G13 Labs Auto Berry & Kannabia Baby Boom LED Grow

Cheers mate,been too easy so far and I'll be cheering if it stays that way so now just gotta keep the ph in check.Baby Deffinatley looks like it's going to live up to its name but berry looks to have the makings of a decent size plant and they both have a pretty strong smell to them in veg as well.Berry has been planted directly into the pro mix without a grow cube which I've never done before so I'm interested if it makes any difference at all.
With the amount of perlite I have in there the pots arn't holding near as much water as my previous grows which I'm hoping is pay off in the end and should flush out unused nutes a lot easier.

Haha, damn they grow quick.. looking great mate, healthy as..

Cheers Grizz,they have shifted outa gear overnight and are exploding.All lower growth has just about reached the canopy and I leaned Baby for the last time today and now each lower branch on both are getting good light.Ill chuck up pics again on Sunday

Shit how did I not notice that:) it looks as though it's split the middle leaf on both side.Now gunna be interesting on how the branches grow off that node.Every auto grow I've done there has been at least one freaky plant.
Also while I'm here, I seen on another journal last week that I think it was Dutch Passion has a duck foot auto out now.Looked like it would blend in a outside garden pretty well

I think that has been out a while, Frisian duck crossed with some auto :thumb: tbh I think in veg you might get away with it but in flower the smell would give it away pretty quickly, once it starts flowering will still grow colas which is what I notice first from a distance, cant see the shape of a leaf unless up close ;)

What a difference 1 night can make,checked them before lights off and berry looks like it's going the same way as my failed NL did last year.1 fan leaf up top looks to be loosing colour and sorta looks wilting while all it's growth tips arnt open and saught of leaning a bit.My only thaught is to give another DTW feed today with low EC and good amount of run off to get a better idea on what's going on.honey moon is over baby

Watered today with .7EC at ph6 and got 3L run off on both to try and wash out whatever is going on.run off tested still EC2 at ph5.7 so still looks a bit hot. I'm going to let them dry up abit now and hope they bounce back in the meantime.Im not sure if I'll get overwatering problems with a 50/50 perlite pro mix but will continue to do big run off waters till things get where I want them.I added the 160 epi today so hope the heat doesn't spike to bad and added a bigger rotating fan to try and help.Fingers crossed this isn't a repeat of last year

Got in just before lights on and got these just under flash
Baby is going great guns and has staggered her nodes nice so I'm guessing at least pre flowers this time next week
Berry on the other hand looks good with nice big healthy fan but still has her growth tips laying down a bit instead of pointing to the sky,Anyone have a clue on what can be causing that? Deffinatley think she will go into flower after Baby even though she has more prominent pupes.
So far I'm stoked how this epi is going,nearly double the real Watts than the reflector but runs pretty cool and by the looks it has a more white balance than the reflector.I have it around 18-20 inches away with both bloom and veg switched on and it's a lot quieter than my reflector.
No bug damage at all to any leaves and the sticky trap has caught mainly mozzies so the bugs don't seem to have found my garden yet:) well here is the pics
Baby Boom
IMG_116341.JPG

Berry
IMG_116143.JPG

Cheers

Today was time to water so mixed up 7L of .6EC veg feed with floralishous at .25mlpl and silica at mlpl at 6ph
Run off for baby boom was 2.4EC at 5.4ph so will give a plain water next with at least 2L run off.Its a light feeder from seed bank report but it must be super light.
Berry was 1.4-6 EC at 5.8ph so time to up her feed to .8 next time.
Out of the 7L I only got maybe 1L run off between them so will increase watering intervals till I'm at daily or at least miss just 1 day.Thats about it so here's a couple pics just before lights on
Baby Boom
IMG_116438.JPG

Berry
IMG_116537.JPG

Cheers

Looking good. I'm a couple weeks behind you on my grow. I notice that you feed at more of a hydro PH level (upper 5's) with your peat based soil-less mix. I didn't have any luck with that. Things would look good for the first 4 weeks and then would go sideways. Targeting 6.5 ended up working better for me. Come to find out, my nute line recommends a range of 6.2-6.8 for soil-less. Perhaps your nutes are formulated to work differently. Seems from your last grow journal that your plants did pretty well with what you did.

Cheers farside,I'm thinking about slowly upping my ph to 6.2-6.4 through flower.I always have ph drop out half way through flower but will water/feed this grow more often since I upped the perlite to try and keep feed EC low and wash out salts more often.To me last year was a disaster except GSC,just gotta keep less is more in my head.Funny thing is even though baby booms run off tested high in EC and low ph,It's actually looking the healthiest a few hours after lights on after this water.All up though I'm pretty sure I've at least learnt something from last year I hope:)

My EC going in never exceeds 1.2 and that's at full bloom in a medium that has no fertilizer in it to begin with. Don't know what comes out because I quit watering to the point of run off.

I wonder, since I would do ok for a while at a lower PH, and you say that you have some difficulties later in the grow, if that feeding at a low PH uses up any buffers the soil manufacturer adds in and eventually it can't self regulate? We are using peat based mixes from different companies, but I'm pretty sure the one I use adds something to the mix since peat is naturally a bit more acidic.

Yea mine is buffered to 5.8-6ph but has been charged to around 2-2.4EC.Im around a month in and really Havnt fed much at all,pretty much nothing till the weekend just gone.I can't see me going higher than .8EC this grow but will instead go to daily or bi daily within the next fortnight.Im sure in my previous grows that I started feeding way to early on the advice from the store guy and to low wattage LEDs to let the plants eat.I'll no for sure by the end of this grow and only having time for the 1 run I hope I'm right:)

I've never topped my autos in the past and have been debating it. Liking the nice flat top you have going on. I may top my Northern Lights since they are more vigorous than my Blueberries. I may just LST the Blueberries since their growth seems slower and I'm worried they may not recover and I'll end up with runts.

Back
Top Bottom