off just using milk and defol but it's creeping up quicker now that there is less room to breath. On the advice of local growers I'm going to start a foliar of 3% H2O2 tonight just before lights out. Let me know what you think!
Need to invest is more light if this is to continue inside. So much wasted space in my 4x4

Start of week 6

20210330_100725.jpg
Its hard to believe its the same girls wow they look really good

I believe it’s the changes they like. Dew point at lights out and stuff like that.
Dry conditions cause the girls to open the stomata in their leaves.
Drawing moisture out of the leaves. That moisture is replaced by drawing nutrients up through the roots. Dryer conditions can be very adventurous think of all the moisture sucked up to replace lost moisture in the leaves of a large plant all those nutrients. But too dry and she shuts down. I like to stay in the 40,s when in flower. But their is a science behind. Vpd. If you want more info.

Drawing moisture out of the leaves. That moisture is replaced by drawing nutrients up through the roots. Dryer conditions can be very adventurous think of all the moisture sucked up to replace lost moisture in the leaves of a large plant all those nutrients. But too dry and she shuts down. I like to stay in the 40,s when in flower. But their is a science behind. Vpd. If you want more info.
Yup 1Kpa all the way through stretch is my understand and what I will be doing on the next flower cycle.

Thanks alot guys. Pretty happy with it. Shame about the mildew but I think ill manage. I guess I should consider raising my humidity and a bit of research. Only other thing I've been having a hard time with otherwise is the salt build up I'm assuming. I had to flush quite a bit to even get my ph below 6.0. And it goes back to square one next dry cycle. I believe I read in someone's journal they water everyday to control it.

I felt the banner sat well @ 2.25ml per liter of the three part system as I just started to see the tips of the leaves showed a little burning past that. A little over 1/2 the recommended strength. I can eye ball my ph down now to hit 5.5 but last 2 feeds I took it down to 4 to bring the run off down further.
Thank god for this form or I'd never have notes.

Wow already found a vpd chart that's super helpful! Thanks for that one

That my friend was in someone's garbage. I'm all about recycling and a find like that is a rarity!

it's called a phototron. it's a weed growing cabinet from the 70's. they used to be advertised in car and nudie girl mags. they still make a version.

A little over 1/2 the recommended strength. I can eye ball my ph down now to hit 5.5 but last 2 feeds I took it down to 4 to bring the run off down further.

run off won't matter. it won't tell you anything of value. just your inputs.

it's called a phototron. it's a weed growing cabinet from the 70's. they used to be advertised in car and nudie girl mags. they still make a version.

run off won't matter. it won't tell you anything of value. just your inputs.
Ah thats awesome to get a little history. I'll have to look at the aerial codes and see how old it is. I did some clean up on the wires but otherwise it's been a handy tool.

Ah so could I have hurt them from lowering the ph to 4.7 ish ?

Ah thats awesome to get a little history. I'll have to look at the aerial codes and see how old it is. I did some clean up on the wires but otherwise it's been a handy tool.

Ah so could I have hurt them from lowering the ph to 4.7 ish ?

what were you trying to do ? it's too low to use for feeding in any media. if it was specifically to get your run off ph down .. er don't. run off ph won't tell you anything.

everything i see looks good. stay the course and don't look for issues. you're doing busters. :)

what were you trying to do ? it's too low to use for feeding in any media. if it was specifically to get your run off ph down .. er don't. run off ph won't tell you anything.

everything i see looks good. stay the course and don't look for issues. you're doing busters. :)
Glad I posted! Yes I was putting in lower ph to try to achieve better run ogg. I thought that reflected what was in the res!

So i got to check the plants post H2o2 and not a lick of white powder mildew to be seen. So ill see if it returns over the next few days. Would you guys reapply even if no WPM is visible? Or wait till it returns before bothering.

I went a little strong @3% used undiluted. There is scattered brown spots but nothing visually concerning. I'd say they will keep up the good work.
20210331_163931.jpg

Week 6 another h2o2 spray 3 percent diluted 1:3 with water to avoid damage to the leaves but hopefully keep the white powder mildew at bay. Took the feeding down just a slight bit as the tips were progressively burning. Also started reccomended amounts of AN overdrive for week 6 and 7 before flush going on this being 8 weeks to finish. Treating the two clones the same for convenience but friend says they were about 8 to finish.

also must note the two clones are packing on weight but the Bruce banner isn't making me think it might take a week or 2 longer.
20210405_195834.jpg
20210405_195644.jpg
20210405_195615.jpg
20210405_195644.jpg
20210405_195612.jpg

20210405_195634.jpg

Sorry about the doubles. Sleepy I guess
That's funny I'm so tired I never noticed repeat pics. :rofl:
Double vision, they look perfect my friend, I think, good night.
Bill

So mid way through week 7. Maybe it's just because I'm used to outsides time line (not knowing what real week it's in) but these are nearing their 8 week time-frame and they don't seem to be bulking up at all really. They are hard little nugs but don't seem to be swelling or getting their final weight. I checked the tricombes and for the most part they are cloudy with some amber only on the tips of the top colas. I did aggressively prune the fan leaves at the end of week 3 and once more around week 6 to test the aggressive pruning approach that some use.

Any input or thoughts? Am I worrying for no reason?

20210413_154743.jpg
20210413_154734.jpg

Its hard to tell your concerns from the pics. Its hard to find fault with perfection. They look fantastic.
One suggestion i might make is to skip defol in week 6. I never maxed out my tent until I stopped plucking her fans. I clean up /lollipop underneath after stretch, and then I don't touch a thing.
Your buds use nutrients stored in your fans, also photosynthesis requires you to have leaves in order to occur.
Just a thought.
Beautiful work.
Bill

Its hard to tell your concerns from the pics. Its hard to find fault with perfection. They look fantastic.
One suggestion i might make is to skip defol in week 6. I never maxed out my tent until I stopped plucking her fans. I clean up /lollipop underneath after stretch, and then I don't touch a thing.
Your buds use nutrients stored in your fans, also photosynthesis requires you to have leaves in order to occur.
Just a thought.
Beautiful work.
Bill
Yeah Bill agreed. I dont see anything obvious that I did differently then outside. I know it's kinda hard to tell I should have done close ups but even though the nugs are dense and he'll they didn't "swell" if that makes sense. Lots of air space between the clusters of cola. Only thing I could attribute it towards is the choice of defol technique, choise of lighting, or possible salt buldup blocking uptake of the late flowering nutrients. Fortunately I can change up the next grow and compare notes!

Yeah Bill agreed. I dont see anything obvious that I did differently then outside. I know it's kinda hard to tell I should have done close ups but even though the nugs are dense and he'll they didn't "swell" if that makes sense. Lots of air space between the clusters of cola. Only thing I could attribute it towards is the choice of defol technique, choise of lighting, or possible salt buldup blocking uptake of the late flowering nutrients. Fortunately I can change up the next grow and compare notes!
I think if you had a salt build up you would have seen an issue earlier.
Like I said its hard to tell from pics you have an issue. If your not happy with buds its possible your light isn't strong enough, heat issues, genetics , nutrition? Could be a number of things.
The only thing I can pinpoint is the defol. Hopefully that's all you have to change and get a great harvest.
Happy growing.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom