Fuzznutter's Organic Photos & Autos: Take 1

For any ladies who might be interested, the Bubble Gum hum leads to a lovely tingle in areas that I believe my husband will be most thankful for. :winkyface: :laughtwo:

That's the good news. Now the bad news. Today I'm having light issues. My most dreaded problem. One of the LEDs in the photo closet is acting up. It has 4...I don't know what to call them, light panels? One of these is only half as bright as the other 3. I contacted the company and am hoping for a quick and easy resolution since they are a sponsor here, but nothing yet. It's only been a few hours though.

In the meantime I thought, why not just take that LED out of the closet and put it in with the autos. It may be reduced light but it would be a nice boost for their final weeks in flower. Then in the photo closet I'd put in the 400w HPS to help boost temperatures in there a few degrees. (It's running at 71 during the day and 69 at night. I really wouldn't mind it a few degrees higher during the day.) Anyway, I removed the LED light, installed the HPS and got everything working just perfect. I turned the light on and bright warmth filled the closet. Yay! Then I shut the light off to better adjust the cords, turned it back on and the faintest popping sound came from my remote ballast. I turned the light back on and it only emitted a fraction of the light it should. Changed the bulb. Same thing. Joy. I think my capacitor failed.

Lights! Bah humbug!

The HPS light is quite a few years old and no longer under warranty. I'm sure a more technical-minded person could easily replace the broken part, but I'm not sure I should even try. A new one isn't too expensive, but darn it. That HPS was supposed to be my backup. And it failed me. How dare it! *stomps off*

:thedoubletake: And O.M.G. right as I typed that last sentence I was about to grudgingly go shopping for one more unexpected expense this month, none too pleased with having to spend more money, and at that moment my husband sent me an IM telling me about a very, VERY generous raise he just received. And a holiday bonus. It would appear my day has turned around. Just like that. Ain't life grand? :slide::slide::slide:

The buds on me folks! Pass them around! :passitleft: :passitleft: :passitleft:

:party:

For any ladies who might be interested, the Bubble Gum hum leads to a lovely tingle in areas that I believe my husband will be most thankful for. :winkyface: :laughtwo:

That's the good news. Now the bad news. Today I'm having light issues. My most dreaded problem. One of the LEDs in the photo closet is acting up. It has 4...I don't know what to call them, light panels? One of these is only half as bright as the other 3. I contacted the company and am hoping for a quick and easy resolution since they are a sponsor here, but nothing yet. It's only been a few hours though.

In the meantime I thought, why not just take that LED out of the closet and put it in with the autos. It may be reduced light but it would be a nice boost for their final weeks in flower. Then in the photo closet I'd put in the 400w HPS to help boost temperatures in there a few degrees. (It's running at 71 during the day and 69 at night. I really wouldn't mind it a few degrees higher during the day.) Anyway, I removed the LED light, installed the HPS and got everything working just perfect. I turned the light on and bright warmth filled the closet. Yay! Then I shut the light off to better adjust the cords, turned it back on and the faintest popping sound came from my remote ballast. I turned the light back on and it only emitted a fraction of the light it should. Changed the bulb. Same thing. Joy. I think my capacitor failed.

Lights! Bah humbug!

The HPS light is quite a few years old and no longer under warranty. I'm sure a more technical-minded person could easily replace the broken part, but I'm not sure I should even try. A new one isn't too expensive, but darn it. That HPS was supposed to be my backup. And it failed me. How dare it! *stomps off*

:thedoubletake: And O.M.G. right as I typed that last sentence I was about to grudgingly go shopping for one more unexpected expense this month, none too pleased with having to spend more money, and at that moment my husband sent me an IM telling me about a very, VERY generous raise he just received. And a holiday bonus. It would appear my day has turned around. Just like that. Ain't life grand? :slide::slide::slide:

The buds on me folks! Pass them around! :passitleft: :passitleft: :passitleft:

:party:

The virtues of modern technology. I wish you good luck and enjoy that Christmas bonus! :thumb: :love: :Namaste:

Hey Fuzz....just wanted to share a pic of my bubble gum auto. ..what ya think at 43 days old?

420-magazine-mobile1206003919.jpg

I can't wait to try her now since I read your review .

YT

Hey Fuzz....just wanted to share a pic of my bubble gum auto. ..what ya think at 43 days old?

420-magazine-mobile1206003919.jpg

I can't wait to try her now since I read your review .

YT

She looks wonderful! Your plant doesn't look as leafy as mine. Did you do a heavy defoliation or is it just a different pheno? Your lower buds will have an easier time bulking up. I was afraid to defoliate too much having never ran an auto before. Now I think I might have to harvest the top first and let the lower buds mature a few extra days. We'll see if I actually have the patience for that though. :blalol:

I really like the Bubble Gum. In fact, last night I had some Dark Devil dried and all packed up and ready to go in my vape, but I couldn't bring myself to use it. Instead I snipped another lower branch from the Bubble Gum and vaped it fresh. It's such a fun, happy and relaxing high - though very scatterbrained. In comparison, I'd describe the Dark Devil as a more focused, creative high; great for daytime use. I can't wait to try them both fully mature and cured.

I really like the Bubble Gum. In fact, last night I had some Dark Devil dried and all packed up and ready to go in my vape, but I couldn't bring myself to use it. Instead I snipped another lower branch from the Bubble Gum and vaped it fresh. It's such a fun, happy and relaxing high - though very scatterbrained. In comparison, I'd describe the Dark Devil as a more focused, creative high; great for daytime use. I can't wait to try them both fully mature and cured.

Exactly why I love a variety. I only have about 3 grams Dark Devil left. Carry on

I have a picture-packed update!

PHOTOS - FLOWERING DAY 15

First the CBD Skunk Hazes - SH(1) on the left and SH(2) on the right. All the pictures of them were taken before I did more small branch pruning underneath and defoliation on top to keep the bud sites open to light. Their odor has become a mix of Indian incense and sweetness, with a hint of stinky cheese.
2016-12-15_CBD_Skunk_Hazes.jpg

CBD Skunk Haze (1). The stretching has slowed down. She may or may not make it above the hoop. If not, I'll remove it. We'll know in a couple days.
2016-12-15_SH1_top1.jpg

2016-12-15_SH1_top2.jpg

CBD Skunk Haze (2). My pride and joy. I wish she wasn't quite so leafy, but I love her anyway. As you can see, she has begun flowering. Oh and the second clone of her rooted today. Yay! I'm going to have to be extra careful when I plant it.
2016-12-15_SH2_top.jpg

2016-12-15_SH2_top2.jpg

Special Queen clone. She stretched a lot the last few days. I removed her bottom branches after the photo was taken.
2016-12-15_SQc_side.jpg

2016-12-15_SQc.jpg

AUTOS

The smell in the auto closet has noticeably increased. It's like a berry wonderland. The Dark Devils have a dank, kind of stinky-in-a-good-way berry odor. The Bubble Gum has a gentler, slightly sweeter berry smell, an almost strawberry odor.

Both the Dark Devils have surprised me with how quickly they're finishing. Autos are amazing and so much fun to grow! They're both showing mostly cloudy trichomes, but there are still quite a few clear. It's really difficult to read the trichomes on these ladies though as the trichome heads are smaller than usual with long spindly stalks. Have others noticed this? I'm assuming it's a strain thing and not an auto issue because the Bubble Gum autos have fat trichome heads and look normal to me. Anyway, I've started flushing the Dark Devils. I'm not entirely sure when I plan to harvest them yet, but within the week for sure.

Dark Devil (1) - Day 64.
2016-12-15_DD1_side.jpg

2016-12-15_DD1_top.jpg

2016-12-15_DD1_close1.jpg

2016-12-15_DD1_close2.jpg

Dark Devil (2) - Day 62.
2016-12-15_DD2_side.jpg

2016-12-15_DD2_close1.jpg

2016-12-15_DD2_close2.jpg

Bubble Gum - Day 64. Her trichomes are about half cloudy and half clear, and she's still putting on weight. She's still getting nutes.
2016-12-15_BG_side.jpg

2016-12-15_BG_close1.jpg

2016-12-15_BG_close2.jpg

I can never share these buds with someone who is allergic to cats. I don't think there's a single bud in the auto closet that doesn't have white cat hair attached. I don't get it. I only have ONE white cat and yet it's only her hair I see everywhere. No orange or black hairs. Just white. Lots of white. Bud washing these is a necessity.

Let's see...I do believe that is everything. Nope. Wait. The LED company offered me a replacement part for the broken light. I sure hope it comes with instructions. I asked if it did but they have yet to reply. *Sigh*

I do like these LED lights, but I'm hedging my bets and ordered a new 400w HPS for the photo closet. That's the colder closet and I want to bring the temps up in there. Hopefully not too high though...We'll see soon enough. Tracking says it should be here tomorrow.

:byebye: Have a great day everyone!

Hello Frizz, depending on the fan and hood you are getting the temps can stay in reasonable numbers. I got the open hood and I got 4+ °C there with my 250W and ballast. Better to keep the ballast outside for better temps but you'll see. Looking all lovely there, the Skunk Haze could use some trimming before flower. Do not hesitate to remove leaf here and there as she has plenty down the stems. Cheers! :love: :Namaste:

She looks wonderful! Your plant doesn't look as leafy as mine. Did you do a heavy defoliation or is it just a different pheno? Your lower buds will have an easier time bulking up. I was afraid to defoliate too much having never ran an auto before. Now I think I might have to harvest the top first and let the lower buds mature a few extra days. We'll see if I actually have the patience for that though. :blalol:

I guess she is just a different pheno, I haven't done any defoliating at all. Since she is so skinny, I am actually using Advanced Nutrients products during bloom....

I figure she has 3-4 more weeks before I take her down.

Hello Frizz, depending on the fan and hood you are getting the temps can stay in reasonable numbers. I got the open hood and I got 4+ °C there with my 250W and ballast. Better to keep the ballast outside for better temps but you'll see. Looking all lovely there, the Skunk Haze could use some trimming before flower. Do not hesitate to remove leaf here and there as she has plenty down the stems. Cheers! :love: :Namaste:

:byebye: I'm counting on the exhaust pulling enough of the heat out to not fry the plants. It's only on medium, so I have some wiggle room to turn it up higher. *Fingers crossed* I need to figure out where to place the ballast if it needs removed from the closet.

I did clear up a gallon bag worth of leaf and lower branches after the photos. I put them in my freezer to make oil with later.

I guess she is just a different pheno, I haven't done any defoliating at all. Since she is so skinny, I am actually using Advanced Nutrients products during bloom....

I figure she has 3-4 more weeks before I take her down.

Interesting. I wonder how my next Bubble Gum will look. I had to defoliate quite a few leaves off this one. I tried to remove as few as possible, but there were just so many. Nothing would have got light if left completely au naturale.

All looking mighty proper. I don't remember DDA having small trichome heads. It's good hooch. :bongrip:

:thanks:

:hug: I hope you're feeling better today. :love:

What a very busy day. I started by putting the new 400w HPS in the photo tent. I left one of the LED panels in there as well. The upper temps are ranging between 76 to 80 now. I'm okay with that for the moment. We'll see how the plants react. If I need to I'll bump the exhaust up to high. That should bring the temps down 2-3 degrees.

Then I puttered around doing a bunch of miscellaneous things. I created some Hempy buckets for the next round of grows. I installed a new surge protector with timer in the auto closet. I planted the CBD Skunk Haze clone in a Hempy bucket - very carefully and I placed it far from the fan. :blalol: I cleaned the auto closet. I also watered all the photos and switched Bubble Gum to plain, pH-adjusted, bubbled water.

After all this, I did something extra exciting, I HARVESTED THE DARK DEVILS!

I'm sorry the pictures aren't more or better, but I was exhausted at this point and the inflammation in my back and hips was at harrowing levels. Here they are right after I trimmed off the major fan leaves. I trimmed them up a little more before bud washing, but I admit I did a half-assed job. I'll have to do a better cleanup later. For now they are hanging in the top of the auto closet to dry.

Dark Devil (1) at 66 days.
2016-12-17_DD1.jpg

2016-12-17_DD1c.jpg

Dark Devil (2) at 64 days.
2016-12-17_DD2.jpg

2016-12-17_DD2c.jpg

I pushed the 2 LED panels in the auto closet closer together. Bubble Gum is all stretched out and sunning herself liberally under them. I'll probably chop her on the 21st.

Right now I have 2 new babies soaking. I decided to go with Baby Boom and Jack 47. It was a tough choice. I was originally thinking of running Red Poison, then I wondered if I should plant another Bubble Gum, then I thought maybe Hobbit, but in the end we opted for Baby Boom. The seed is soaking. I cannot change my mind again. :laughtwo:

So just in time for my birthday tomorrow, I harvested my first autos! :yahoo: Now I'm going to bed. I need :snooze:. Goodnight all!

Lovely flowers! Nicely trained, they look like clouds in the summer sky! You did a great job keeping them happy, now they will repay you the service. I've just had my special chocolate treat and off to shop for presents! Cheers! :love: :Namaste:

Lovely flowers! Nicely trained, they look like clouds in the summer sky! You did a great job keeping them happy, now they will repay you the service. I've just had my special chocolate treat and off to shop for presents! Cheers! :love: :Namaste:

Thank you! While they're not the biggest buds I've grown, I'm really pleased with them. It's hard to believe all that in like 9 weeks. The next grow I'll have 600 actual watts of LED light in there instead of 400 during flower. I'm hoping that will help increase the bud size and density a little more. I'm greedy, greedy, greedy and always wanting more, more, more. :laughtwo:

Special chocolate. Mmmm

Thank you! While they're not the biggest buds I've grown, I'm really pleased with them. It's hard to believe all that in like 9 weeks. The next grow I'll have 600 actual watts of LED light in there instead of 400 during flower. I'm hoping that will help increase the bud size and density a little more. I'm greedy, greedy, greedy and always wanting more, more, more. :laughtwo:

Special chocolate. Mmmm

Great! That will make them happy, you can also add UVB there, not many ppl are doing that :( and it is not represented in the spectrum of LED lights because of the cost (50 dollars per watt). Good luck with that more light. :love: :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom