First Time Grower - Raspberry Cough

How do you start your seeds? If you dont use Rapid Rooters start now. It can be frustrating. Last season i tried to start 12 looking for 4 solid seedlings i got three, but one didnt grow a meristem, so then there were two. Thr happy ending is that i grew 27oz from those 2. Keep your chin up man.

In the picture theres 16.2oz on the table and 10.2 in the jars behind

How do you start your seeds? If you dont use Rapid Rooters start now. It can be frustrating. Last season i tried to start 12 looking for 4 solid seedlings i got three, but one didnt grow a meristem, so then there were two. Thr happy ending is that i grew 27oz from those 2. Keep your chin up man.

In the picture theres 16.2oz on the table and 10.2 in the jars behind
My raspberry cough all 3 seeds did amazing in germination, i did the bubblicious the same way and 1 did great, 1 has a tail and was just about ground but molded, the other was a dud

Rapid Rooters will help. I used to grow in Rockwool. Since ive been using these my germination rate is probably 95%. They arent super expensive, and i've dried them out over time and brought them back. If you can find the, buy them. They are organic, but work well in hydro.

My raspberry cough all 3 seeds did amazing in germination, i did the bubblicious the same way and 1 did great, 1 has a tail and was just about ground but molded, the other was a dud
The mold thing is wierd... too much water may have helped that. I have couple great/strong, seedlings that im about to lose. My res. has creeping death. Frantically trying to fix it. Fuck

I think my grow room gets to cold at times,the joys of living in Canada. Its a hermie will it grow bud still?
Big environment fluctuations can spark the hermie trait for sure, just make sure you make necessary changes before you start again. Not sure how you got mold, but obviously that needs to be controlled as well.
I have had some hermies over the years that I limped to full harvest, but it ain't pretty. You have to remove all the male sacs and leave the female pistils. The ones I managed to harvest were deeper into flowering and had less sacs, but it can be done with enough work. If you let it go, you will get a ton of seeds (unless the male sacs are sterile) and the bud will be lower quality as @Bonsaiweed said. Seeds aren't the worst thing, but these seeds will all have the hermie trait.
But as @Stltoed said, don't give up. If you get less seeds to pop, veg the shit out of it with multiple topping and LST, you can grow a beauty like his 16 zipper.
Where did your get these seeds? The big seed banks might well replace them.

Big environment fluctuations can spark the hermie trait for sure, just make sure you make necessary changes before you start again. Not sure how you got mold, but obviously that needs to be controlled as well.
I have had some hermies over the years that I limped to full harvest, but it ain't pretty. You have to remove all the male sacs and leave the female pistils. The ones I managed to harvest were deeper into flowering and had less sacs, but it can be done with enough work. If you let it go, you will get a ton of seeds (unless the male sacs are sterile) and the bud will be lower quality as @Bonsaiweed said. Seeds aren't the worst thing, but these seeds will all have the hermie trait.
But as @Stltoed said, don't give up. If you get less seeds to pop, veg the shit out of it with multiple topping and LST, you can grow a beauty like his 16 zipper.
Where did your get these seeds? The big seed banks might well replace them.

I had a hermi and didnt know it till i saw pollen come out of it, in the cure.. Ill try to find it.

So as you know im down to my last Raspberry cough plant one was male the other decided to hermie i seemed to have fixed light leaks, this plant i have put in veg mode for last few days with my Bubblicious, it seems to be doing better, i really need to get another light. but here are its preflowers finally, does it look female to you. :/
View album 20463 Also if female would it stress her out and hermie to take some cuttings so i can make clones?

Ok... so heres what i can share with you. For future reference, im not stating i know about ligjts, but if i were in the market, i would be looking at these companies.

I have Black Dogs. They are a good light. Last season my two 400watt Black Dogs put out 27oz. Not record breaking, but not bad.
Dont bother with BDs. They are extraordinarily expensive.... you can do better

Rapid LED. they sell cobs of all shapes and sizes. Ive honestly never seen one, but i hear they run well. No reason to believe otherwise since they all seem to made with the same shit.

Timber LED. Another fixture building company. Good stuff from what i hear. I think Grandpa Tokin uses Timber. They also have some very intriguing kits. Including Quantum Boards, sorry, the cheapest one is $350

HLG. You can buy this stuff on Amazon. Quantum boards are their thing. The are smaller/less expensive units online

Theres also ChilLED and a ton more. Right now the single biggest piece of information you need is how big your space is. We got the room size, but what is the grow area size

If heat isnt a problem and youre tight on money look at conventional bulbs. Metal halide and high pressure sodium fixtures are really cheap by comparisons. High end LED lights are gonna be kind of spendy. My two main lights were $2000, and that was minus 500 for the good guy deal.

Theres a million ways to do it. You just need to figure out the best way for you

Hello everybody,long time no update. As you remember my first grow of 3 plants ended up being a learning experience and i'm now on to grow 2? i currently have 5 plants my little bubblicious ended up being a male lol showed his balls at 3 weeks he matured a lot faster it seems then the last grow, sun light helps :) I'm not worried tho i plan to let him grow away from the rest so i can get pollen from him the other 4 i hope are females (only if i was the lucky) i do have one that looks a little down i guess i over watered or it was getting root bound so i transplanted and left it in the cool grow room so i didnt stress it out in this heat,+30 Celsius. Anyway heres some pics sorry for bad picks i got a new phone no longer got my Pixel 2 also my damn turkey decided to chomp some leaves :(, oh and the 4 younger ones are 10 days younger then the oldest.

Back
Top Bottom