Frankenstein - Soil - 2 x 4X4 Scrogs by Freezy - Heavy 16

Yup I think you are correct. I would say without a doubt potassium deff. You want to up the potassium and Phos in bloom.

I maintain potassium by adding a little silica all the time as I use it as my up and constantly over correct my down as I am a tool. The issue with silica is in soil it takes a while to degrade to a point that is can be taken up well so it is good to just add a little all the time really. You can't really over do the silica. The potassium is hard to overdo especially in bloom.

So yeah give them a double dose of silica but make sure to pH that correctly. First I would just top feed the bat guano lightly because you intend to use some in the next tea right?

okay so I fed the girls today with the full GO line at 1.5x strength I also added some terponator at 3/4 strength which is supposedly organic but its more or less just potash. its 0-0-4. The buds have continued to swell up they are getting there. the leaves as a whole have yellowed a bit more but nothing to be alarmed about. I'm thinking that todays feeding will stop that. I think they are just heavy feeders because I feed them almost every watering. Threw in some enzymes and a bit of hi-brix molasses too. Ill give them a day or two and update you guys with some pics.

On a side note. I have never had a plant stack as well as the mother that I have. Im really tempted to flower her. She's in a 5 gallon pot right now and I would love to transplant her out into something big like a 10 gallon and let her fill out a bit more before flowering her. I wish I was somewhere where I could safely put it outside come summer. Thinking about it...

Quick update. Girls are doing good.. Going to start brewing a tea for them tomorrow. The ones in my veg tent are doing okay. I think I'm going to transplant the mother to a 7gal container. Heres some Pics. Ill do another update in a few days when I can get some time I've been so dam busy. You can see the yellowing in the pics. It has slowed down if not stopped since the last feeding...going to keep monitoring it.
20160306_151953.jpg
20160306_152208.jpg
20160306_151908.jpg
20160306_163946.jpg

Ooo. Okay the mother plant has been looking like this for a few weeks now and she won't perk up. Can this happen from under watering? I might have neglected her a bit. Today i put her in the sink and ran around 3 gallons of RO through it for a small flush. I topped dressed her with some ancient forest and worm casings and then I put about a half gallon of off water with 1/4 strength food and some enzymes. Im going to pay closer attention to my watering schedule for her I think i just didn't water her enough. It looks like a nitrogen deficiency its just yellow no spotting or anything. its in a 5 gallon felt pot so I'm thinking it should be transplanted. I want to get it healthy, and possibly flower her because she is stacked SO nice and would make massive nugs.

20160307_193046.jpg

That might be under watering... but usually under watering doesn't slowly droop. It would really fall down hanging only a few days after it starts. If it has been drooping without change for a while that could be environment like too cold and dry.

Either way what you did wont hurt none so just post a pic 24 hours from then and lets see what happens.

Thanks for chiming in emilya. I was suspect of that too. I actually already mixed up some soil in a bigger, 7gal pot. I wanted to let it cook for as long as I could because I mixed a little bit of everything in the soil... kind of a super soil I suppose. I was already planning on transplanting her but was hoping I could put it off longer... Think it would be okay to transplant it if that soil hasn't "cooked" yet? Whatever is the better choice for the plants health I suppose.

Well another option is cloning the heck out of it and starting a new mother. That will give your soil some more time.

I think if you want to keep a mother going for a while it isn't as big a deal just you will want to feed it some tea until the compost does its job. One of the reasons to compost is it is a natural time release nute program. So it keeps on working while the plant is growing making more and more ferts. A good blend can keep on trucking for a long time.

One thing I have never done is cut back the veg on a root bound plant. I have often wondered if the veg was reduced then are there enough roots for what is left... is the plant going to come back. You might temporarily get away with sizing the above ground plant better for the root ball. But that is just me spit balling something that has probably been tried and there is good data on that somewhere.

I got about 20 gallons in my garage I aint using...swing on by!

Well another option is cloning the heck out of it and starting a new mother. That will give your soil some more time.

I think if you want to keep a mother going for a while it isn't as big a deal just you will want to feed it some tea until the compost does its job. One of the reasons to compost is it is a natural time release nute program. So it keeps on working while the plant is growing making more and more ferts. A good blend can keep on trucking for a long time.

One thing I have never done is cut back the veg on a root bound plant. I have often wondered if the veg was reduced then are there enough roots for what is left... is the plant going to come back. You might temporarily get away with sizing the above ground plant better for the root ball. But that is just me spit balling something that has probably been tried and there is good data on that somewhere.

in most cases a root bound plant will come back after lopping. i have had root bound mothers that live for years with a little TLC. primarily keeping the veg growth to a minimum will do the trick. half dose any nutes. slow release stuff like VI said. I just lopped about a foot of widow from a year plus mother and you'd think it was fresh new veg growth. not even a sign of the horror that lies beneath :laughtwo:

good vibes! :Namaste:

don't see that you have a lot of choice at this point but to trust your new soil and give those roots the room to grow that they are needing.

yup. give it time before you break out the weed wacker lol. Emlet is absolutely correct about roots and how they speak through the plant. i'm a firm believer.. however, we can trick them on occasion. :)

whats up guys,

So today I caved in and bought a light rail, and also a digital co2 controller and regulator. I'm pretty pumped about it.. I've wanted to do a co2 system for a while. The mother has bounced back and she looks like she's really happy that I transplanted her. Ill post a pic of her tomorrow... i did some pruning on her that Ive wanted to do for a while just wanted to wait till she was healthier. I have some before and afters but she's looking good.... can't wait for the co2. ill post pics tomorrow

yoo. I got a 20b co2 tank today and hooked up my regulator to it. Still waiting on the controller in the mail. Also waiting for my light rail to come in. I have the co2 on a timer for now to turn on once every 2 hours (during lights on) with minimum amount because I don't want to over do it without a co2 meter. When I get the light rail, and get it set up I'm going to throw the next batch of girls into the flower room. I will probably do that in about a week or so. The ones in there now are as of today in day 33 of flower. They got a heavy feed today. The schedule has worked out pretty much tea, silica+CaMg, heavy feed, repeat. They look good! the colors coming in look nice and the buds are starting to get nice and frosty. It seems like some of the plants are a little bit ahead of the others as far as the colors go. Some of them are still nice and green. Heres some pics. I apologize for the upside down pics, I don't know how to fix them.
20160313_180323.jpg
20160313_180138.jpg
20160313_175949.jpg

Hey guys its been a little over a week since my last post. The girls are looking good! I have had the co2 running for about a week now around 1200ppm and they seem to love it. Today is 41 days into flower. I have a bit of a dilemma. I found a nanner two days ago on one of the girls. The only thing I can think is causing this is there has to be a light leak. I have to go into the room and make sure it is completely light tight. Its close I know that if there is one its very small. So i don't know what I should do. It is only one plant, and tomorrow is 6 full weeks into flower. I have been monitoring it very closely and I have found just three small nanners, all on the same plant, and plucked all three. There are none on the other three girls. I know this is an 8 week strain and some would say to run them for 60 days which is like 8 and a half weeks. I want to keep it in there as long as i can because they are so close.They look awesome though. Heres some pics please any advice is appreciated. Is two weeks even enough time for a seed to grow? I looked closely and only found those three nanners. Oh I got a light rail put in too but it is currently not being used.
20160319_162853.jpg
20160321_181314.jpg
20160321_181608.jpg

A lot of stresses can cause hermies.

If I were gambling man I go with sunburn. But it is hard to tell the distance fro the light mover to the canopy.

Nanners can be found and plucked before they spread pollen. So if you correct the problem you may get them to stop before there is any real damage. You may be able to continue growing it just fine. When they are not nanners you can't stop them from pollinating.

I mean unless it is real bad and you can't pluck that many then just stop it now.

Hey village. My light is probably about 24+ inches away maybe closer to 30". There is ample airflow and I have a thermometer that reads the canopy temp. Before the co2 the hottest it would get was around 75 and now I let it get up to around 80 if I can still with ample airflow. I've heard people say to run it at like 85 with co2 but I don't really like that idea. Still think it could be sunburn? I mean it is a 1000w light so maybe I'll lift if a bit higher.

Back
Top Bottom