FlowerNose's Electric Fruit Auto Grow Journal 2017

Day 27

Friday night and yesterday morning I checked every couple hours and tucked fan leaves or ponytailed to give the recently exposed nodes more light. I also added a few more pipe cleaners to hold out new branches.

Yesterday we missed the daily feeding.

She didn't seem to mind.

420-magazine-mobile1679906658.jpg

We increased the quantity of water per feeding last week. I think that helped the RH because it's been in the 40s instead of 30s.

420-magazine-mobile811497120.jpg

The tip of one fan leaf shows a little something.

420-magazine-mobile1005767226.jpg

I'm not going to change anything for now though.

Finally, I put two of her greediest fan leaves in ponytails for the night. I'll take the white pipe cleaners off when my human baby wakes up to eat in a couple hours.

420-magazine-mobile1695420048.jpg

Good night!

Smell the flowers

Islandgrow reminded me about ponytailing. I don't know why I didn't remember I wanted to do this a day or two ago. So this afternoon I put her in a ponytail for an hour. Starting slow.

420-magazine-mobile1054314235.jpg

420-magazine-mobile80484086.jpg

420-magazine-mobile769824359.jpg

Smell the flowers

What does ponytailing do? I haven't come across that form of training until now.

Van Stank, good morning!

Ponytailing gently lifts big, light-blocking leaves out of the way so that new growth gets valuable light to grow bigger. It's really low stress since it doesn't require the removal of those leaves. On later posts I combine the technique with leaf tucking which is the same concept, just a slightly different method.

Smell the flowers

Van Stank, good morning!

Ponytailing gently lifts big, light-blocking leaves out of the way so that new growth gets valuable light to grow bigger. It's really low stress since it doesn't require the removal of those leaves. On later posts I combine the technique with leaf tucking which is the same concept, just a slightly different method.

Smell the flowers

Ok, thanks....interesting. I might have to try that with my girls. I plan on going LST, Fimming, and SCRoG. I hadn't heard of ponytailing. Might have to give that a go in a week or so when they get a little bigger. The more i learn, the less I know.

Hope you don't mind if I sub. Nice looking stealth cabinet! I'm currently in my first grow and I've got 1 GYO electric fruit going as well. Also, 2 green crack and 2 American Pie from GYO. Just started lst and topped. Can't wait to see how your girl does.

First Grow Ever!

I'll do a proper update later. But is this cause for alarm? I thought I might have damaged her during LST but now I'm paranoid she might have pests.

420-magazine-mobile1048406972.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1041394148.jpg

Not freaking out. Not freaking out.

That's the worst damage, but there are a couple other spots on random leaves that also look ...gnawed. I'm going to assume she's fine and keep a close eye on her for any worsening.

Here are some younger fan leaves that have some holes too.

420-magazine-mobile825342897.jpg

I don't know. Ideas?

Smell the flowers

420-magazine-mobile116714798.jpg

This morning I was putting her highest branch into a ponytail like I do most mornings and one of the small leaves got lightly pinched/crinkled in the loop of the pipe cleaner. It made a small hole on the leaf identical to the damage I noticed yesterday. I'm pretty careful, so I'll need to evaluate my methods so as not to cause more injury.

Let's grab the macro lens clip for my camera and zoom in:

420-magazine-mobile652057737.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1791238762.jpg

420-magazine-mobile925343932.jpg

It's all my fault.

But there are no bugs!!

Smell the flowers

Day 30

I forgot to take a before picture this morning when I went to check on Miss Fruity.

So here's an after:
420-magazine-mobile158089188.jpg

I've been thinking about getting some of those metal garden staples/tie downs that you shove into the dirt on either side of the branch. Then I remembered my pipe cleaners so I made some. New color for each new LST method. :)

420-magazine-mobile1805677144.jpg

I put in 4 of them.

420-magazine-mobile1300276439.jpg

I can hardly wait for all their little faces to turn up!

In other news:

Most of the parts are in for the super duper LED lights my husband is building and construction will begin soon.

Also, it's the day! The day we germinate another seed! White Widow auto is what we've landed on. I think I'm going to start a separate journal though, since I can't change the title of this one.

Smell the flowers

Auto White Widow! Very exciting. Ww is a household favorite and hard to find.

Smell the flowers

Nice, I have one of them from Seedsman that I haven't grown yet. Problem with a small grow op is not being to grow everything you want when you want LOL. I can't wait to get the land I want out away from everyone where I can have a few different grows going at once.

Van Stank, I know what you mean. I want to pop every bean I've got! But there's no way I could house or light up that many ladies at a time. I live in the country, but I still have neighbors. One day I'm thinking it would be nice to grow one on my patio. Have you heard of the strains coming out without the serrated leaves? They're bred to look like a different plant entirely in veg because the leaves are smooth edged. Can't remember where I read about it.

Smell the flowers

Van Stank, I know what you mean. I want to pop every bean I've got! But there's no way I could house or light up that many ladies at a time. I live in the country, but I still have neighbors. One day I'm thinking it would be nice to grow one on my patio. Have you heard of the strains coming out without the serrated leaves? They're bred to look like a different plant entirely in veg because the leaves are smooth edged. Can't remember where I read about it.

Smell the flowers

No I haven't heard of that. Luckily I live in Massachusetts currently so I am legal now. But for outdoor growing they still have pretty strict guidlines (can't be visible from the road or by neighbors naked eye). So I just grow indoors for now. I plan on moving to New Hampshire and buying 20-25 acres out away from things and not having to worry about it. Short growing season up here though....and with my preference leaning towards mostly Sativas indoors is the way to go for me.

Back
Top Bottom