Fuzznutter's Organic Photos & Autos: Take 1

I just took a pic of Dark Devil (1) for ibrokeit and thought I'd post it here too. She's really starting to chunk up now and is slowly getting more purple to her.

2016-11-27_DD1.jpg

Sadly, DD2 still only has the barest hint of color and isn't growing quite as fast.

Nice shot Fuzz. :high-five: Give DD2 time. They can surprise you. Many of mine have, and all have been satisfying. Well, the tiny ones were a bit of a disappointment, but they were both my fault, and the one made a decent Christmas card. Lol!

A manual siphoning pump! Why didn't that ever occur to me? Where did you find it? A pet store I'd bet. I walk right past a Petco every day.

Reps for that one girl. :high-five: Next deposit, one of those babies will find its way into my garden.

A manual siphoning pump! Why didn't that ever occur to me? Where did you find it? A pet store I'd bet. I walk right past a Petco every day.

Reps for that one girl. :high-five: Next deposit, one of those babies will find its way into my garden.

I wonder if an outboard boat motor primer pump would be a good fit here. Hand powered pump with tubing on both ends.... seems a good physical fit. They may not move enough liquid.... hmmmm.
Meh.... it's an idea.... not sayin a good one.... just an idea.

Thank you! I got mine at the rain forest. Go there and search for TRDP15 siphon liquid transfer pump. It's the kind with one side being rigid and the other flexible. They're like 5.99 plus 2.99 shipping. I forgot about the shipping so I guess the cost was actually $9. Still cheap.

Lovely shot fuzzy :hug: with some "snow" attached around it, you have your Christmas Card :) :thumb:

I'd LOVE to do that. Maybe one day... :hug:

I wonder if an outboard boat motor primer pump would be a good fit here. Hand powered pump with tubing on both ends.... seems a good physical fit. They may not move enough liquid.... hmmmm.
Meh.... it's an idea.... not sayin a good one.... just an idea.

It's the same concept so I imagine it would work just as well. I looked at them but they cost more, and I thought the ones with a rigid tube on one side would stay put in my bucket better.

Think the boat pump would pump too little at one go ( I can't express it correctly in English). Also, might be more expensive to get a better one.

:/ My DDAs had a difficult life. I was learning new lights, new ferts, a new medium. I dove off the deep end and left my swimmies at the pier. What I harvested had no denseness at all, and still smells like tea. It works...but with no real taste, or odor, I choose something else.

Since then I and my soil/mix has evolved...rather than work toward what I used first, Im looking at it more like both ends are moving toward eachother. Each grow has improved soil, and improved understanding...hopefully coming together at some point.

Im sure I can do a DDA proud now :)

:peacetwo:

My first auto grow seemed to be like that, the tea smell. My friends all asked where I got tea weed from lol.

A few updates before I forget. I've turned the exhaust fan down to low to bring the temperatures up a few degrees. Both closets were in the low 70s. Now they're in the mid-70s which is an improvement.

I have to mention odor here. I'm amazed by how low odor the autos are compared to photo plants. I can smell the autos but only when I touch them or get right up next to them. They smell delightful, but it's not strong. The CBD Skunk Haze plants though...oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. They're not even in flower yet and their odor is powerful. Just opening the closet door floods the bedroom with the smell of Indian incense with a touch of sweetness. I'm madly in love with the scent. I hope the buds and effect are nice as well because I'd love to run SH2 again from clones. My fingers are getting sticky already when I remove leaves or pinch branches from her. :love:

I'll have more pictures in a day or two. :passitleft:

A few updates before I forget. I've turned the exhaust fan down to low to bring the temperatures up a few degrees. Both closets were in the low 70s. Now they're in the mid-70s which is an improvement.

I have to mention odor here. I'm amazed by how low odor the autos are compared to photo plants. I can smell the autos but only when I touch them or get right up next to them. They smell delightful, but it's not strong. The CBD Skunk Haze plants though...oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. They're not even in flower yet and their odor is powerful. Just opening the closet door floods the bedroom with the smell of Indian incense with a touch of sweetness. I'm madly in love with the scent. I hope the buds and effect are nice as well because I'd love to run SH2 again from clones. My fingers are getting sticky already when I remove leaves or pinch branches from her. :love:

I'll have more pictures in a day or two. :passitleft:

That's interesting that the SH is smelling strong in veg. I have grown all Auto's in the past. I have a lot of friends that grew killer photo crops but in the state I previously lived in, I had to keep it very discreet so I went with autos, never noticed much smell unless like you said, I was right next to it.

Of the plants I have going now though, all photo's, the THC Bomb and the Sex Bud both stink like skunk. I just flipped the switch yesterday but they have been smelling for a couple weeks.

The Brooklyn Mango don't have any smell yet, either of them. I've heard and read that it's dank, so I think that it will stink when it flowers.

PHOTOS - VEG DAY 66
Today is a big day for these girls. It is their last day of veg! Tomorrow both the CBD Skunk Hazes and one of the Special Queen clones will be on 12/12. I wish SH1 could have grown more, but she is vertically challenged. If I wait much longer SH2 will overtake the entire closet. I bet at night she dreams of an open field and sunny skies to stretch out in.

As you can see by Calvin's feet I did some defoliating and pruning before the photo. These branchy ladies have turned my mainline into some kind of hybrid scrog. I'm going with it.

2016-11-30_photos_side.jpg

2016-11-30_Photos_top.jpg

CBD Skunk Haze (1)
2016-11-30_SH1.jpg

CBD Skunk Haze (2)
2016-11-30_SH2.jpg

Special Queen #1 Clones. These ladies need more :morenutes:. I'll increase the amounts later today. Giving each of the plants their own reservoir pan has helped a lot in reducing the frequency of watering.
2016-11-30_clones.jpg

AUTOS
2016-11-30_Autos.jpg

Bubble Gum - Day 49
2016-11-30_BG.jpg

2016-11-30_BGc.jpg

Dark Devil (1) - Day 49. This plant grows in spurts more than the others. Just a couple days ago she her buds were smaller than DD2's. Today they're just as big, if not bigger. I see a noticeable increase in purple too.
2016-11-30_DD2.jpg

2016-11-30_DD2c.jpg

Dark Devil (2) - Day 47
2016-11-30_DD1.jpg

This is the darkest bud on the plant.
2016-11-30_DD1c.jpg

I noticed the Dark Devil's odor has increased since the last time I pulled them out of the tent. They're still not "intense" but they are berry delicious. The smell reminds me of Trix cereal.

Bubble Gum's odor seems reduced this last week and less defined. She stretched for a longer time though and the buds are only now starting to put on weight. Even though, according to the breeders estimate, Bubble Gum should finish first...I don't know about that. She looks like she has the potential to put on a lot of bud weight. The Dark Devils have small balls of bud. The Bubble Gum looks like she could form long bats of bud.

Let's see...yep, that's all folks! Have a great day!

PHOTOS - VEG DAY 66
Today is a big day for these girls. It is their last day of veg! Tomorrow both the CBD Skunk Hazes and one of the Special Queen clones will be on 12/12. I wish SH1 could have grown more, but she is vertically challenged. If I wait much longer SH2 will overtake the entire closet. I bet at night she dreams of an open field and sunny skies to stretch out in.

As you can see by Calvin's feet I did some defoliating and pruning before the photo. These branchy ladies have turned my mainline into some kind of hybrid scrog. I'm going with it.

2016-11-30_photos_side.jpg

2016-11-30_Photos_top.jpg

CBD Skunk Haze (1)
2016-11-30_SH1.jpg

CBD Skunk Haze (2)
2016-11-30_SH2.jpg

Special Queen #1 Clones. These ladies need more :morenutes:. I'll increase the amounts later today. Giving each of the plants their own reservoir pan has helped a lot in reducing the frequency of watering.
2016-11-30_clones.jpg

AUTOS
2016-11-30_Autos.jpg

Bubble Gum - Day 49
2016-11-30_BG.jpg

2016-11-30_BGc.jpg

Dark Devil (1) - Day 49. This plant grows in spurts more than the others. Just a couple days ago she her buds were smaller than DD2's. Today they're just as big, if not bigger. I see a noticeable increase in purple too.
2016-11-30_DD2.jpg

2016-11-30_DD2c.jpg

Dark Devil (2) - Day 47
2016-11-30_DD1.jpg

This is the darkest bud on the plant.
2016-11-30_DD1c.jpg

I noticed the Dark Devil's odor has increased since the last time I pulled them out of the tent. They're still not "intense" but they are berry delicious. The smell reminds me of Trix cereal.

Bubble Gum's odor seems reduced this last week and less defined. She stretched for a longer time though and the buds are only now starting to put on weight. Even though, according to the breeders estimate, Bubble Gum should finish first...I don't know about that. She looks like she has the potential to put on a lot of bud weight. The Dark Devils have small balls of bud. The Bubble Gum looks like she could form long bats of bud.

Let's see...yep, that's all folks! Have a great day!

I love those little reservoir pans you put together Fuzz. I was playing with that idea myself, but never put it into practice. Odd how the SH plants expressed so differently, isn't it? Just goes to show how much is determined by seed genetics.

The DDA will bulk those little buds up almost overnight sometime close to harvest, if you're really lucky, and you apparently are.. :laughtwo: Your garden clicks along, well-guarded by the felines, I see. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I love those little reservoir pans you put together Fuzz. I was playing with that idea myself, but never put it into practice. Odd how the SH plants expressed so differently, isn't it? Just goes to show how much is determined by seed genetics.

The DDA will bulk those little buds up almost overnight sometime close to harvest, if you're really lucky, and you apparently are.. :laughtwo: Your garden clicks along, well-guarded by the felines, I see. :battingeyelashes: :love:

The pans work well. In fact, the last week I've been overfilling the auto pots to stretch their watering frequency another day out. Before I would siphon up any excess, but lately I've just left an inch or more in the pans, and I haven't seen any problem yet.

I do notice the Dark Devils are bulking up more rapidly the last couple days. I've been considering backbuilding a few but I'm not certain if they're ready for that yet. When do you all think I should do it?

The fuzz certainly stay close. At one point there were like 4 cats in the shot and my husband had to shoo them away so the camera could focus past all the cat tails. :laughtwo: I have the same problem with these plants as I do my Christmas tree. Half the cats look at them and could care less, and the other half see an all-you-can eat salad bar.

:thanks:

Hi fuzz bear :)
love thee look in your garden. Plants do love your care:circle-of-love:
Backbuilding is done when YOU feel the buds are "big enough". I did it on the 2 top colas and they swelled out pretty nice after a few days

Back
Top Bottom