Four Fine Fall Phillies

Transplanting is a bit of magic I can learn and get better at. I use a super soil normally and found a video the soil folks made intriguing. Soil moisture after transplanting isn't at all what I've been taught in other gardening like vegetable and flower where a real soak is in order. Or is it? It takes a leap of faith to really go light on water at transplant but I do my best. In the video he plants into soil then gives about what looks like 1/4 to 1/2 cup of 6.5 water over the top and states to watch for signs of drooping then not a real heavy watering again(a day or two). He doesn't say how much. Rats.Then get the amount up after about two weeks in the new soil. The u-tube title is: Transplanting using M3 and I recommend checking it out. I ass ume this method isn't only for their soil. Let me know what you think.

Figured I would hop around and see what others are doing.
Here is my one take on transplanting. If you don't get crazy and really hurt the roots. It doesn't matter. Watered or unwatered. In some cases roughing up the roots is required.
I have did them dry with brown roots with as much success as with watered plants with fresh white roots.
Only recently I went to watering first all the time. I still don't know if it is better or not.
Moister differences in the pot and the new soil have a lot to do with it. Dry spots in the soil after repotting can make be a major problem. You would be amazed how long a dry pocket can stay in a pot of a watered plant.

Figured I would hop around and see what others are doing.
Here is my one take on transplanting. If you don't get crazy and really hurt the roots. It doesn't matter. Watered or unwatered. In some cases roughing up the roots is required.
I have did them dry with brown roots with as much success as with watered plants with fresh white roots.
Only recently I went to watering first all the time. I still don't know if it is better or not.
Moister differences in the pot and the new soil have a lot to do with it. Dry spots in the soil after repotting can make be a major problem. You would be amazed how long a dry pocket can stay in a pot of a watered plant.
Hi jackalope, Agree on all your counts. In the video he explains the moisture content in the bag of freshly opened or "kept closed" bag of soil. The moisture content already in the bag is key. I've used this way a few times with their soil and find it the way to go. It's shocking to see how dry the process looks as he re pots. Good to see you Edit: Watering for dry spots is coming later.

For kicks I weighed an empty 1 gal pot filled with the soil I'm using @ 1000 grams yesterday like I did with the solo cups. Today all the newly transplanted ladies were under that number. Even though they looked fine I couldn't let them go another day. This soil is not even close to what I know so they got 6.5 water until I got runoff several times. Slow watering for 100% penetration, then again. I think less than a cup in the 1 gal pots got soaked in.
I forgot to tell you about the find I had the other day PHing a quart of water. Small amounts of water are impossible to PH with the PH up and down I use. It's too powerful and swings the PH too far. I had some lemon juice leftover from some bud washing and learned its PH is around 3. It made it easy to get it done. Of course I heard to use lemon juice here, I didn't know it's ease in small batch mixes.

One of my go to for aches is blue dream cbd . That's 10/10 thc/cbd. This one is double that so it should be perfect for making edibles, smoking and I want to experiment with oil caps with it. She's almost twice the size of her sisters.

*Woooow amazing we were just talking about this strain today. Thanks for letting me know.

*Your girls look a bit chilly but I can see the love. So cute when they're small, hard to believe they out grow such a tiny size.

* I wonder if inventing pot cosy's that retain heat would be good for our girls in the winter, just seems like that would help.

* Great job you are doing Mr. Otter.

*Woooow amazing we were just talking about this strain today. Thanks for letting me know.

*Your girls look a bit chilly but I can see the love. So cute when they're small, hard to believe they out grow such a tiny size.

* I wonder if inventing pot cosy's that retain heat would be good for our girls in the winter, just seems like that would help.

* Great job you are doing Mr. Otter.
Thanks LadyG2

Perfect idea but like the guy said to me when I complimented him on his boat as we were putting them in"all it takes is money" Mine was tiny and old. Haha It warmed up some so I'm expecting a little more progress.

Back
Top Bottom