Frankenstein - Soil - 2 x 4X4 Scrogs by Freezy - Heavy 16

Thats a good idea emilya but the way my room is set up its just not possible. without me boring you trying to explain why I can just say that the layout does not allow for that to be feasible. I just got some pics, I'm going to give them water and silica in a minute or two. The flowers are starting to come in and they are stretching nicely.
20160219_201055.jpg
20160219_201122.jpg
20160219_201203.jpg

Looks great!

So I don't run perpetual. I typically can get enough from 2 grows for my year. So I use the grow space to dry for a week or 2 depending and then transfer to the jars for cure. I only use the inlet vent trick when I need to transition fast or if I have different strains and harvest one while the other is still going.

If you are not running back to back using the grow space for drying is nice because you should have a good fan in there to vent and you can hang towels to get the right humidity and get a controlled slow dry.

I am lucky as I am not in a hurry and if I ever do run out I drive 5 min to the pot store. :)

Haha that would be nice... I've dried in that room before it's easy to keep the rh right around 50%. I just ordered some alfalfa meal, kelp meal, and also some crab meal. Should be here by Thursday or so. The girls responded well to the silica they got 2 days ago, I used the mad farmer. I only went half strength and they seemed to take very kindly to it. I'm going to try to get them a half strength w. Water once a week or so. Once I get a good tea with all the ingredients I just bought I think they will be getting a sufficient ammount of potash. I'll update you guys (and girls) with some pics later on today. I have a buddy who I got these clones from and his white widows are 4 weeks in and already seem to be packing on the weight. I'm excited to see what these girls can do.

Alright heres some pics from today. The clones are starting to show roots, so they should be ready to put in the dirt in a day or 2. The two I have in veg right now are transplanted as of a few days ago into their final containers, they are in line for some tea along with the mother plant. The girls in the flower room are doing good so far, the training went real well to get them square. It almost looks like they're in a scrog. I pulled one of them away to show the shape. I kept tying them down until I switched to 12/12 and they have all grown upwards since. There are just a few leaves (like 2 or 3) that are a showing a small deficiency and I suspect its potash, in fact I'm positive. You called it that I was a bit light on the potash Village. It has not progressed after the silica I gave them last watering so I'm not worried about it and the crab, kelp, and alfalfa are on their way.
20160222_192521.jpg
20160222_192616.jpg
20160222_192625.jpg
20160222_192936.jpg
20160222_192725.jpg
20160222_192816.jpg
20160222_192755.jpg

Solid bro!

That will be some stinky Dank if you can keep the air flowing. That is not too close but you are on the verge IMO. You are totally fine and probably this will be stellar. The one thing I am bringing up is too many people get greedy and pack in the flowers too dense and get bud rot. I truly think you are fine but I absolutely wold not try to pack them any tighter. You need vertical airflow through the canopy to keep things candy sweet.

As comparison I posted a pre pic (like you have above) and a current pic in this thread. I think you are a bit tighter and you can see I am a little loose but really I am about right ...not too lose. You may actually be perfect but you are close I think. I get a bit worried as the last guy I warned was too tight didn't thin and he ended up with bud rot. But you will be fine!!!

What effects will increasing light have?

I could have gone longer for that plant but I had 4 in the scrog and they were crowding each other. Next time I use the scrog I may have 4 females :)

I am doing a mother hunt now so who knows what I come up with.

:goodjob:

thanks guys.

I won't lie, I didn't even think about that village. I have ample airflow in that room but I will keep an eye open. I may go check them out tomorrow and see if theres some growth that I should thin out. Good looking out! I gotta say that plant of yours looked really great, and that purple nug looks dank! I would love to get a yield like that per plant. I have only managed to pull a little over 4 oz off a plant in the past. This time around Ive gotten them to this point much healthier and with a few extra weeks of veg so I think I can expect a bit more than that (hopefully). the last two grow I've had with that shitty frankenstein have harmed so its been about 6 months since the last time I harvested anything.

Not to worry yet and don't thin just yet. The issue is when you have kolas next to each other and no airflow between them. They can build up stagnant air in between and then you get bud rot. You don't want them leaning on each other or against a wall. You wont have that issue with walls but I will go look in a sec for this post that really worries me and link it here. This guy was kind of trolling us but he doesn't realize he let the Scrog get too tall and too thick and I bet his canopy has no vertical flow in places. If you have an 8 inch or taller kola next to another one or 3 and there is no vertical airflow you can get bud rot.

You wont have to worry until you are in the third stage of flowering where they are filling in and getting fat. Before that when they are stacking you have plenty of air space.

Here check this guy out...he is trolling us acting all smart with his title and such but he may have set it up to completely go down the tubes.

Vote on Wife's first grow! - Make a Mother or flip? - Now who will teach who? - LOL

getting fatty yields is something you can achieve too...it just takes patience. That girl is still growing. I just recently started seeing amber trics. she is not ready and getting way more purple all over not just in the shade. She is coming into her own.

I grow for myself and my wife and sell nothing. I can take my time and grow slow and just do 2 or 3 grows a year and have way more than I need and concentrate it all down to oils. So I take my time and treat em with some love.

That girl was grown almost exclusively on that tea and a few left over bottles I had laying around but not much chems...mostly even the bottle stuff was organic stuff. My next grow I am going to try and raise simply on the compost in the pot and my tea and see what happens. It is honestly hard to beat nature. People spend a ton on chems. I put worm poop and some other stuff in a bucket and get great results.

on that post I linked you to look at the second page. He kept growing it until it is way too dense and is going to flower that and have problems.

Yoo. I will hop on here later with some pics. Started brewing a tea last night my ingrediants ca me in a day early. I did thin out just one plant a little bit just kind of experimenting with what will yeild better. The following is the recipe I used (for the plants in the veg tent) so I used seabird guano instead of bat guano.

1/4 cup - crab meal
1/4 cup - alfalfa meal
1/4 cup - kelp meal
1/2 cup - worm castings
2 cups - Ancient Forest (hummus)
1/2 tbsp - seabird guano
1/2 tbsp - Azomite Rock Dust
2 tbsp - Stump Tea
15ml - Hi Brix Molasses

I also went ahead and pulled the scrog back out, after making some adjustments to the height of it, and put the girls under it. I plan on doing the same tea just with bat guano for the flower room.

Try to stir it up every 2 hours if you can. At about 18 hours the bacteria breeding should take off if the pH is close to 7. check the pH after a few hours and see if that is on. Then after they breed every 8-12 hours give a little sugar. Too much and they will overflow the bucket with foam.

When all done you should really clean the air stones and tubes good. I tend to boil them because if bad bacteria grows in them the next time you make the tea it wont work.

24 hours min. I try to go 48 hours and not less than 36.

4 cups a plant unless you want to really dose them but not more than 8 cups a plant.

I always follow with some pH'd water to drive it in a bit. In there you can have your silica and Cal Mag if you like.

That tea you have there has just about everything your plant needs. you could do that probably every 2 weeks and water in between and do nothing else. I just did basically that with great results. I am going to do it again now and really try hard not to add anything but the tea and silica. The cal / mag should be in my compost already.

(Fingers crossed)

:goodjob:

Whats up. Just was down in the garden and decided I should do an update. The girls look good. They really liked the tea. Im still getting a few leaves yellowing underneath but its like one at a time and it looks like potash. Im not really changing anything to avoid over correcting something. Keeping my eye on its thats all. That being said I gave them silica at 3/4 strength and some CaMg today. They got the tea 3 days ago I think. Today is 20 days into flowering. So far so good! This is the best I've had plants looking at 3 weeks into flower so fingers crossed on keeping em that way. Heres some pics :)

20160229_180943.jpg
20160229_182218.jpg
20160229_180932.jpg
20160229_182141.jpg

I used that tea basically exclusively through bloom and it worked great. I didn't add Azomite or seabird guano. The Crab meal really will cause huge flowers. Do that like every other week and just water with some cal mag and silica in between especially if you get bat guano in there (that is big time Phos, the sea bird I think is a more balance with nitrogen I think which you don't need in bloom). There wont be anything left but organic goodness that will work well into the last 3 weeks without help. That gets you a real nice flush.

Good luck... looking good.

Do you have to flush when using organics? I was under the impression you didn't have too... I was planning on probably doing just water for the last week or so. Im going to look into this a bit. Thanks. You are correct about the seabird guano too it def has more nitrogen than anything but I did not use too much to where it would pose an issue. I was originally going to use it just for the plants in veg but decided to run it for 48 hours and figured it wouldn't hurt the ones in the flower room. Bat guano will no doubt be added next tea, and probably leave the seabird guano out. I also am going to cut the powdered stump tea in half if not less than that. My ppm before I added a bunch of extra water was at like 1500ppm which is obviously higher than I want it. After I added a gallon or two of RO water I got it down to about 1100 which is still high considering my last 2 or 3 teas have been 800-900ppm. The azomite made the tea's pH just a littler than normal.. like 7.2 but i got it down to 6.8 by adding CaMg right before I used the tea (i don't brew it with CaMg just add it before feeding it ti the plants.) So I will more than likely cut that in half as well. Just trying to fine tune at this point. :thumb:

The tea I make comes out about 700PPM and about 7.0 pH. Right on the money. :) I chase it down with some 6.3 and you are golden pony boy.

The alfalfa has lots of the trace minerals so I don't think azomite is needed.

So yes you don't NEED to flush but you also don't want to have to much in the plant at the very end. When I say flush I don't mean a real flush. I mean when running that tea I can go the last 3 week, maybe longer but I try to time it to 3 and add just water and sugar and by the 3 weeks there is nothing left. The plant comes out clean. I have read of people applying fish poo fertilizer too late and that caused nasty taste. so I think any fertilizer can be bad at the end. With a good set of organics you have just as much as is needed and you can let it burn itself down safely.

I just want to post this to be on the safe side. There is only a few leaves, these being most of them that look like this. Does this look like a potassium deficiency to you? the top picture is the leaves I pulled off the bottom of the plants. You can tell in the other pic that the front left plant is a little more yellow than the rest of the plants. Is this something to be concerned about? I was thinking of just watering them next with just some water with bat guano and CaMg (just because of the RO) Does that sound like a wise idea? This is right around where my last two grows (not talking about the frankenstein, so not in this journal) started doing the same thing it was just way more progressed by this time. My gut is telling me that I just need to go a little heavier on the potash. What does everyone think? You can see the buds have even swelled up since yesterday.
20160301_165925.jpg
20160301_171523.jpg
20160301_171538.jpg

Back
Top Bottom