GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

You got a nice shot on that one Goose! The colors look like a opal stone! I didn't ever think I would say this but thats one sexy cola.

You got a nice shot on that one Goose! The colors look like a opal stone! I didn't ever think I would say this but thats one sexy cola.

Thanks Gitter!

They do have a nice color to them. The buds are also very dense and as you can see, large diameter to boot! I am more than pleased with the results of this strain! I've got another packet of these seeds stored safely in my drying closet, so I will definitely be planting another crop of Harlequin the next time I do a grow. I really hope that I can get a male plant out of the next batch. I would LOVE the chance to pollenate a female Harlequin with a male of the same strain so that I could get a good stock of seeds for future grows!

:)

Thanks Man!

I couldn't be more pleased to discover that Medicinal Organic Nursery has once again come through with a creation that "ROCKS" and produces exactly the kind of results they promised on their packaging! This great buzz I have been getting must be from the high CBD percentage. I've frankly never had an effect from Cannabis quite like this before, and I have been around this stuff for well over 30 years now.

:bravo:

Over the course of the day today, I have had several "helpings" of this test bud and the overall effects are fantastic! I think I have "finally" found the ultimate MMJ strain for the treatment of anxiety, pain and inflammation! It does make you feel a bit sedated, but not overly so. The head remains relatively clear and alert and you can do things without feeling stoned or otherwise "out of it".

The best way to describe the "buzz" would be to compare it to a benzodiazepine like Alprazolam... aka Xanax. I have an ongoing prescription for that drug that I take as needed.

However... I am rather dubious about growing too dependent on them because they can be habit forming, you WILL develop a tolerance if you take them daily, and they are VERY difficult to cease taking once you start. This has nothing to do with will power or anything like that! It is an actual chemical dependence that can quickly develop.

Withdrawals can be serious and the actual withdrawal side-effects can include seizures and many other "nasty" reactions especially from a cold turkey cessation. I've had friends who have had bad withdrawal symptoms while trying to get off those, even during a doctor supervised tapering from a previously moderate daily dosage of Alprazolam! Needless to say... I only take those when I REALLY NEED IT!

Having something that works the same way in Cannabis form is just simply AWESOME! If the rest of this four plant Harlequin crop turns out as good as this test bud, I am going to be one happy camper! :yahoo:

My early advice to anyone looking for a high CBD strain would be this... Based on this test bud I would seriously consider getting your hands on some "Medicinal Organic Nursery" brand Harlequin GBD seeds and trying it for yourself on your next grow! :thumb:

Last but not least... Based on a late afternoon trichome check of the two Harlequins on the patio deck that showed the beginnings of amber, I have decided to harvest one of them tomorrow (Saturday) and the second plant down there on either Sunday or Monday. All depends on how much drying space the first plant takes up. I am expecting a pretty massive harvest based on how huge these four "H" plants are now!

Stay tuned for a photo update of the first chop tomorrow afternoon or early evening! :)

I can attest to the cold turkey cessation of Xanax... Very, very, very bad time in my life for weeks... Worst I've felt in my life. Deep depression, I developed agoraphobia, among other darker thoughts. Never had a seizure, thank goodness, but yeah... bad stuff... And the FDA approved that crap. Sigh... I'll not go on that tirade.

I'm so pleased that yours works as well as it does. It gives me hope that I'll eventually find something that works well.

ROFL! I thought you knew that it was a "purple"! hehehe, Grandaddy Blueberry is an awesome purple, I was surprised to see those lime green spikey nugs so soon! Meh, live and learn, I guess, lol. You'll be putting them out later next year then so they can finish in the cool mountain air?

Nice looking yield from the one plant, though! Excellent! Well done, and plus reps.

ROFL! I thought you knew that it was a "purple"! hehehe, Grandaddy Blueberry is an awesome purple, I was surprised to see those lime green spikey nugs so soon! Meh, live and learn, I guess, lol. You'll be putting them out later next year then so they can finish in the cool mountain air?

Nice looking yield from the one plant, though! Excellent! Well done, and plus reps.

Hey Jandre!

Thanks man! I was more than plased with the quantity I got from just one plant. Nice big nugs too! Reminds me of my Blueberry Kush from last year in terms of the diameter of the colas.

I actually didn't know that Grand Daddy Blueberry was a purple! My BBK didn't do much purple even after 8 weeks. The dried bud has since gone red though, but that happened well after harvest and during a 1 year cure. I would imagine that if left to go into October, this Harlequin could very well start really going purple. Thing is though...I just got done checking all the trichomes on everything and so far the Harlequin is the only plants that are showing any amber. In fact, H2 which I plan to chop tomorrow is already at about 15% overall coverage which is extermely fast compared to all my other strains.

The Blue Cheese and GDP are both still 100% cloudy with no amber showing at all yet, so it looks like this strain of Harlequin is a fast finisher compared to most. Worked out great for me though! I need to get these plants chopped ASAP to make room for the rest of the crops when they hit their 8 to 9 week point which will be the first week of October.

Just checked the drying closets and the bud is still pretty wet, so it looks like at least another three days before I can move this first plant's bud into jars, or at the very least a couple of baking pans. I need to make room for H 3 and 4!! ;)

P.S. Sorry to hear about your awful experience with Xanax withdrawal! I've never taken it enough to have to deal with that, but I know all about Opiate withdrawals! Every once in awhile, I go through my monthly supply of Percocets a few days early and have to endure the withdrawal symptoms. No fun! No fun at all!

Harlequin GDB #2 Harvest
After the chop and trim

Here are some photos of the bud after it was trimmed down and hung in our last drying closet space. I used a combination of flash and natural light from the light in the closet for these photos, as well as AF and Macro focus settings. The color of the bud has a slight blueish hue to it which is more apparent in some photos than others.

P1013290.JPG
P1013291.JPG
P1013292.JPG
P1013297.JPG
P1013298.JPG
P1013299.JPG
P1013300.JPG
P1013301.JPG
p1013296.JPG

Overflow of the lower and smaller branch buds were hung in my cloner closet space

P1013294.JPG
P1013295.JPG

Harlequin #3 is up next and scheduled for chop on Wednesday. I am hoping that #1 will be dried out enough by then so that I can move it out of the closet and onto drying racks to make room for the next plant.

Stay tuned! :)

Harlequin GDB #2 Harvest
After the chop and trim

Here are some photos of the bud after it was trimmed down and hung in our last drying closet space. I used a combination of flash and natural light from the light in the closet for these photos, as well as AF and Macro focus settings. The color of the bud has a slight blueish hue to it which is more apparent in some photos than others.<snip>

Harlequin #3 is up next and scheduled for chop on Wednesday. I am hoping that #1 will be dried out enough by then so that I can move it out of the closet and onto drying racks to make room for the next plant.

Stay tuned! :)

Hey, GG7! Great harvest!! I was thinking. Yes it hurt. Have you thought about getting a GC Analysis done on your Harlequin GDB? It'd be interesting to know what CBD levels are from that strain in your environment.

Hey, GG7! Great harvest!! I was thinking. Yes it hurt. Have you thought about getting a GC Analysis done on your Harlequin GDB? It'd be interesting to know what CBD levels are from that strain in your environment.

Thanks Jandre!

Based on the unique effect I have gotten from just the test bud, I am likely going to send a sample of a main cola off to the lab for a confirmation of what I already suspect. VERY HIGH CBD! ;)

You can always send it to Gittergreens lung lab!:thumb:

GDP - Blue Cheese - Purple Diesel Photo Update!

Wanted to give everyone a quick progress report on some of the other strains that are still in process. Here are a few quick photos...

GDP

P1013319.JPG
P10133171.JPG

P1013320.JPG

Blue Cheese

P10133241.JPG

Purple Diesel

P10133211.JPG

Harlequin #3 Harvested

The plant has been chopped, trimmed and hung. Not going to post photos since it is basically the same routine as the two previous plants. #3 was slightly lower yield than the first two, but still an impressive yield for one plant.

Photos of Harlequin #1 fully trimmed and in the curing jar will be my next photo update later today so STAY TUNED!

Harlequin #1 • Final Trim and Curing Phase

This stuff looks amazing! Unusually dense buds and full of resin. Even after being dried for four days, I was forced to use two pairs of trimming scissors to complete the manicuring of these buds for finaly storage/curing. The first pair gummed up on me after trimming up less than half of what you see here. My hands were BLACK with resin when I was done. Unusual for this stage in the game based on past final trims and storage into curing jars.

P10133271.JPG
P1013329.JPG

P10133311.JPG
P10133321.JPG

No Flash

P10133351.JPG

Close-up with Flash

P10133371.JPG
P10133381.JPG

Harlequin #1 Dry Weigh In
The fully manicured buds from the first of my four Harlequin plants is now sufficiently dry and thus begins the 1-3 month curing process. A nice yield indeed from a single plant! Can't wait to try it out! :yahoo:

P10133432.JPG

Thanks Jandre!

Based on the unique effect I have gotten from just the test bud, I am likely going to send a sample of a main cola off to the lab for a confirmation of what I already suspect. VERY HIGH CBD! ;)

Hehehe Curiosity gets us both, huh? I just can't stand it when I suspect something but have no proof in data. Grats, again, brother. I'm happy you found the right road on the meds. Now.... to make it our own. I know you're taking a while off after this harvest (sadly), but when you get back in, send me a PM or something, huh?

Hehehe Curiosity gets us both, huh? I just can't stand it when I suspect something but have no proof in data. Grats, again, brother. I'm happy you found the right road on the meds. Now.... to make it our own. I know you're taking a while off after this harvest (sadly), but when you get back in, send me a PM or something, huh?

Thanks Bro!

I definitely plan to stay connected to this site even after I have hung up my watering cans and trimming scissors for 2013. I will definitely keep in touch! :)

But don't forget...I still have a couple of POUNDS of crop to bring in yet this year, so I am expecting at least another 5-10 pages of activity on this journal before I post my final farewell message and send this thing over to the completed journals section. ;)

In the meantime, hope everyone continues to follow the progress as we bring in one strain after another over the next several weeks. One more Harlequin to go, and then it will likely be on to the Blue Cheese, the various MON clones I was given, and finally the big finale... THE LAST CROP OF KEN'S GDP!

Thanks Bro!

I definitely plan to stay connected to this site even after I have hung up my watering cans and trimming scissors for 2013. I will definitely keep in touch! :)

But don't forget...I still have a couple of POUNDS of crop to bring in yet this year, so I am expecting at least another 5-10 pages of activity on this journal before I post my final farewell message and send this thing over to the completed journals section. ;)

In the meantime, hope everyone continues to follow the progress as we bring in one strain after another over the next several weeks. One more Harlequin to go, and then it will likely be on to the Blue Cheese, the various MON clones I was given, and finally the big finale... THE LAST CROP OF KEN'S GDP!

You simply must... Must-must-must, reserve the Ken's genetics. At least, keep a clone back and reveg it in a little-used closet somewhere. I'm sure you can keep a bonsai of it in your pocket if need be. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom