Frankenstein - Soil - 2 x 4X4 Scrogs by Freezy - Heavy 16

plants look mint after the weekend. Fed the two frankenstein's @ 1.5 times full strength (just with the base) and they loved it. Im going to continue to do that and possibly go as much as times 2 full. General Organic says for heavy feeding plants to double the base and I agree that they liked it a lot. The white widow in the tent looks mint too. fed them with 1/2 strength last friday (thats when I fed the franks too) Check out the pics. The frankensteins are 1 week into flower.
Im loving using teas and my plants love it more I just picked up the book teaming with microbes. It has a ton of info in it. Im going to just try and stick to organic for now... I have high hopes...pun intended

20160118_203820.jpg
20160118_204521.jpg

yeah, looking more like a sea of green at this point, and a beautiful one indeed! :goodjob:

As a recent convert to organic growing, I personally think that you are on the right track. Now that I learned how to make teas, my plants are thriving like I have never seen before. Even those a month along in veg are clearly more healthy, have thicker leaves, deeper green and stronger than any plants I have ever run through here. I have high hopes for this next round, the first in my tents to have never seen a synthetic nutrient. I will be following along with your grow to see if you have a similar experience... and that picture tells me that you are seeing the same thing I am... the plants love it!

again, Ive been busy so its been a minute. The girls are looking mint. I went down to the garden today to do one last LST on the girls in the tent (might do one more, we'll see). 35 minutes and a bowl pack later I only finished tying down one. Holy crap did these things grow since my last entry there are so many tops its ridiculous. Ill load a few pictures. The Frankenstein in the flower room are looking better than ever. They drink a ton of water, and I have been feeding them double strength GO line. They look better every time I feed them. I fixed a small light leak in the flower room, hopefully it didn't stress em out much... It really was pretty small. The ones in flower are two weeks and 5 days in. Im hopping they start to plump up soon.
20160129_204028.jpg
20160129_212937.jpg
20160129_213507.jpg

Thanks! Okay I have a question to shoot your way village idiot. I've been doing the teas once a week or so and the girls love em. I still do the same recipe I posted earlier and its been working so I haven't changed it at all. Its been about 2 weeks, maybe more since the flowering plants have had any and they need some, well one of em does. I think I need to back off the feeding a little bit. My question is do you know of a good recipe, or amendment, to add to the current recipe I use that may help in flower more? Figured Id ask. Ill post some pics later tonight of the girls. I tied the rest of them down yesterday and they all sprung back today and they look better awesome. They have 6 more days in veg and then into the flower room. The frankenstein's are budding slower than I expected... we'll see how they do after the tea they get tonight. Looks like only 2 of the clones are going to make it. That's okay with me I didn't want to use as much space as I have been anyway. I figure 2 plants harvesting every 4 weeks will be more than enough... And it wont be a total pain in the ass to keep up with trimming. My next experiment is making a large drying box. I'm going to make it out of a huge cardboard box with a bunch of rows of sting in it. Ill put a small 4" inline fan and leave it in the flower room where the carbon filter is so it doesn't stink. That will be interesting.

Ill post pics in a bit.... Peace

okay, I have sad news. The two Frankenstein plants in the flower room have hermied. This sunday would have been four weeks into flower. I chopped them down and put them in a trash bag.... not sure if theres anything I can actually do with them that would be worth the effort. This is the second time i tried to grow that strain and they did the same thing last time I just didnt catch it as soon. I dont know where my guy that I got these from gets this strain but I will never waste me time with it again.. oh well there is some good that came out of this. I am putting the white widow into flower this Sunday, so i'm glad that i found the naners on the frankenstein now and not in a few days when they could have pollinated the white widow. Any advice for making sure i clean the room properly to avoid pollen getting on the plants going in there on Sunday. out of spite i chopped off a few nugs and threw them in the oven, and then into a joint, and it honestly got me really baked. oh well now i just have the white widow to look forward to.

yooo its been a while, I've been so dam busy. Here are the white widow's. They are one week into flower as of tomorrow. they have been cold lately but its finally warming up, and I think its fair to say they are doing just fine. take a look at these pics I have totally amazed myself these things look awesome, the first pic is two days ago, and the next two are from today
20160213_184434.jpg

20160215_204910.jpg
20160215_204856.jpg

Thanks Emilya! Your input and of course village idiots too was key in these plants looking as good as they do. I think I finally have the general organics line dialed in. Im very glad I put down the chemical nutes. Ive been brewing teas once a week now. Best part is I haven't had to worry about the ph at all! The tea is always between 6.3 and 7 and as long as the microbial life is strong it balances the ph for me. I backed off on the lime a little bit for the next soil batch I mixed up and added some azomite because as you mentioned earlier on in the grow the ph did seem just a bit high in the soil. Just fine tuning at this point.

Shoot I missed your question earlier. Your grow is so awesome I I keep monitoring but I feel like you don't need my help. I was looking back and realized you asked a a questions a bit ago...

so let me answer even if you don't need it anymore...

I've been doing the teas once a week or so and the girls love em. I still do the same recipe I posted earlier and its been working so I haven't changed it at all. Its been about 2 weeks, maybe more since the flowering plants have had any and they need some, well one of em does. I think I need to back off the feeding a little bit. My question is do you know of a good recipe, or amendment, to add to the current recipe I use that may help in flower more?

I do... but I will have to first look at your recipe. I make one myself that has everything a plant needs. I am going to ty and use it exclusively on this next run while running a modified Subcooll compost. So let me go find your recipe first...

so this is what I found is your current recipe...
2 gallons RO water
2 cups ancient forest
1 cup worm castings
2 tbsp of Stump Tea (pre packaged powder)
1 tbsp seabird guano
5 ml of honey
5 ml CaMg
after 12 hours I added 2ml more honey

so lets break that down...

The ancient forest product gets you Humic acid and some microbes along with many micro nutrients.
The worm castings gets you microbes and lots of Nitrogen and some other fertilizers but primarily Nitrogen.
Stump Tea I am not sure of I would have to look it usp but I bet they add all the other stuff and makes it complete. I have found stuff like that while investigating products other people ask me about. Yup I just checked and it claims to have the things you omitted. So your brew is probably right on.
Seabird Guano is mostly Nitrogen and Phos.
Honey works but is not the best thing to use.

Cal Mag is something you should not really brew up and just add as needed on its own. It wont really hurt but it wont help to brew it up. There are 2 reasons to brew up the tea. One is to build up a huge colony of microbes. the other is to breakdown products from hard to uptake complex stuff to pure fertilizers the plants will just suck right up without needing to wait for them to breakdown in the soil. inf fact a good tea will suck all of the nitrogen and other fertilizers out of the guano and castings leaving the residual useless.

Now for Phos in bloom I do add some Bat Guano. That is basically just Phos.

For Potassium your are looking light. I usually get my extra from the silica product I use. Just about all silica products are a combo of Potash and silica as the raw potash helps to bring the pH down. Silica is a strong alkaline product. so I use the Silica product as my "UP" when making adjustments so my solutions almost always have some in it so my Potassium is getting in there a little each time that way.

Now there is one thing you are missing that really helps a lot and that is Alfalfa. That is well known since forever as a great fertilizer for just about all plants. it breaks down to lots of micro nutse and is jut great stuff. That plus Atlantic Kelp are the 2 main ingredients in Advanced Nutrients Nirvana. You can get some good cheap Kelp at Home depot ...this stuff.

Alaska Pennington 32 oz. Pure Kelp Plant Food-100509476 - The Home Depot

And I use this stuff I get at any number of grow stores for alfalfa.

Amazon: Down To Earth 5-Pound Alfalfa Meal 2.5-0.5-2.5

1666925469577.png

So by adding in the Kelp, alfalfa and bat guano you really round out the tea.

Then all you need to do is add the crab meal and watch the flowers grow uncontrollably.

Amazon: Down To Earth Crab Meal Fertilizer, 5 lb.

1666925490213.png

The fulvic Acid I add is not needed it just aids in uptake. But it is expensive and not necessary.

Sorry for the later response.

Looking good man! I tend to get too busy and just scan through these great journals and don't hang too much because I have too many messed up journals that need my help. You got it going on...you don't need my help!!!

:thumb:

Thanks for the reply village, thanks for stopping by!

So a few things.. the CaMg I add I don't actually brew with the tea I just add it right before I feed the tea to my plants... The GO CaMg is on the weak side so they get full strength every watering. I picked up some hi brix molasses and have been using that instead of the honey. I actually picked up some bat guano too and already made a tea with it so I guess I'm on the right track. You should see how fast these things are growing, I think they shot up 3 inches in the last 24 hrs. Just so were on the same page here, I am feeding these girls every watering with the full GO line, besides the once a week(ish) tea they get along with some goldzyme here and there. It took me long enough to realize that the GO line is actually kinda weak and their schedule is for light feeding plants, they say to double rates for heavy feeding plants. Instead of doubling anything I just give them the "full" strength for light feeding plants every watering. I still think I could push it a bit more but I'm not trying to mess things up for them less than 2 weeks into flower. I obviously am not just using teas as a primary source of food, so with this said would you still recommend all those amendments?

So while I have you, I'm going to pick your brain a bit. About the silica.. So the one thing that I'm worried about with the silica is Ph. My Ph has been fine but I suspect it is just a tad on the high side (from all that lime you told me not to use :laughtwo:) and I fear that the silica will make it too high. Can I brew my tea's with the silica? Does silica kill beneficial bacteria or make it better? If I brew a tea with silica in it will all the bennies correct the Ph?

On another note, I have some samples I got about a year ago from supreme growers. I have their "simply silica" This seems to be an "all natural" company but not organic... I also have some ArmorSI from GH, Europonic Silicate, and some mad farmer silica that has no dyes in it. which one of these, if any, should I use? I am skeptic to use any products that are not organic now because I'm not sure what will and wont hurt beneficial bacteria.

As far as the alfalfa goes, I will pick some up. How much of that should I add to my 2 gallon brew? For the Kelp, Again I have some kelp supplements that I have not used because I am skeptical of how they will react with the micro bacteria. I have a bottle of "suprekelp" from the same company I have one of the bottles of silica from (supreme growers). Will that work?

Last but not least, the crab meal. I will pick some of this up too. Again- how much should I use in my brew along with all my other ingredients? is this more of an ingredient for a plant in veg?

Okay- sorry I know that is a ton of questions, so why not one more :cheesygrinsmiley:. If I use all the ingredients you suggest, should I back off on the GO line feeding? or should I keep it right where it is considering it may be a tad on the light side?

Ill go grab some pictures and upload them in a bit.

Can I brew my tea's with the silica? Does silica kill beneficial bacteria or make it better? If I brew a tea with silica in it will all the bennies correct the Ph?

Not a good idea. That stuff is alkaline and will run the pH up and slow the growth if not kill off the bacteria. I use it as mu UP as it is so high. But what I would do for you is mix it in with a regular water or the nute feed and adjust it back down.

which one of these, if any, should I use?
I use Mad Farmers...I don't know about the rest. I like MF and that is about all I can say on silica.

The kelp is the bomb. that is one of natures absolute best products. just think about it. it sits in the best hydro solution in the world and soaks up all sorts of beautifulness from the ocean while basking in the sun. It is just great stuff.

This is my original recipe amounts.

Recipe: (the units here are a totally made up thing, feel free to experiment but this is what I used)
1.5 -2 gallons RO or de-chlorinated water at room temp
1/4 cups alfalfa
1/4 cup crab meal - next time I may try 1 cup and see what happens
1/4 cups Earthworm Castings
1/4 cups Humus soil
1/4 cup Oatmeal
Alaska kelp fertilizer - followed bottle instructions for 1.5 gallons
Aphrodites Extraction - 1 teaspoon (again molasses is fine)
Hygrozyme - 15ml (10ml per gallon)
Fulvic Acid - 23ml (15ml per gallon)

And you can add the Bat guano as I stated for extra phos...I do a 1/4 cup of that as well.

I have learned to not really be too precise with the amounts. Just kinda a bit of this and that.... I try to hit those numbers but I don't stress about the precision.

As for the crab meal. It helps in all stages. Advanced nutes charges so much for it that they recommend it only for bloom or no one could afford it. When you make it yourself it is dirt cheap and you can use it all day long. Chitosan is beneficial to plants and people in many ways. I could go on and on. It basically fools the plant into thinking it has an insect infestation. So the plant runs up the immune system. in some cases it actually becomes totally immune to some problems and very resistant to just about anything else. The plant starts producing resin like mad and even the stalks will get sticky. That is to make the plant inhospitable. The flowers will explode in bloom because it is trying to excessively breed to try and get offspring to persist beyond the infestation. There is a lot more goodness...google chitosan for plants and there are a ton of scientific research papers you can read explaining all of that stuff.

I like the idea of switching off every other week nutes then tea. that works well for many people. My next grow I am using a compost blend and I will try to get away just using the tea or water + Silica.

Best of luck my freind!

:thumb:

My next experiment is making a large drying box. I'm going to make it out of a huge cardboard box with a bunch of rows of sting in it. Ill put a small 4" inline fan and leave it in the flower room where the carbon filter is so it doesn't stink. That will be interesting.

Ill post pics in a bit.... Peace
consider putting your drying box outside of the flower room with ducting going back into the negative pressure in that room. The pressure will gently pull the smell and the humidity right out of your box, passively.

Back
Top Bottom