First Time Indoor SCROG - CFL Maybe

Gettin' close Sonzor. Great job on the scrog.:cheer:

NIce and frosty outdoor plants. too bad the critters found them again. Great pics, really shows the crystal on those buds.
Very nice!!
:)

Wowwwiieeeee!!!! :tokin:

Thanks for taking a look.

Awesome looking buds, Sonzor! :welldone:

Makes me wanna go skiing with all those frost-covered mountains!

Thanks Mr. Krip, I just wish they would hurry up and finish, I have a my new strain ready and willing to get in their.

Gettin' close Sonzor. Great job on the scrog.:cheer:

NIce and frosty outdoor plants. too bad the critters found them again. Great pics, really shows the crystal on those buds.
Very nice!!
:)

Thanks Mmmmick, took the outside plants down this morning and it was even worse than I could have imagined. I have no idea how those little things multiply so fast. I would say around 75% of the buds went straight into the the butter bag. I did get a few pretty nice buds that somehow avoided the infestation of bugs, so I can't complain to much. I only can smoke so much.

Hey Buddy. :Rasta:

Man, you don't need a new camera. Those pictures are great. The SCROG is looking wonderful.:thumb:

Glad the wife gave the go ahead with oder control. In your place my hair would have been standing on end! :smokin:

Hello OMM, it sucks but my camera has well over 100,000 clicks, and that means I am way overdue. It does work for this sort of thing, but not for what I really need my camera for.

The wife really did not have a choice. Something had to give. I did go out and get a 4 inch inline fan. Nobody seem to have a 4" filter so I hooked it up to my homemade filter and it seem to be working just fine. I have all my manicured buds from my outside plants in there so it will be a true test if that little filter I made is up to the challenge. I hope it is cause it will save me 150 buck. I find it amazing those filter cost so much, I made mine for something like 8 bucks. Charcoal is only like 5 bucks a pound. These stores and the producers of these things must be making a killing. Something has got to give. Anyway, sorry for the rant. Thanks for stopping in and your comments

Thanks for taking a look.

Thanks Mr. Krip, I just wish they would hurry up and finish, I have a my new strain ready and willing to get in their.

Thanks Mmmmick, took the outside plants down this morning and it was even worse than I could have imagined. I have no idea how those little things multiply so fast. I would say around 75% of the buds went straight into the the butter bag. I did get a few pretty nice buds that somehow avoided the infestation of bugs, so I can't complain to much. I only can smoke so much.

Hello OMM, it sucks but my camera has well over 100,000 clicks, and that means I am way overdue. It does work for this sort of thing, but not for what I really need my camera for.

The wife really did not have a choice. Something had to give. I did go out and get a 4 inch inline fan. Nobody seem to have a 4" filter so I hooked it up to my homemade filter and it seem to be working just fine. I have all my manicured buds from my outside plants in there so it will be a true test if that little filter I made is up to the challenge. I hope it is cause it will save me 150 buck. I find it amazing those filter cost so much, I made mine for something like 8 bucks. Charcoal is only like 5 bucks a pound. These stores and the producers of these things must be making a killing. Something has got to give. Anyway, sorry for the rant. Thanks for stopping in and your comments

Hi Sonzor :)

Put that camera in the hall of fame! You sure got your money's worth.

Man. sorry that the bugs got you so bad. You did get some though and that's always a plus. I couldn't agree more. Someone, actually many someones are making a killing on filters. :smokin:
I'm going to try to get by without one. Interesting there are no 4" filters.....they are pushing us to better and more expensive stuff all the time.
Hope the girls finish soon. I get to worrying when I have some waiting in the wings. All the best my friend! :)

What's up boys and girls. Hope you all had a wonderful 420, although every day should be 420. The plants are on week 10 and looking like they can still go another few days to a week. I know I keep saying that every week, I guess it's wishful thinking. The plants have only been getting plain water for the past 2 weeks and they are showing signs of it. I hope I did not stop feeding them too soon but live and learn. I got my fan but no filter. I still can not find anyone out where I live that has 4 inch filters in stock. My favorite Hydro store ordered some and said they where going to be in on wed. But of course that did not happen. Hoping to get it tomorrow. As for now I have my homemade filter attached. It is doing an ok job but with the plants and all those buds drying in there, it is just a little too much to ask of that little thing. Anyway, and any all comments will be much appreciated.

lbh_indoor_4_22_2011_10.jpg

lbh_indoor_4_22_2011_09.jpg

lbh_indoor_4_22_2011_08.jpg

lbh_indoor_4_22_2011_07.jpg

lbh_indoor_4_22_2011_05.jpg

lbh_indoor_4_22_2011_06.jpg

As for the outside plants, they have been taken down. The majority of the buds where not worthy of the time it would take to manicure so they went into a bag for misc. fun like cooking and hash. I have about half of a paper grocery bag so I have plenty to do whatever. This first pic is what a majority of the buds looked like that went into the paper sack for. Frosty just not much to them.

lbh_indoor_4_22_2011_01.jpg

The following pics are of some of the buds I kept. Not the greatest by any means but they will work.
The total weight of the buds I kept for smoking was approx. 69 grams. I believe that is 2.43 oz. That will keep me busy while I wait for the scrog to finish. This is in jars for their cure. I will give them a couple weeks before I give them a try.

lbh_indoor_4_22_2011_02.jpg

lbh_indoor_4_22_2011_03.jpg

lbh_indoor_4_22_2011_04.jpg

Thanks everyone for hanging around and taking the time to comment. It is much appreciated.

The outdoor buds you kept sure look good to me! You should get allot of edibles or hash out of them, with whats left, so not too big a loss.

Man! Do I hear you on "wait another week"! The SCROG is looking good and normal, they are sucking the fan leaves dry, a nice yellow going on there.
I'm with you, they should be good smoke when they are harvested.
Congratulations on being so patient. :thumb:

Gettin' close sonzor. Looks like a very nice load of tops, finishing nicely as OMM mentioned.:goodjob:

Good luck keeping the smell down until your filter is in.

Lots of trichs on those outdoor buds. Should be plenty of nice treats to come out of that paper bag, not to mention 2.5 z's of bud.

:thumb::popcorn:

The outdoor buds you kept sure look good to me! You should get allot of edibles or hash out of them, with whats left, so not too big a loss.

Man! Do I hear you on "wait another week"! The SCROG is looking good and normal, they are sucking the fan leaves dry, a nice yellow going on there.
I'm with you, they should be good smoke when they are harvested.
Congratulations on being so patient. :thumb:

Thanks OMM, lets hope for some great smoke,

Gettin' close sonzor. Looks like a very nice load of tops, finishing nicely as OMM mentioned.:goodjob:

Good luck keeping the smell down until your filter is in.

Lots of trichs on those outdoor buds. Should be plenty of nice treats to come out of that paper bag, not to mention 2.5 z's of bud.

:thumb::popcorn:

Smell has been a big issue. I keep going into the hydro store and they tell me another couple of days. It's been 2 weeks, I should have just ordered it online. Thanks for the comments and stopping in.

Really nice looking pics...a hell of a first time run....gotta be happy with what your seeing....wish mine were that close...

Thanks Horticultural, I am not complaining, but I have learned a lot and the next run will be much better. Thanks for stopping in.

B-E-A-U-tiful!! :yummy: :thumb:

Thank Rubivroom, you comments are much appreciated.

What's up boys and girls. The LBH SCROG is finished. Had about 30% ambers so I took the girls down, manicured and dried them. I think I let them dry a little to long but they are in jars as of an hour ago. Hopefully there is enough moister in the stems for a good cure.

The yield was not one to brag about for sure. I got 48.3 grams of some nice buds. I would say about the same, maybe a little less of popcorn and buds that were not worthy putting in jars. So if the goal to shoot for is 1 gram per watt than the grow did not even come close. With that said, I do not consider this a failure by any means. This was my first attempt and I think I will do much better on the second run.

Take a look,

lbh_indoor_4_30_2011_01.jpg

lbh_indoor_4_30_2011_02.jpg

lbh_indoor_4_30_2011_03.jpg

lbh_indoor_4_30_2011_04.jpg

lbh_indoor_4_30_2011_05.jpg

lbh_indoor_4_30_2011_06.jpg

lbh_indoor_4_30_2011_07.jpg

The next picture is a first for me, I tried to make hash with to different methods. The first I used the butane method. Not sure I like this and the yield for the amount of buds was pretty small. It is possible I did not do it the correct way but I am not to sure about using butane anyway. It just makes me a little uneasy smoking something that was made with butane. But been their, done that. The other way was with Isopropyl Alcohol. As you can see the hash came out almost black. I would think that yes it does have some plant matter in it that makes it black but I usually smoke buds so it cant be any worse for me than that. I think after doing both methods I would have to say I prefer the alcohol method. As I stated above, I am just a little freaked out about the butane, I am not even sure I am going to smoke it, looks good though.

lbh_indoor_4_30_2011_08.jpg

That's what I'm talking about! :cheer:

48.3 grams of good buds! :yummy:

Those nugs look beautiful my friend. :) Congratulations! :)

I agree, you should do even better on the next run, now that you've learned allot this time. Are you going to take a break or just keep it going? :high-five:

That's what I'm talking about! :cheer:

48.3 grams of good buds! :yummy:

Those nugs look beautiful my friend. :) Congratulations! :)

I agree, you should do even better on the next run, now that you've learned allot this time. Are you going to take a break or just keep it going? :high-five:

Hello OMM, Yes I am pretty happy with the way things went and yes, I did learn a lot. As for keeping going, I have six plants going, 2 are about 30 days into flower, One is a LBH clone and the other is a LB Moon Haze, I really am not exactly sure on the days. I put them out just cause I did not have any room for them. They were put into flower at about a foot and I topped the heck out of them so they are small but are looking pretty good. The other four are all LB Moon Haze, they have been vegging for pretty close to 2 months. They have been in 1 gallon pots and have been pretty root bound for the past month, so they are pretty small. They have been transplanted into 15 gallon pots. 2 are outside and the other two will be used for another run at a scrog. Thanks so much for hanging around and all you comments.

Hello OMM, Yes I am pretty happy with the way things went and yes, I did learn a lot. As for keeping going, I have six plants going, 2 are about 30 days into flower, One is a LBH clone and the other is a LB Moon Haze, I really am not exactly sure on the days. I put them out just cause I did not have any room for them. They were put into flower at about a foot and I topped the heck out of them so they are small but are looking pretty good. The other four are all LB Moon Haze, they have been vegging for pretty close to 2 months. They have been in 1 gallon pots and have been pretty root bound for the past month, so they are pretty small. They have been transplanted into 15 gallon pots. 2 are outside and the other two will be used for another run at a scrog. Thanks so much for hanging around and all you comments.

Your a man after my own heart.....why stop now...let's keep it going! :high-five:
15 gallon pots! Wooo Hooo! and another scrog!
Sonzor don't thank me! I like you and your grows. My pleasure! :grinjoint:

Sorry, not sure what I was thinking, the plants are in 5 gallon not 15 gallon. Although today I was at Lowe's and picked up 2, 15 gallon buckets, super sturdy for 9 bucks and a 20 gallon for the tea's for 8 bucks. You can not beat that. If they where sold for plants they would be twice that much and if they where at the Hydro store you would pay 3X that price.

Congratulations on the Super glazed buds Sonzor, and the two kinds of hash look tempting too. May you for always have a little bit of green growing somewhere... I'd like to see ya' do a scrog out doors:yummy: lol I'd like to see one PERIOD.

Thanks siscokid, much appreciated. I think I will always have a little something growing. It's just way to fun not to. As for the outdoor SCROG, I was just thinking about that the other day and if it is even an option. I have never seen it done before. Oh well who knows maybe I will give it a try for Shits and giggles. Bless.

My friend Butane is in your lighter that you smoke with for one and butane returns back to gas form at room temp, if you pop the bubbles in your hash you will get a lot of the trapt butane out too.

Iso alcohol is not good for you i know it will make you sick if you drink it, if you want to make it the alcohol method get ethanol alcohol, you can drink the stuff and get drunk even.

but in my opinion the best is the butane oil as long as you use the right butane any 5x refined or higher will do the other have impurities and additives that will get in your hash.

Take care Green

My friend Butane is in your lighter that you smoke with for one and butane returns back to gas form at room temp, if you pop the bubbles in your hash you will get a lot of the trapt butane out too.

Iso alcohol is not good for you i know it will make you sick if you drink it, if you want to make it the alcohol method get ethanol alcohol, you can drink the stuff and get drunk even.

but in my opinion the best is the butane oil as long as you use the right butane any 5x refined or higher will do the other have impurities and additives that will get in your hash.

Take care Green

Hello N.W. Green, I do agree and I did use the 5x refined, I just have some hang up with the butane. I figure alcohol is used to kill all sorts of impurities so how bad could it be. In the end, I think both methods if done correct are pretty clean. And holy cow does it pack a punch, maybe a little to much of a punch for me. Thanks for taking the time to stop in and your comments. Bless

Back
Top Bottom