First Proper Grow Attempt - DWC Vs Soil Testing

Ye Gods man! Lol. You need to enter that plant in the monthly.

Hope all is well!
Thanks a lot dude! Might enter her when shes done. Would be a laugh to have a go . All is good here friend hope all is well with you too. I have a shot at the dream today...got a job interview at my local hydro shop wish me luck!

Good luck! (Slap down that cola on the desk to show your skill set .)
Haha I wish, it is technically illegal still despite seeds and grow shops being 100% legal . I am going armed with a couple pics on my phone though. Just about to leave so thanks for the luck! I'll need it, not had a job interview in ages, worked for myself for a long time.

Brief update for today.

Firstly I think the interview went well, I must have done something right as they are going to try and get me some work over the next couple weeks and then hopefully I'll be full time at a new store that is opening in month. Sounds like a plan. If all goes to plan i'll be doing 6days a week and opening up/closing up shop etc . I think it was my pics that won him over actually lol. He was like "pssh everyone comes in and says they can do it - oh - wait - damn, ok yeah I believe you" . The money is pretty terrible but the perks should be sweet staff discount on my nutes and all future equipment ✨. My only worry is my prints will get on loads of people's stuff and if they get raided then I will too (cops already got my prints on file). Ah well atleast work will be understanding hahaha.

The DWC is doing well, starting to look a little more like shes fixing to finish up soon. I hope so as I just want to chop it now and make way for other things. PH was a tad low and EC a bit high so I topped up with 6L of my tap water and it fixed it exactly haha. PH 5.8 and EC 1.1 not bad for just using unadulterated tap water. Buds are starting to gain even more weight (didnt think it would be possible) and they are starting to bend down even though they are supported. I will probably have to tie the branches up to the ceiling soon to stop them snapping. Got a couple of different pics of it today. Added a small drinks bottle for scale on a couple.
420-magazine-mobile1486127730.jpg

420-magazine-mobile815585225.jpg

420-magazine-mobile561005153.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1084208366.jpg

Big fat colas, so happy, its actually started to smell pretty nice in the last few days too which is always a good thing.

As for the soil plants, Soil 1's days are numbered it has maybe 2 weeks left then no matter what its getting chopped to make way for more plants in veg. The leaves are yellowing up now and its starting to look closer to being done. The buds are still a bit airy and weak looking but it was my 1st grow so I'll allow it, this one time . Wont be chuffed if my TD turns out like this one though, not that its looking like it will at all. Speaking of which, the TD is still loving life, all the leaves worshipping the lights, trichomes everywhere already.
420-magazine-mobile419247234.jpg

Still smells divine too. I wish you all could smell this thing. Its just out of this world, mouth wateringly good.
The RCB is starting to form tiny little buds too, there really is going to be a lot of them! I kept trying to count the tops, but keep getting lost and gave up after a while.
Anyways a final overview for today.
420-magazine-mobile1006203495.jpg

Have an awesome day everyone! ✌

Just subed - I guess never too late to join. Fine looking grow!:goodjob:

This grower can grow Troy. You'll get a lot of info on dwc as well as soil here. Green thumbs all around. And those bud photos.....get a drool cup.....lol....enjoy.

This grower can grow Troy. You'll get a lot of info on dwc as well as soil here. Green thumbs all around. And those bud photos.....get a drool cup.....lol....enjoy.
Haha you are too kind. I'm grinning from ear to ear right now dude you just made my day! Thank you very much.
I try my best, but there is always more to learn.
Hopefully the Coco experiment will be starting up in about 3 weeks time really excited to be able to ScrOG a plant that effectively is in a hydroponic medium. Also the temptation to get some colloidal silver going on some Autos is beckoning me. Cheap Auto seeds has to be a winner. And trying to work out if it is worth the risk to take 20 or so TD clones for a SOG ah decisions decisions...all these strains and techniques and only so much space to try them lol.

Haha you are too kind. I'm grinning from ear to ear right now dude you just made my day! Thank you very much.
I try my best, but there is always more to learn.

Kudos are well deserved for you GM. And the learning is perpetual like your grow. Keep up the grand growing.

The dwc grow is amazing Glaucoma
Thank you very much dude! Very kind of you to say. I would be nowhere without the help of everybody on here. Such a great community here I love it.

What a great day today has been thanks to all you guys! Looking forward to getting the DWC down and having a crack at a TD clone in there . I'm up for all the pain in the ass work for bud that nice lol.

Ok bit of an update on the veg tent today, might get a flower one in too later, depends if the baby sleeps .

Big things happening today, after recovering from drying up somewhat (my bad ) I have now transplanted the two Black DOGs and the TD clone. They were in 3L pots, now they are in 12L I think they will be a bit happier as a result.

The RCB seems to be happy and its so branchy I'm going to try it without the ScrOG as a comparison to the one I currently have in flower. Its so branchy it doesn't really need the screen tbh .
420-magazine-mobile249185419.jpg

Today also marks the beginnings of a bigger ScrOG project. Both Bdogs and the TD have been ScrOG'd. Starting with a small approx 1ft square then will add a second bigger layer above later on.

1st Transplanted:
420-magazine-mobile1567240948.jpg

TD:
420-magazine-mobile330971461.jpg

Bdog1:
420-magazine-mobile294929395.jpg

Bdog2:
420-magazine-mobile568588045.jpg

The Amnesia Auto now actually looking a little better, still tiny but thats ok for now. It might get axed early, but not anytime soon atleast.
420-magazine-mobile779869717.jpg

The large fan leaves were blocking the branches so I tried a new idea, supercrop the leaf stem...who knows, it might work .
420-magazine-mobile458328808.jpg

420-magazine-mobile287335797.jpg

Finally I reorganized the plants and raised the light a bit for better coverage and to get the Auto in the center of the light.
420-magazine-mobile361524717.jpg

Now I just need to clean up all the soil and I'm done lol.

Have a good day all. ✌

Ok I can squeeze in a quick flower update now.

The DWC is coming along well, progressing much faster than I thought it would. Seems a week ahead of yesterday. Still got white pistils everywhere but lots of swolen calyxs and maybe 50% clear, 50% cloudy trichs now. Might start cutting down on the nutes to get her flushing out a little. At this point I'm not worried about losing a bit of potential weight, there is enough there as it is! The buds have serious weight to them!
Couple of pics:
420-magazine-mobile1092803022.jpg

420-magazine-mobile150721325.jpg

Soil 1 is starting to look like shit, on top of that the thrips seem to be making a comeback on it so I will be chopping it down either later tonight if I get time, If not then tomorrow, its good enough for me and I want rid of the thrip stronghold it is becoming. Going to have to do another neem spray soon. Will wait until the DWC is harvested first, don't want neem on the buds right before harvest .
Soil 1
420-magazine-mobile740880052.jpg

As for the TD, well its continuing to amaze me. Buds are stacking up nicely now, looks like this one is a real winner. Smell is still unbelievable too!
420-magazine-mobile1878369656.jpg

420-magazine-mobile709989684.jpg

The RCB ScrOG has loads of tiny buds all over the top now, it didnt really stretch at all so we will see how they turn out, I was expecting atleast some stretch but nope. Its just a flat layer of tiny buds right now so we'll see. Maybe in future I'll let it stretch a bit (6 inches or so) in veg then flip it. Ah well its not even close to over yet so plenty of time for it to amaze me. Im sure it will still be awesome smoke, no worries there.
420-magazine-mobile499127999.jpg

I also have now smoked a little of the Soil 2 I chopped and I gotta say even without any curing it is lovely. Still not even conpletely dry so its getting 12hr rotation from jar to screens and back. Super happy though I think its going to be killer after some time curing.

Anyways a final overview and I gotta get going.
420-magazine-mobile240386398.jpg

Take care all, have a great day! ✌

Back
Top Bottom