Gas lantern

Grower2020

Gas lantern working well outdoors . :)
Sunrise to sunset 🌅 natural lighting.
Supplemental lighting at 1umol of lights on for 2 minutes every 2hrs during dark period . Night interruption to maintain vegetating prevent flowering :) peace and enjoy :)

IMG_2813.jpeg

IMG_2823.jpeg

Gas lantern working well outdoors . :)
Sunrise to sunset 🌅 natural lighting.
Supplemental lighting at 1umol of lights on for 2 minutes every 2hrs during dark period . Night interruption to maintain vegetating prevent flowering :) peace and enjoy :)

IMG_2813.jpeg

IMG_2823.jpeg

Hey Buddy :ciao: Looks great. :welldone:

How's the bugs around the lights?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hey Buddy :ciao: Looks great. :welldone:

How's the bugs around the lights?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Hey Bill :) very good question the first to ask :) honestly the bugs aren’t too bad . It’s been really wet conditions lately so there is plenty of thick juicy things to eat out there ;) there is an increase in mosquitos for 2 minutes but I haven’t noticed any damage to the foliage or pests on top or under the leaves :)

Hey Bill :) very good question the first to ask :) honestly the bugs aren’t too bad . It’s been really wet conditions lately so there is plenty of thick juicy things to eat out there ;) there is an increase in mosquitos for 2 minutes but I haven’t noticed any damage to the foliage or pests on top or under the leaves :)
Awesome.
Lights attract a different type of insect.
I know my green house lights attracted every bug in a mile radius 😂
It was a beacon like the bat signal.
Nice work.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hey Grower2020, I'm also using night interruption in my veg greenhouse here in Hawaii. I use a bunch of daylight spectrum LED bulbs, 13w. They are on a timer, going on at midnight, 2am, and 4am, for a few minutes each time. It's either 3 or 5 minutes, I forget. Works like a charm. I do see some flowering in the shaded, lower branches, but it's no biggie.

March, 2023
1705370236459.png

Hey Grower2020, I'm also using night interruption in my veg greenhouse here in Hawaii. I use a bunch of daylight spectrum LED bulbs, 13w. They are on a timer, going on at midnight, 2am, and 4am, for a few minutes each time. It's either 3 or 5 minutes, I forget. Works like a charm. I do see some flowering in the shaded, lower branches, but it's no biggie.

March, 2023
1705370236459.png
Nice work brother :) looking great 😊 next year I plan to run a 30m garden bed if all goes well :) also using gas lantern /night interruption.

Suffering heat stress with temps at 104f lately so I added some mulch to the top of the pots to help regulate the soil a bit

IMG_2904.jpeg
Only minus 10c here today not bad.
But 104f that's high my friend :Namaste:
How are they doing during the noon hour at peak sunlight?
Because they look great now. :welldone:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

This plant is not phased by the heat it seems . The rest are struggling a little and slowing growth quite a bit

IMG_2909.jpeg
Pretty much answers my question. :thumb::thanks:
If I waited another minute.;)

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Just the
Only minus 10c here today not bad.
But 104f that's high my friend :Namaste:
How are they doing during the noon hour at peak sunlight?
Because they look great now. :welldone:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
they just not praying like they should be and are a little droopy . Slow growth and leaves started to slightly yellow from slow nutrient uptake which I think is caused from the soil getting too hot

Just the

they just not praying like they should be and are a little droopy . Slow growth and leaves started to slightly yellow from slow nutrient uptake which I think is caused from the soil getting too hot
I wrapped wet towels around the outside of my pots during the worst of it.
That helped.
Also a semi shaded canopy during high noon helps aswell.
I always made sure to water just before it got really hot.
I ran Coco @Bill284 Method, drain to waste every day.
Works in soil too though.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I wrapped wet towels around the outside of my pots during the worst of it.
That helped.
Also a semi shaded canopy during high noon helps aswell.
I always made sure to water just before it got really hot.
I ran Coco @Bill284 Method, drain to waste every day.
Works in soil too though.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
If only I could have such easy access to these plants to shade them with 40% cloth during midday . Unfortunately these plants are in the middle of nowhere 😔. Hoping the mulch helps a little as it’s all I can really manage to help them . Do you think I could just leave 40% over them all the time ? Until flower when temps have settled down a bit ? Or too much loss of light ? I did a light test under 40 % and the umols reduced from 1800 down to 750 . Quite a substantial drop in light

If only I could have such easy access to these plants to shade them with 40% cloth during midday . Unfortunately these plants are in the middle of nowhere 😔. Hoping the mulch helps a little as it’s all I can really manage to help them . Do you think I could just leave 40% over them all the time ? Until flower when temps have settled down a bit ? Or too much loss of light ? I did a light test under 40 % and the umols reduced from 1800 down to 750 . Quite a substantial drop in light
If it's peak sun for those weeks it would help. Imo.
I'd use something like a mesh or something that flaps a bit to get some movement.
Instead of a cloth blanket type product.
While it's that hot it'll help
That's over 40c in the sun cooking. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom