First Time Indoor SCROG - CFL Maybe

What's up boys and girls, sorry for my hiatus it has been a crazy couple of weeks. First off my SCROG is doing OK. The canopy is not even at all. I thought the plants were done stretching, so I stopped tucking. I could not have been anymore wrong. I am not too worried about it. It's all fun and games and it looks like I will be getting some buds so I will just let it go. I also did some defoliation one these ladies. I was not sure how much to cut. I thought after I was done that I cut way too much but it looks like they did not mind the hair cut. I believe the plants are in around the third week of flower.

lbmh_indoor_5_27_2011_01.jpg

lbmh_indoor_5_27_2011_02.jpg

lbmh_indoor_5_27_2011_03.jpg

lbmh_indoor_5_27_2011_05.jpg

lbmh_indoor_5_27_2011_04.jpg

The next few pictures are of the outside Lemon Bubble Moon Haze. I would say she is about 50/50 amber, cloudy. I am letting this one go, mostly because I do not need any bud at this point and also because I am going to try and get some knock you out bud. So I will let her go until I see her trichs falling over.

lbmh_outdoor_5_27_2011_01-1.jpg

lbmh_outdoor_5_27_2011_01-3.jpg

lbmh_outdoor_5_27_2011_01-2.jpg

Next up are the other two Lemon Bubble Moon haze from the great outdoors. These two ladies are getting pretty darn big. I was thinking they would have started to flower but they are not and I am going to have to wait until the days start to get shorter. This is going to become an issue because by that time I am going to have a couple very big trees I am going to have to deal with. I guess there are worse things to have to deal with.

lbmh_outdoor_5_27_2011_01.jpg

lbmh_outdoor_5_27_2011_02.jpg

Last but not least, the following picture are of the Lemon Bubble Haze I have been growing outside. I am kind of tripping on these buds a little. These buds are rock hard and pretty darn frosty. These buds are so different from the Lemon Bubble Haze buds I have grown in the past and really, really different from the indoor Lemon Bubble Haze buds. I will post a couple pictures at the end of the indoor LBH buds so you can see what I am talking about.

lbh_outdoor_5_27_2011_02.jpg

lbh_outdoor_5_27_2011_01.jpg

lbh_outdoor_5_27_2011_04.jpg

lbh_outdoor_5_27_2011_03.jpg

lbh_outdoor_5_27_2011_05.jpg

lbh_outdoor_5_27_2011_07.jpg

lbh_outdoor_5_27_2011_06.jpg

This is a picture of the indoor LBH for a comparison.
lbh_indoor_4_30_2011_06.jpg

That is all for now, thanks to all of you who have stuck around and commented. It is very much appreciate.

sonzor!! cant believe i missed your new grow! last time I saw you around the helicopters were flying over your house! glad to see your back on your feet and in a position to be able to have a garden once more :) im on bored for sure mate, look forward to seeing your SOG turn out!

Leb

Hello Leboskii, it is nice. moved it indoor to stay away from the bugs and the whirlybirds. I will always a couple little ones on the sun but very small. Nice to hear from you again. Thanks for stopping in...

Nice Nugs Sonzor!!! I am doing my 1st grow as well as Scrog and I am very excited to see the "carpet" of bud that this produces!! I just flowered 3 days ago so I still have a while to go with my Scrog but I hope my nugs turn out even half as decent as yours!!! Great looking grow's...I will definitely stay tuned!!! Check out my journal when you get a chance!!! I did a v-type scrog to maximize lighting intensity...wish me luck!!!

Hello Icemud, thanks for the kind words and and stopping in. I will check out your grow for sure..... + rep

Hi My Friend. Sonzor :)

Guess they fooled you, still stretching are they? Like you said not a problem.
Good for you removing under brush from the SCROG. They don't look like they minded it. Can't believe all the snow on them already. Gonna be some good stuff.:yummy:

I love coming by.....you have plants everywhere! The out doorzies are looking good too. I think your right, you may have some monsters out there.
All the best to you Buddy. Check out my sig...it's started! :cheer:

Hi Sonzor. The scrog is looking good, lots of frost already. The uneven canopy will give you a better idea how long to shoot for when you run your next grow. The tallest might load up right down to the screen, so you'll know they want the room to fill in and that tweak might make a huge difference in yield.

Careful not to let the outdoor girls go too long. 50/50 will amber further while curing. Since you don't really need the bud it'll be a good exercise in determining where you like it best. I'd be tempted to try a top now so you could compare to a more fully cured top later, but you know the plant beter so I'll patiently await your results.(always worth the wait):cheer:

Those younger ladies you've got outside are aching to get huge, bushy girls indeed.

I'd be happy with the in or the out although the indoor bud looks tighter and maybe even a bit more frosty. Do you think they have similar effects and flavor?

Great update, I always enjoy your awesome pics.

Hope life slows down a bit for you, it's good to be productive but the pressures can take their toll. :nicethread:

Beautiful stuff my friend! Sending positive energy your way.

Those vibes are felt and appreciated. Thanks for stopping in...

Hi My Friend. Sonzor :)

Guess they fooled you, still stretching are they? Like you said not a problem.
Good for you removing under brush from the SCROG. They don't look like they minded it. Can't believe all the snow on them already. Gonna be some good stuff.:yummy:

I love coming by.....you have plants everywhere! The out doorzies are looking good too. I think your right, you may have some monsters out there.
All the best to you Buddy. Check out my sig...it's started! :cheer:

Hello OMM, The stretching has become a little issue but not one I am going to worry about too much, as for the trimming I think they liked it, they have not skipped a beat. The outdoor plants seem to be doing very well, I hope they start to flower or I am going to have some tall trees.

Hi Sonzor. The scrog is looking good, lots of frost already. The uneven canopy will give you a better idea how long to shoot for when you run your next grow. The tallest might load up right down to the screen, so you'll know they want the room to fill in and that tweak might make a huge difference in yield.

Careful not to let the outdoor girls go too long. 50/50 will amber further while curing. Since you don't really need the bud it'll be a good exercise in determining where you like it best. I'd be tempted to try a top now so you could compare to a more fully cured top later, but you know the plant beter so I'll patiently await your results.(always worth the wait):cheer:

Those younger ladies you've got outside are aching to get huge, bushy girls indeed.

I'd be happy with the in or the out although the indoor bud looks tighter and maybe even a bit more frosty. Do you think they have similar effects and flavor?

Great update, I always enjoy your awesome pics.

Hope life slows down a bit for you, it's good to be productive but the pressures can take their toll. :nicethread:

Hello Mmmmick, you are so correct, every grow is a learning experience and will give me a little more knowledge for the next. As for the outdoor lady, I did take her down, thanks for the advice and I will give an update. I am crossing my fingers that the outside girls start to flower, I really can not have 6 foot plus plants growing, they are just a little too unmanageable for me. I can not even imagine have a pound or more per plant to deal with.

Actually the outside plants buds are much smaller but very dense, I think you are correct about the frost though. The indoor seems to have produce some frostier buds.

As always thanks for the advise and stopping in. It is greatly appreciated.

them dried nugs look so good i can almost taste them!!! alsome tric production on them

Thanks MrDocGanga they smell pretty awesome also...

funny thing i was looking at them thinking that looks like lemon haze then i read the description. is that lbh a greenhouse seeds strain?

Good eye MrDocGanja, the strain is only part Super Lemon Haze. Last year I crossed bubble gum with super lemon haze and what I got is Lemon Bubble Haze.

Mouth watering treats :yummy:

Hello siscokid, wish I could share it with you. Thanks for stopping in and your comments.

Update to come shortly.... Bless...

Hello boys and girls, update time.

I believe we are in week 4 for the scrog. One issue I cam across this week was I had the lights too close to the tops of the tallest tops. I kept the lights pretty close to make sure the smaller tops were getting enough light but I guess I had them too close and got some damage on the tops of the taller tops. I moved the lights up around a half inch or so, I hope that was enough. Here are some pics:

lbmh_indoor_6_03_2011_01.jpg

lbmh_indoor_6_03_2011_02.jpg

lbmh_indoor_6_03_2011_03.jpg

lbmh_indoor_6_03_2011_04.jpg

lbmh_indoor_6_03_2011_06.jpg

lbmh_indoor_6_03_2011_05.jpg

lbmh_indoor_6_03_2011_07.jpg

lbmh_indoor_6_03_2011_08.jpg

The next set of pictures are my outdoor LBMH, They seem to be getting bigger and bigger. Lots of little bud sites forming so I hope that is a good sign that they are going to flower and keep flowering. Days are getting longer and longer so we will see. I did put them into a spot where they do not get sun in the late afternoon so maybe that will help.

lbmh_outdoor_6_03_2011_01.jpg

lbmh_outdoor_6_03_2011_02.jpg

I had three clones that were ready to be put somewhere, so I took one and am trying my hand at this hempy thing. I do not know too much about this technique and have no idea how it will turn out. As for the two other clones I put them in some soil mix and will let them do their thing. I found it pretty darn amazing how fast the roots in the hempy container grew as well as the plant itself. It make me think I am going to have to rethink my soil mix and maybe add a lot more perlite than I currently do.

lbmh_hempy_6_03_2011_01.jpg

Decided to take down the LBMH test plant, it was getting pretty ripe and I did not want to wast a perfectly good plant because of my surplus of buds so here are a few pics of those. They have been dried and are in a jar for curing. I will post a picture of the little plant from last week to give you an idea of where the buds came from, if that makes any sense.

Dried weight - 17.84 grams, a little over a half ounce.

lbmh_outdoor_5_27_2011_01-1.jpg

lbmh_outdoor_6_03_2011_03.jpg

lbmh_outdoor_6_03_2011_05.jpg

lbmh_outdoor_6_03_2011_04.jpg

lbmh_outdoor_6_03_2011_06.jpg

That's all for now, thanks in advance for all your comments and suggestions.

Hi Sonzor :)

Sorry for your crispy tops. At least it wasn't too bad.

Loved the pictures of the fuzzy topped girls, beautiful.

The rest are nice, too.

Inside, outside and hempy too! Bet you don't have any spare time. :high-five:

Always a pleasure to come by and seeing what your up to now.

Take care my friend. :peace:

Hello Mmmmick, you are so correct, every grow is a learning experience and will give me a little more knowledge for the next. As for the outdoor lady, I did take her down, thanks for the advice and I will give an update. I am crossing my fingers that the outside girls start to flower, I really can not have 6 foot plus plants growing, they are just a little too unmanageable for me. I can not even imagine have a pound or more per plant to deal with.

Actually the outside plants buds are much smaller but very dense, I think you are correct about the frost though. The indoor seems to have produce some frostier buds.

As always thanks for the advise and stopping in. It is greatly appreciated.

If the outdoor girls get too tall you could always tie the branches down, although that will give them a bigger footprint and make them easier to spot from the air. I guess it depends whether you are concerned about neighbors or fly-by's. I wouldn't know what to do with a pound per plant. It would be a great yield but I don't want that much bud sitting in my freezer.

My estimates of density are about as accurate as my rields estimates, lol. As long as they're as frosty as yours I wouldn't concern myself over bud density too much.

Always a pleasure sonzor.:cheer:

Nice update, the scrog girls are filling in nicely. Too bad about the minor burns but you'll get used to that light quickly enough.
Between indoor, outdoor, scrog, hempy you've got lots to keep you busy.
I hope the outdoor LBMH's behave for you.

Nice extra 1/2 oz, I'll be interested in how it smokes.

:nicethread::cheer:

Hi Sonzor :)

Sorry for your crispy tops. At least it wasn't too bad.

Loved the pictures of the fuzzy topped girls, beautiful.

The rest are nice, too.

Inside, outside and hempy too! Bet you don't have any spare time. :high-five:

Always a pleasure to come by and seeing what your up to now.

Take care my friend. :peace:

Hello OMM, it's not too bad as for as time goes on the plants. The hempy is a afterthought so it does not take too much time. As for the other girls, they only get may attention about twice a day. That is pretty much a I can spare. Thanks for stopping in and your comments are always appreciated.

If the outdoor girls get too tall you could always tie the branches down, although that will give them a bigger footprint and make them easier to spot from the air. I guess it depends whether you are concerned about neighbors or fly-by's. I wouldn't know what to do with a pound per plant. It would be a great yield but I don't want that much bud sitting in my freezer.

My estimates of density are about as accurate as my rields estimates, lol. As long as they're as frosty as yours I wouldn't concern myself over bud density too much.

Always a pleasure sonzor.:cheer:

Hello Mmmmick, I topped and bent these ladies like crazy and thank god they decided to flower. I do not think they will get to much taller, but time will tell.

Nice update, the scrog girls are filling in nicely. Too bad about the minor burns but you'll get used to that light quickly enough.
Between indoor, outdoor, scrog, hempy you've got lots to keep you busy.
I hope the outdoor LBMH's behave for you.

Nice extra 1/2 oz, I'll be interested in how it smokes.

:nicethread::cheer:

The scrog is doing pretty well minus the burns, I did have to raise the lights again because I did notice a couple new spots so I hope the smaller buds are still getting enough light. The plants are really frosting up pretty nice, I will post a update a little late when I get some extra time. Thanks so much for hanging around, it is much appreciated.

Congratz on your harvest Sonzor! Your scrog looks great my friend and so do your outdoor plants..:bravo:

:Namaste:

Great Job on the SCrog Sonzor!!! there looking really frosty and full!!!! Cant wait to watch them swell up and show off there colors!!!! Nice work!!!

I am here, had to first browse through your journal from the beginning. You seem to have the indoor thing going quite well brother. The scrog netting is done very well, and your harvest are proof of your experience. The lights are hardest to get used to. We finally went to the 6 bulb, T5 units and it works excellant. You are doing an excellant job so far, and will only get better as you continue. I made a carbon filter using a plastic coffee container which I drilled holes into and put a screen inside and filled between the coffee container and the screen with loose carbon purchased from the pet store. I then attached the container to a 6 inch diameter vent tube with a 6 inch diatemeter inline fan. The fans are about $24.00 at menards or lowes. It works great and cost much less than buying it from a hydro store. That is why I made my EZ Cloner as well. Only cost me a little over $34.00 dollars. It would have cost more, but I was given a pump (little giant) which saved me some money. It is a pond type pump and works quite well. I had to purchase the spray nozzles from a hydro store, and probably could have purchased cheaper if I shopped online, but was in a hurry to get it working. Anyway, just some suggestions if they help. Message me if you wish more details on the construction. Keep up the excellant work brother.

Congratz on your harvest Sonzor! Your scrog looks great my friend and so do your outdoor plants..:bravo:

:Namaste:

Thanks light 1 up I appreciate the kinds words and you hanging around.

Great Job on the SCrog Sonzor!!! there looking really frosty and full!!!! Cant wait to watch them swell up and show off there colors!!!! Nice work!!!

Thanks Icemud, me too, thanks for the kind words and stopping in.

I am here, had to first browse through your journal from the beginning. You seem to have the indoor thing going quite well brother. The scrog netting is done very well, and your harvest are proof of your experience. The lights are hardest to get used to. We finally went to the 6 bulb, T5 units and it works excellant. You are doing an excellant job so far, and will only get better as you continue. I made a carbon filter using a plastic coffee container which I drilled holes into and put a screen inside and filled between the coffee container and the screen with loose carbon purchased from the pet store. I then attached the container to a 6 inch diameter vent tube with a 6 inch diatemeter inline fan. The fans are about $24.00 at menards or lowes. It works great and cost much less than buying it from a hydro store. That is why I made my EZ Cloner as well. Only cost me a little over $34.00 dollars. It would have cost more, but I was given a pump (little giant) which saved me some money. It is a pond type pump and works quite well. I had to purchase the spray nozzles from a hydro store, and probably could have purchased cheaper if I shopped online, but was in a hurry to get it working. Anyway, just some suggestions if they help. Message me if you wish more details on the construction. Keep up the excellant work brother.

Nice to see you around again GMT1975A. Thanks for the kinds word. I have a home made ez cloner also that is pretty large so I made a smaller one that holds six clones that I use more often. When growing plants my home made carbon filter works pretty good, it's when I throw some buds in the room to dry is when It gets a little much for mine. I will have to try your idea and see how that works out. Thanks for all the great advise and stopping in.

Back
Top Bottom