GB80 Goes Organic

I'll see if I got superglue and try it:thumb:

Really guys, I don't care either way... I do appreciate the suggestions and support though. I've had this happen many times and usually I just pull the stem off and clone it. But since I'm out of rapid rooters and rock wool cubes, I was just going to see how it healed on its own. Since the majority of you think I should fix it... I'm going to try the superglue method if I have some here, if not, duct tape it is. Wish Lucy luck!

I'll see if I got superglue and try it:thumb:

Really guys, I don't care either way... I do appreciate the suggestions and support though. I've had this happen many times and usually I just pull the stem off and clone it. But since I'm out of rapid rooters and rock wool cubes, I was just going to see how it healed on its own. Since the majority of you think I should fix it... I'm going to try the superglue method if I have some here, if not, duct tape it is. Wish Lucy luck!

C'mon Lucy...you can do this!

Well, didn't have superglue and couldn't find the duct tape so I decided to get creative and maybe a little obsurd... Candle wax anyone? Let's see how it works:rofl: haha

Screenshot_2015-09-25-12-33-23.png

I broke it yesterday morning and the leaves were still healthy. I'm pretty sure it would have healed on its own. The branch was supporting itself today and the leaves were perky. I doubt anything would really make a difference since it has already started to heal itself. At least with covering up the wound, no nasty critters or infections can enter through the break.

I woulda just pushed both bits together tight, seems you have a gap, then I woulda got a splint, anything wudda done n tied that to both parts. The splint is a must to stop movement same with a broken arm or leg. A clean snap can be fixed if you get it fast enough and get it tight together. lol candle wax

Herb :yummy:

Im just thinking the wax might be a bad thing, it may seep into the middle n completely block the stem, it will also stop the tissue of the plant binding back together. I mayb wrong but that would be my thinking??

I could be wrong but I think I recall that the broken veins will never mend back together but the plant will create new veins around the severed ones. That being why a knuckle is created from bending a branch to the point of snap but not breaking. Anything that holds it together should allow the plant to create new veins as long as plant tissue is able to bond somewhere in the break, the plant will find a way. I broke my pepper plant and used superglue. A knuckle formed and a new branch started growing from the break. I never tried it on cannabis though.

I get the debating of what I used... I do. But seriously guys, it's no big deal. If it works.. cool, if not... it's no skin off my back. I think I've already convinced myself to veg a few more weeks anyway so it really dosent make or break the grow for me. I do appreciate all the comments trying to help me get this figured out. Let's all just roll with it and see what happens. I'm sure it will all work out in the end:)

Well, didn't have superglue and couldn't find the duct tape so I decided to get creative and maybe a little obsurd... Candle wax anyone? Let's see how it works:rofl: haha

In my garden tape is just as essential as water and light. LOL!
As you know, my garden is more like boot camp than a spa for green girls so I have to tape up the wounded quite often.
I recently cut up old stems from my last round to put into my compost/soil bins and I'd say I spent about 20 minutes just cutting out the taped up stem areas before tossing them into my bins.

Lucy is growing and starting to get a little more bushy by the day. Not very semetrical but growing none the less. The break has healed and the leaves at the end have been growing new tops. Going to let her grow a little more and possibly give her to another member here to finish growing out. I want to start pheno hunting but only having one tiny tent is kinda prohibitive to take clones and flower them out to start searching for the best phenos. Still not 100% sure what's going to happen, but I'll keep you all updated.

Screenshot_2015-09-27-08-54-43.png
Screenshot_2015-09-27-08-54-59.png

Just been busy... no, no mammoth buds coming from me. I only have the small tent set up at the moment. There won't be any buds to show for at least 2 months:)

I know that feeling, ill be in that position soon enough, I do finally have a few beans in transit right now so thats a bonus. Looks like me n you will be boring peeps with veg plants.

Herb :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom