Fuzznutter's Organic Photos & Autos: Take 1

The experiment has begun. Only two of the Special Queen clones have rooted so they're my test subjects. The other clone may still root. If the experiment fails I received an extra Special Queen seed a few days ago so it's okay. Oh I forgot to write about that. There was a mix up with the seed order I placed on Halloween. As a result, I received all the seeds I ordered PLUS 5 Shaman, 5 CBD Yummy, 2 Amnesi-K, and another Special Queen #1 seed all for FREE! :slide:

Anyway, back to the experiment.
2016-11-20_Fempy.jpg

The stick is marked at 1" and 2" from the bottom to easily check water levels. I only put an inch of nute water in the pan last night because the 1-gallon pots are so short. As of this morning the upper layer of perlite/vermiculite had a very slight amount of moisture. The sides of the pots are damp halfway up the sides. I'm not sure how well this will translate to the larger 3-gallon pots. I wish I had space to pop a seed in one and try but I have to wait until an auto is done for space in the closet.

Speaking of autos. I believe one of my Dark Devils has thrown a nanner. I can't find it for the life of me, but I have 3 buds with very suspicious early browning of the pistils. I'm fairly certain it's not the Bubble Gum because she is, as of yet, unaffected. Tonight I'm going to pull all the plants out when I water them and try again to locate the male saboteur. Hopefully I only get a few free seeds without the other buds being affected too much. Stupid balls.

:rofl: Oh boy. I must have been more tired than I thought last night. I just looked at the picture above again and realized I labeled the plants wrong. They're Special Queen NOT Skunk Haze. The Skunk Haze clone is still rooting. LOL. I'll fix that later today as well. :bigblush:

Let's see, the last change I made was to put a 32.5" oscillating tower fan in the auto closet. I have a 40" one coming tomorrow for the photo closet. They've all outgrown the smaller fans I was using.

Looking great in here! Im very interested to see how your test turns out!! About the nanner. I had no idea early browning pistils could mean that. I had the hermi as you remember and I tried my best to find all of the male parts. Today though I thought to myself "hey.. theres a few pistils browning already. Weird." Ill have to pull everything apart when I make the changes tomorrow. Just to check. Its on my mind now. Good info Fuzz! Thanks :)

Looking great in here! Im very interested to see how your test turns out!! About the nanner. I had no idea early browning pistils could mean that. I had the hermi as you remember and I tried my best to find all of the male parts. Today though I thought to myself "hey.. theres a few pistils browning already. Weird." Ill have to pull everything apart when I make the changes tomorrow. Just to check. Its on my mind now. Good info Fuzz! Thanks :)

Just for you my dear, I took close-up pictures of the Dark Devil (1) buds.

Here is how most of the buds look.
2016-11-21_normal.jpg

This is how the 3 suspicious buds look. Is this how yours look?
2016-11-21_suspicious.jpg

Please ignore the cat hair. My white kitty had a nice rub against the plants last night when I took them out to look for the male culprit - which I could not find.

In other news though, notice the baby trichomes! :slide:

Now for my bad news. I have given up and thrown in the towel on organic. This coir mix just isn't reacting like a normal organic soil mix should. Frankly, I'm tired of the extra work with round the clock teas because, despite the amendments I've added, it never seems to be quite enough nutrients. The plants always look like they could use a bit more, and I'm constantly fighting pH, calcium and magnesium issues. When I went looking for answers, I came across this study that suggests there are multiple issues with coir vs peat. If I could start over, I'd use peat moss for organic. Ahh, regrets...

Obviously, I can't remove the coir for this grow, so the fight will continue until the end. However, I believe I can get a better handle on the situation with bottled nutes. In fact, after a discussion with mouser yesterday evening, I fed the autos bottled last night and they already look better this morning.

I feel really bad about giving up. I don't like quitting something. However, I had to weigh whether I wanted to continue with a method that was not providing optimal results or change methods in an attempt to optimize my harvest. Right now, I need the buds, so...bottled nutes it is. Also, as you all know, my tired tush is more than ready to simplify things, especially going into the busy, stressful holiday season.

Fuzznutter's Organic Photos & Autos - Take 1

2016-11-21_normal.jpg

Please ignore the cat hair. My white kitty had a nice rub against the plants last night when I took them out to look for the male culprit - which I could not find.

Now for my bad news. I have given up and thrown in the towel on organic. This coir mix just isn't reacting like a normal organic soil mix should. Frankly, I'm tired of the extra work with round the clock teas because, despite the amendments I've added, it never seems to be quite enough nutrients. The plants always look like they could use a bit more, and I'm constantly fighting pH, calcium and magnesium issues. When I went looking for answers, I came across this study that suggests there are multiple issues with coir vs peat. If I could start over, I'd use peat moss for organic. Ahh, regrets...

Obviously, I can't remove the coir for this grow, so the fight will continue until the end. However, I believe I can get a better handle on the situation with bottled nutes. In fact, after a discussion with mouser yesterday evening, I fed the autos bottled last night and they already look better this morning.

I feel really bad about giving up. I don't like quitting something. However, I had to weigh whether I wanted to continue with a method that was not providing optimal results or change methods in an attempt to optimize my harvest. Right now, I need the buds, so...bottled nutes it is. Also, as you all know, my tired tush is more than ready to simplify things, especially going into the busy, stressful holiday season.

I just took a closer look at things.... annnddd there is nanners (on the hermi) I did what I could to remove them but some remain. That's ok. Hopefully it's not all seed haha. I'm hoping for a different outcome from your search Fuzzy!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Fuzznutter's Organic Photos & Autos - Take 1

I just took a closer look at things.... annnddd there is nanners (on the hermi) I did what I could to remove them but some remain. That's ok. Hopefully it's not all seed haha. I'm hoping for a different outcome from your search Fuzzy!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

*Sigh* These man parts need to learn their place, and it's not on our plants! :blalol:

My husband and I were on our hands and knees with a flashlight last night looking high and low. I'm fairly certain there's a boy part somewhere but we can't find it. I'm just praying he's had his fun and hasn't invited any more friends to the party.

2016-11-21_normal.jpg

Haha white cat hair, my first bud was full of it :D Beatiful flowers. Oh, I feel you with the organic way, sometimes one just have to do what he can. I wish you good luck with it and may the flowers be plentiful for you! :love: :Namaste:

Just a quick update. The first morning I checked on the new clones the pot was wet only about halfway up. However, since that time the outside of the pot has remained damp up to the top level of the perlite. The perlite from about an inch down remains lightly moist. I'm not sure why the pot didn't wick as much the first night, but maybe it had something to do with being new fabric or such. Anyway, it's moist now.

The clones are looking great. No growth, but no signs of problems either. The last Special Queen clone rooted last night so I'm going to transplant it in a similar pot and put it in the auto closet next to the fan. It won't get a whole lot of light in that corner, but it's only intended to be a mother plant in case I like the Special Queen so I don't need or want fast growth.

That's all for now. Probably over the holiday weekend I will have my husband help me drag everyone out of the closet for better pictures. It's hard to get decent pictures in the closets now that they're getting so big.

:hug: :love: :hug:

This is what happens when you put a newly rooted clone directly next to a fan.

2016-11-23_SQc3.jpg

Word of advice: Don't! :laughtwo: Obviously not one of my finer moments. All I saw was the open space out of direct light and plopped the pot down. I know better, but for some reason the fan never crossed my mind...until a few hours too late...

I moved her to a better location just to see what will happen. I took the picture this morning and she already looks better (yeah, it was worse yesterday LOL). The upper growth might make a come back. It's okay if she doesn't make it though. Both the other clones are doing well and I only need one to flower. I'll just nab the second one to use as a mother before the flip.

2016-11-23_SQc1and2.jpg

Plants are looking great! Hope that clone turns around for you! I know your grow is organic but have you tried superthrive? I wasn't sure about it at first but ST helped some plants I thought would die in my grow.

It's not organic anymore. :( I haven't tried Superthrive. It's probably too late now but I'll look into it for future use. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom