First hydro, Deep Water Culture, 400w MH/HPS Sour Diesel, Northern Lights

Re: FryingPanFlyer's first hydro, Deep Water Culture, 400w MH/HPS Sour Diesel, Northern Lig

I've heard that Sannie has a high percentage of fems. I'm 3 out of 5 so far. It's funny that the biggest seeds were the males. All I have left are the smaller seeds so I have big hopes! LOL!

ok, i give up....WHO and what is sannie? sounds like some great seed co. that has not been visited by me yet....huh? huh? thank you...lavendar

Re: FryingPanFlyer's first hydro, Deep Water Culture, 400w MH/HPS Sour Diesel, Northern Lig

You are doing great my friend. I knew you would. Have a great weekend!
On the Beast, how much space is between the tubes and the lights for the plants to grow, having 18" between them?

You are doing great my friend. I knew you would. Have a great weekend!
On the Beast, how much space is between the tubes and the lights for the plants to grow, having 18" between them?

Damn, way too relaxed to remember exact numbers now. Watching the Blues Brothers, smoking Sour Diesel, just got out of the steam shower and I'm ready for another bowl. I'll have to address this tomorrow! lol

glad to read things are looking up for you fpf goes to show you cant keep a good man down :roorrip: peace

Hi Fry Good news to hear. Ship is righting it's self. Have a great time with your sweetie. :thumb:

I'm not out of the woods yet, but it's coming. That's why you can't get too down, something is going to change, you just have to get out there and be ready to take advantage when it shows up. I know I'm not telling you anything OMM, you've got your own way of keeping your stuff together, when you put a few years on you realize you need to develop your own personal coping mechanism.

Here's to all of us survivors! You get knocked down, you get back up and you look for more. I mean the alternative is a bitch!

How bucolic! I'm sitting on the back patio of my gf's house watching the sprinkler going back and forth watering the lawn and the sun go down. It's about 60 deg out, the pups are wrestling on the side lawn, I've got a bowl of the NL from the last harvest going in the pipe, time to fire up the grill! Looks like a nice evening ahead, the margaritas are being poured right now. Gotta run, I'll check back later.

I'm not out of the woods yet, but it's coming. That's why you can't get too down, something is going to change, you just have to get out there and be ready to take advantage when it shows up. I know I'm not telling you anything OMM, you've got your own way of keeping your stuff together, when you put a few years on you realize you need to develop your own personal coping mechanism.

Here's to all of us survivors! You get knocked down, you get back up and you look for more. I mean the alternative is a bitch!

:amen:

Hey Fry glad things are looking up talked to my brother yesterday and i think we will be coming up for a weekend mid june so i'll make sure to give you a heads up:thumb: glad the gods are smilin on ya though my friend I knew they would, stay up brotha :grinjoint:

Hey Fry glad things are looking up talked to my brother yesterday and i think we will be coming up for a weekend mid june so i'll make sure to give you a heads up:thumb: glad the gods are smilin on ya though my friend I knew they would, stay up brotha :grinjoint:

Hey man, that sounds great, definitely letme know.

Hey, gotta run, time for a couple of honey do's. I swear, I have two homes to take care of. Mowed the lawn and fertilized and weeded yesterday, today plant the new bush and bonsai the shrubs on the side of the house. Then next week I work on my place. Spring can be pretty busy for me.

Later! Have a great day!

Driving down life's path, we're going to have an ocassional flat tire. We get out of the car, we fix it and get back in the car and keep on trucking.
Hey,
FPF,
Check out our new baby Congo African Grey Parrot here:

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/pets-2.117359/

I wonder what ever happened to Proverbs???

I've been in Denver for the weekend, we were pretty busy! I've read through your threads but didn't have time to comment yet.

I'm thinking Proverbs is just real busy right now. I know he was going to be on the road about this time of year but I'm not sure what he's up to. I'll send him an email and see if I can raise him.

HI FPF, now that you're back home (I hope you had fun ;)), how much space do you have between the pipes and the lights for the plants to grow in the Beast?

HI FPF, now that you're back home (I hope you had fun ;)), how much space do you have between the pipes and the lights for the plants to grow in the Beast?

That's right, sorry I forgot.

I'll have a total height of about 56" under the lights, so I'm thinking about 40" plants.

The Beast Lives!

The Beast Lives!

Okay, time for a little update, I've got the clones loaded in the beast and it is now in operation! Still a couple items to complete, no co2 yet, I still need to come up with a good system of tying down the plastic, probably a combination of staples, 1x2's and velcro.

So, the stats:

Strains:
6- Durbin Poison
6- Russian
6- AK-47 cross
current stage: clone, rooting
Veg: 3-4 weeks, we'll see
Medium: Hydro, aeroponic system prototype
Size tubes: 6" dia. x 10' long
Grow sites: 18 (6/ tube, 18" o.c.)
Tube spacing: 18", with 12" to plastic at outside tubes
Tube to Bottom of Lights: 56"
Net pots: 3", with hydroton
Res. size: 2- 27 gallon totes
Water Pump: 2300 gph
Recirculating fans: 2- tower type in opposite corners
Size of light: air-cooled 3- 1000k hps
Lighting time: 24/7 during veg.
Cooling Fan: 440 cfm Can Fan
Temp of Room/cab: in test stage, 83 presently
RH of Room/cab: 32%
Nutes: None presently, will use Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow A&B, Super Thrive. Will update during flowering

Okay, my buddy picked up the clones Saturday and I finally got them in today! They don't look that good, only a couple have roots showing and I'd say at least 6 look to be in pretty poor shape. I'll have to wait and see how they work out. The rooting I'm not too concerned with, my grower buddy does his clones in the tubes, I turned the spray to blow right into the side of the net pots, that should sprout some roots. When the roots hits the bottom of the tubes I'll turn the spray to 45 deg down and spray the roots.

I've got a pretty good flow in the supply tubes, the water is spraying out pretty good, but not as hard as my buddies was. Oh, I probably forgot to mention, Friday I got to see his grow, they put the cutting into the tubes on Wednesday, there were already roots showing through a couple net pots! Two days to root, this system kicks butt! He's got 99 plants going. He's going to let them veg a long time since he has so much head height. He wants to see how far he can push this system. He said he had one grow where they averaged 22 oz/ plant! Now I want to see that!

But he is going to turn his water flow down, I may too, I'm not sure I need it this hard, but it is good to see a good flow now. I'm not using any sprayers on my supply, 1/8" holes on a 1 1/4" supply drilled at every net pot. I used a coupling to attach my pvc supply lines allowing me to turn the tubes as required for the stage of growth. I intend to clone in the tubes in the future.

IMG_21471.jpg

Well, that's about all I can think of right now. Time for a glass of wine and a bowl to celebrate this joyous day! This should be good.

But hey, do you guys think I should start a new thread for this one or just continue here? I should probably change the name of this thread if I stay here, which is the way I'm leaning.

Have a great day!

Looks great FPF! New Thread, Old Thread, whatever, as long as I can find you! :reading420magazine:

Ok, changed my mind. I vote for a new journal. The Beast is so BIG it deserves its own space. Plus then you can have all the details and pics in the first post. :slide:

Back
Top Bottom