GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

You simply must... Must-must-must, reserve the Ken's genetics. At least, keep a clone back and reveg it in a little-used closet somewhere. I'm sure you can keep a bonsai of it in your pocket if need be. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I must say that I have been wrestling with that issue for awhile now. I can always get more Blue Cheese seed from Alexis at M.O.N. But getting another clone only strain of Ken's GDP... Well that is a whole other matter!

You will be happy to hear that I have decided to attempt to overwinter one of my GDP plants after harvest. I am leaning towards GDP #2 simply because it struggled the longest to reveg this spring but then exploded with some very impressive veg growth and now it has well over 10 sizeable colas on it! It is in a 3.5 AirPot too, so it would be easier to squeeze it into the tub with a couple of my Japaleno plants that I am going to overwinter this year so that we can hopefully have pepper all through the winter!

Here is a photo of the GDP plant I am referring to:

P10133471.JPG

Earlier in the season...

P1013139.JPG

Here are a few photos of some of the other plants I snapped earlier this morning...

M.O.N. Harlequin #4
(Chopping this last one tomorrow morning... "Sunday")

P1013346.JPG

M.O.N. Purple Diesel

P10133482.JPG

M.O.N. GrandPa Larry OG

P10133501.JPG

GDP #5

P1013349.JPG

I will be harvesting H4 tomorrow as I said, and then it will be on to some of the M.O.N clones such as the Purple Diesel and the Grandpa Larry. The Blue Cheese is still not showing much amber yet, so I am going to hold on those.

The GDP should be ready at the end of next week, but we are going to be having a record breaking heat wave up here starting tomorrow, so that could delays things a week or two since our overnights will not be cold enough to get the GDP purple enough at the 8 week mark.

Nice! I am so glad to hear your going to continue the gdp genetics! Thank you! Some guys here keep them like bonsai plants in very small spaces which I have plans to do in the future. That grandpa og looks interesting!:thumb:

Nice! I am so glad to hear your going to continue the gdp genetics! Thank you! Some guys here keep them like bonsai plants in very small spaces which I have plans to do in the future. That grandpa og looks interesting!:thumb:

Thanks Gitter!

We shall see how it goes. I would love to prune the plant into a Bonsai like Mr. Krip does with some of his mother plants. I'm still going to refrain from one of my typical mega grows next year, but if I do get this GDP to reveg, I might clone it out with maybe FOUR cuttings and put them out next year. I just don't want to have to deal with a 20+ plant grow next year. Just too much work for me at this point in time.

I've got another packet of M.O.N. Harlequin seeds, so I may plant those next year, mainly to see if I can get a MALE. I would love to cross this Harlequin with my GDP! I think that combo would be an awesome strain!

That M.O.N. Grandpa Larry OG does look good. The colas look nearly identical in size to my M.O.N Purple Diesel but without the purple pigment.

Spider Mite Infestation Gone Wild!
A Cautionary Tale

My pollenated GDP plant is about 5 days away from the final chop as the seeds are starting to poke out of the bud tops. I already snipped a couple of the larger colas last night and vaccuum sealed them in a freezer bag to kill off any spider mites that may be lurking. I am going to take these buds out of the bag in a few days and dry them normally on a drying tray. I just need to make sure that I suffocate any spider mites that may be hiding in the outer bud leaves.

The main concern here is spreading the infestation to other plants, so I am treating this plant like toxic waste with all the safety precautions associated with a contamination. After all the seed containing buds have been snipped off the plant, I will vacuum seal them for a few days. The remaing plant will go immediately into a trash bag while still in the tub. Then that remaining plant material will head down to the dumpster sealed tightly in the garbage bag. Then we will need to disinfect the entire bathroom grow space with bleach multiple times to kill everything that may remain on the walls and in the tub.

This was done last winter before this plant was put in there, but as you will see, the mites still managed to find their way into the room and onto the plant! They are in the air, so totally eliminating the threat is an excersise in futility!

NO FUN! But often an unfortunate reality of growing indoors.

I thought I would post a few photos of what a spider mite infestation looks like if gone unchecked. They don't call them "SPIDER" mites for nothing! These little suckers have started weaving fine web structures all over the tops of the flower buds, and across many of the larger fan leaves. They have sucked the life out of a good many of the leaves, but since none of this really effects the seed production (in the wild, Cannabis here in California is almost always covered in mite webs by this time of the year).

They also seem to prefer PURPLE strains over other strains. My GDP plants have had far more mite problems than anything else I have ever grown. My Harlequin and Blue Cheese have no signs of even the slightest mite infestation, yet most of my GDP out back have some early signs, but the cold overnights up here helps to keep them at bay.

Check out these photos:

You can see some of the larger mites shuttling back and forth over their web network! Those little dots hanging in the air are the mites running around on their web threads.

P1013352.JPG

This flower top is shrouded in a thin white layer of mite web!

P10133551.JPG

Fan Leaf Damage

P1013356.JPG
P10133531.JPG

So... If you start seeing any signs of Spider Mites, get out the Neem Oil and water in a spray bottle and go at the plant agressively. They live on the "underside" of the fan leaves, so you need to be able to spray the Neem Oil directly onto the underside of the plant's leaves. If the plant is small enough, put it on its side or totally upside down to make it easier to hit every single one of the leaves.

You will need to repeat this process multiple times until all signs of mites are gone, including their little green eggs! A jewlers loupe is a MUST for confirming a mite infestation in the making, so if you don't already have one, GET ONE! ;)

EDIT: As Gittergreen suggested...SNS is also an excellent kill on contact solution, but you need to hit the mites and their eggs directly with it to kill them. Any mites or eggs hiding under a missed leaf will live to breed or hatch and soon you will be right back where you started!

Hope everyone has found this post useful! These little buggers are probably the biggest threat to any Cannabis crop, and infect INDOOR grows far more rapidly than the same strain grown outdoors.

:thumb:

damn mate, them mites spread like crazy, ive been lucky to not have any problems with them yet, but im sure the longer i grow the more liklely that ill get them, just hope when i do get them that i catch them early enough, wouldnt want them getting crazy on my plants like they have with yours,

do they damage the buds or just the leaves?

That gives me chills just looking at them! I used the SNS product and it really worked good for them. I am considering removing all the vegging plants and using a doctor doom bomb before I flower and then using the SNS once before I go 12/12 and then about another week spray again, just as a preventative maintenance.

I hear ya on the 20+ plants thats a lot of mixing nutes and ph up and down. :thumb:

damn mate, them mites spread like crazy, ive been lucky to not have any problems with them yet, but im sure the longer i grow the more liklely that ill get them, just hope when i do get them that i catch them early enough, wouldnt want them getting crazy on my plants like they have with yours,

do they damage the buds or just the leaves?

Fortunately, this is the ONLY plant I have with this kind of mite problem. Growing indoors is a lot riskier up here when it comes to mites. One of the many reasons I started doing 100% outdoor grows!

Normally, I would NEVER let them get this entrenched, but since this plant was always going to be a seed only harvest, I didn't bother trying to knock them out completely. I did spray this plant several times with Neem Oil when I first started to see signs, but it didn't get rid of them completely as you can see from those photos. They breed like crazy, so you can go from a handful of mites to thousands in less than 2 weeks!

That gives me chills just looking at them! I used the SNS product and it really worked good for them. I am considering removing all the vegging plants and using a doctor doom bomb before I flower and then using the SNS once before I go 12/12 and then about another week spray again, just as a preventative maintenance.

I hear ya on the 20+ plants thats a lot of mixing nutes and ph up and down. :thumb:

That SNS stuff does work wonders on mites! I ran out of that last season and never got around to buying more. Neem Oil is the historic treatment, but since it screws with the bug's genetics and breeding ability, it takes time to see an effect unlike the SNS which kills them and their eggs on contact.

Using a bomb in your grow space with the plants removed sounds like a good security measure, but since these things are in the air in most areas of the country, there is no sure fire way to totally remove the potential threat. I would also spray the plants down with SNS just before you switch over to 12/12. It is MUCH easier to deal with this problem when the plants are still in veg!

They can effect the quality of your bud if you let them get out of control, but if you are just growing the plant for seed, they can't really do any damage to those. This is a natural pest for Cannabis, so the plants have evolved to complete their cycle even when totally infested. As I mentioned, I have seen wild Cannabis back in the forest completely covered in mite web. Many of the natural plant species here in the Sierra end up covered in mite web in the fall.

In terms of protecting your crops...

You just have to remain vigilant, and try to avoid keeping your plants too close together. If they start infecting one plant, they can easily leap onto other plants nearby, and before you know it, your entire grow has mites!

P.S. You NAILED it with your comments about mixing nutes for 20+ plants! Although I am a "Less is More" grower in terms of how often I feed my plants, I still have to do it enough times during the season that it can be a pain. Especially if I am not feeling up to PHing 12 two gallon watering can's worth of plant food! ;)

damn, really that quick, i think ill try and pick some mite stuff up from garden center just in case, it could easily get out of control in a few weeks then, so would neem oil be good to use early on to stop them spreading, i take it once it gets to bad its difficult to get rid of using neem oil, ill have a look around the shops and see what i can pick up, at least if ive got it then i know i can use it when needed, it will only be a matter of time before i get them, im sure everyone does at one point or another, at least having something to use will give me some defence when the time comes.

thanks for the info, reps if it lets me, yep it let me, reps for you mate

damn, really that quick, i think ill try and pick some mite stuff up from garden center just in case, it could easily get out of control in a few weeks then, so would neem oil be good to use early on to stop them spreading, i take it once it gets to bad its difficult to get rid of using neem oil, ill have a look around the shops and see what i can pick up, at least if ive got it then i know i can use it when needed, it will only be a matter of time before i get them, im sure everyone does at one point or another, at least having something to use will give me some defence when the time comes.

thanks for the info, reps if it lets me, yep it let me, reps for you mate

Thanks for the Reps! :thumb:

I would get some SNS Spider Mite Control which is one of the 420 sponsors here! It is safe to use and totally natural. Click the link above for more info! (I need to get some more of this stuff myself!)

Neem Oil is good for prevention more than dealing with a growing infestation. Many use it on flowering plants because it isn't as toxic as some of the stronger solutions. It degrades relatively fast, so you can spray it on buds by accident and still safely consume that same bud a few weeks later.

As a rule, you want to get rid of mites before flowering starts, but if they attack in the middle of flower, then you need to be careful with anything you use and try to avoid getting anything directly on the buds. The mites tend to live on the leaves and not so much up in the sticky parts. The trichomes are part of the plant's defenses against insects eating the seeds. Kind of like that insect eating HoneyDew plant, only on a smaller scale. ;)

YAY! And good call on overwintering #2. I was beginning to get a feeling of dread as we neared harvest, knowing that you have the original Grandaddy Purple, and did not want to even consider the trouble of you trying to find it again when you did decide to grow again. Maybe you can reveg it a bit, and make it a bit bigger, then put it into flower, spraying half of the plant with CS to let her pollinate herself, and lock away some of the seeds in an archival storage? That way at least the genetics survive while you vacation with your current bud. I'd really hate for you to lose those genetics, brother. I know what a pain it is trying to get TRUE genetics, unless you get it directly from the breeder, and I don't know if Ken is even willing to share any more cuts nowadays. Sorry, if this seems pushy, but I really think that with *our* love of purples this one is one that we should not let slip through the fingers, y'know?

And about the spider mites. Glad that was a seed plant and not one to smoke! Holy crap, they really exploded in there. I'd vacuum seal everything I got off that plant for a week just to be sure that the mites are gone. Seeds still breathe, so they'd need to me let out after that, but dayumm... Hey, I have a pretty good recipe for spider mites, as well, and I know how you are with Making, rather than buying. I know you've probably seen it before, but it's not been posted here yet, I think, so here it is.

For Spider Mites:
3 Full-Flavor cigarettes soak them over night in water (Keep the water and use it below, throw the cigs away).
3 cloves of garlic
2 small cayenne peppers or any other small, hot pepper available to you.

Finely chop all ingredients.
Combine all in a medium saucepan with 5 cups cold water.
Bring to a boil, reduce heal and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat, and let completely cool to room temperature.
Strain first through a wire strainer, then through a coffee filter.
Add 2-3 drops of liquid dish soap to the mixture.(FOR WASHING BY HAND, NOT MACHINE)
Pour into spray bottle and soak tops, undersides, soil, and anything around the plants.
Set in FULL SUN to dry.
Repeat as needed, up to 3 to 4 times a week.

YAY! And good call on overwintering #2. I was beginning to get a feeling of dread as we neared harvest, knowing that you have the original Grandaddy Purple, and did not want to even consider the trouble of you trying to find it again when you did decide to grow again. Maybe you can reveg it a bit, and make it a bit bigger, then put it into flower, spraying half of the plant with CS to let her pollinate herself, and lock away some of the seeds in an archival storage? That way at least the genetics survive while you vacation with your current bud. I'd really hate for you to lose those genetics, brother. I know what a pain it is trying to get TRUE genetics, unless you get it directly from the breeder, and I don't know if Ken is even willing to share any more cuts nowadays. Sorry, if this seems pushy, but I really think that with *our* love of purples this one is one that we should not let slip through the fingers, y'know?

And about the spider mites. Glad that was a seed plant and not one to smoke! Holy crap, they really exploded in there. I'd vacuum seal everything I got off that plant for a week just to be sure that the mites are gone. Seeds still breathe, so they'd need to me let out after that, but dayumm... Hey, I have a pretty good recipe for spider mites, as well, and I know how you are with Making, rather than buying. I know you've probably seen it before, but it's not been posted here yet, I think, so here it is.

For Spider Mites:
3 Full-Flavor cigarettes soak them over night in water (Keep the water and use it below, throw the cigs away).
3 cloves of garlic
2 small cayenne peppers or any other small, hot pepper available to you.

Finely chop all ingredients.
Combine all in a medium saucepan with 5 cups cold water.
Bring to a boil, reduce heal and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat, and let completely cool to room temperature.
Strain first through a wire strainer, then through a coffee filter.
Add 2-3 drops of liquid dish soap to the mixture.(FOR WASHING BY HAND, NOT MACHINE)
Pour into spray bottle and soak tops, undersides, soil, and anything around the plants.
Set in FULL SUN to dry.
Repeat as needed, up to 3 to 4 times a week.

Thanks for all the great info Jandre!

What is this "CS" that you are referring to? I don't have much experience with breeding so the term is not familiar to me. Can I assume that you can treat a female plant with this "CS" material and force it to create its own seeds without the pollen from a male plant? IF that is the case, then I simply must get my hands on some!

A seed version of my GDP would be EXACTLY what I would like to have preserved for future use. That would surely beat having to constantly keep a GDP clone alive all year round under grow lights!

Thanks in advance for any additional info on that specific question!

Your Spider Mite killer recipe sounds intriguing as well! Have you tried that mixture yourself? Just curious as to how effective it is. Does it kill on contact as SNS does? Or is it a more long term treatment alternative like Neem Oil?

Cheers and thanks again in advance! :)

GDP Seed Project Harvest Photos
Vacuum sealed to kill off any pesky Spider Mites before drying begins

After closely inspecting this plant earlier this evening, I decided to go ahead and harvest any colas that felt like they had seeds in them. As I clipped them off I aggresively shook each one to knock as many mites off as possible, wiped off any web goo and then gave them a quick fan leaf trim before placing them into the vacuum sealer bags. We have a really nice restaurant grade vacuum sealer that we use in our kitchen all the time, so I came up with the idea of using this device to remove all the oxygen from the bags, and hopefully suffocate any lingering mites! I have heard of folks using these machines for preserving fresh bud, but I personally prefer my slow gradual curing process which has always worked great for me.

Since this plant was so pathetically infested with Spider Mites as you saw in one of my recent photo updates, I needed to make sure that any mites or eggs hiding in these flower tops were truly dead before I risked putting this bud onto drying trays in one of our several drying closets that will soon be filling up with my consumable and mite free bud!

This plant would have hit the 10 week mark this coming Thursday and all but the most lower colas had gone completely purple. Even through the textured plastic of the freezer bags, you can see how dark those things are! The green you see in the bags is some of the lower colas that felt like they had seeds in them, and were also far less infested with mites. So... These bags contain a mix of both the larger dark purple upper colas as well as some lower branch colas that were still green when I chopped them off.

The rest of the infested plant was quickly transferred into a garbage bag for disposal in our dumpster. Didn't want any risk of these mites getting anywhere near my other living plants out back! Its going to be a big job swabbing down that bathroom grow space with disinfectant and bleach to make sure that nothing resembling a spider mite remains! ;)

Here are some quick flash photos of the vacuum sealed colas! ;)

P1013363.JPG
P1013361.JPG
P1013358.JPG

The next step of course will be to remove these from the vacuum bags in 4-5 days and place them on a drying rack so that they can dry to a crumble. It will then just be a matter of separating the seeds from the chaff and storing them in a small glass jar for later use.

GDPR is Born!
:cheer:

Harlequin #1 Bud Submitted to the October "NUG of the MONTH" contest!

I've only entered that particular 420 Mag contest once before back in 2011, so I thought it might be worth giving it another shot! ;) I could really use some more of that SNS Spider Mite potion for one thing! :biglaugh:

Seriously though...There is already some impressive competition! I see that Jandre has also decided to enter this month's contest, which I didn't realize until after I had posted my own entry. Nice looking specimen there my friend! :thumb:

Anyway... It should be an interesting contest regardless of who actually ends up bringing home the proverbial bacon! :rocker:

You can check out my entry post HERE

I welcome your vote if you choose to participate in the voting this month! :)

I love my live ladybugs. they work great in a greenhouse ...I saw a young one this morning. And it has been 2 months since i let them go.I grow lady bugs to. 4500 delivered in 2 days for 40 dollars.

I love my live ladybugs. they work great in a greenhouse ...I saw a young one this morning. And it has been 2 months since i let them go.I grow lady bugs to. 4500 delivered in 2 days for 40 dollars.

We have them wild up here. In fact, folks from down south come up here to the Sierra to collect them. Unfortunately, this crazy weather the last year or so has really reduced the number of Ladybugs I have seen in the garden of late. No doubt they would devour Spider Mites if they found them! ;)

I might consider buying some the next time I do a grow and see what happens! :)

Thanks for mentioning this! Can't get any more natural mite control than that eh? ;)

Thanks for all the great info Jandre!

What is this "CS" that you are referring to? I don't have much experience with breeding so the term is not familiar to me. Can I assume that you can treat a female plant with this "CS" material and force it to create its own seeds without the pollen from a male plant? IF that is the case, then I simply must get my hands on some!

A seed version of my GDP would be EXACTLY what I would like to have preserved for future use. That would surely beat having to constantly keep a GDP clone alive all year round under grow lights!

Thanks in advance for any additional info on that specific question!

Your Spider Mite killer recipe sounds intriguing as well! Have you tried that mixture yourself? Just curious as to how effective it is. Does it kill on contact as SNS does? Or is it a more long term treatment alternative like Neem Oil?

Cheers and thanks again in advance! :)

Colloidal Silver. It forces the plant to produce pollen that has only female chromosomes, thus you get all YY seeds. No male means no "X" factor, and instant pheno lock. Perfect genetics preserved in their own little stasis pods.

Start spraying a couple of future bud sites when you put the plant into flower (in the bathroom) and keep spraying until you see either male flowers forming, or that they're about to open. (I'm not sure exactly, if that's how long they should be sprayed). The rest of the plant, let form female flowers. self crossing is the simplest way to get the exact genetics you want into seed form.

Now, you can make your own, or you can go the expensive route and buy it... I would suggest what you're already thinking.... MAKE IT!

As for the Spider Mite control: Yes, I have used it EXTENSIVELY in the past, luckily, I haven't needed it in my inside grow just yet. I know that I will someday. I have suggested it to others, but none have reported their success with it on Cannabis. I would assume that it responds like a tomato would, since cannabis and tomato act similarly. I used it like mad on my tomatoes in Texas, we had red spider mites- pesky buggers. This would kill them pretty well, without the fear of what it will do to the family that eats the fruit. I only had to keep spraying every two days for about two weeks to get the hatching mites... Granted, that's a lot of spraying, but when I consider the toxic alternatives, and since I was out with the plants every day, anyway, that is what I used.

GDP Seed Project Harvest Photos
Vacuum sealed to kill off any pesky Spider Mites before drying begins

After closely inspecting this plant earlier this evening, I decided to go ahead and harvest any colas that felt like they had seeds in them. As I clipped them off I aggresively shook each one to knock as many mites off as possible, wiped off any web goo and then gave them a quick fan leaf trim before placing them into the vacuum sealer bags. We have a really nice restaurant grade vacuum sealer that we use in our kitchen all the time, so I came up with the idea of using this device to remove all the oxygen from the bags, and hopefully suffocate any lingering mites! I have heard of folks using these machines for preserving fresh bud, but I personally prefer my slow gradual curing process which has always worked great for me.

Since this plant was so pathetically infested with Spider Mites as you saw in one of my recent photo updates, I needed to make sure that any mites or eggs hiding in these flower tops were truly dead before I risked putting this bud onto drying trays in one of our several drying closets that will soon be filling up with my consumable and mite free bud!

This plant would have hit the 10 week mark this coming Thursday and all but the most lower colas had gone completely purple. Even through the textured plastic of the freezer bags, you can see how dark those things are! The green you see in the bags is some of the lower colas that felt like they had seeds in them, and were also far less infested with mites. So... These bags contain a mix of both the larger dark purple upper colas as well as some lower branch colas that were still green when I chopped them off.

The rest of the infested plant was quickly transferred into a garbage bag for disposal in our dumpster. Didn't want any risk of these mites getting anywhere near my other living plants out back! Its going to be a big job swabbing down that bathroom grow space with disinfectant and bleach to make sure that nothing resembling a spider mite remains! ;)

Here are some quick flash photos of the vacuum sealed colas! ;)

P1013358.JPG

The next step of course will be to remove these from the vacuum bags in 4-5 days and place them on a drying rack so that they can dry to a crumble. It will then just be a matter of separating the seeds from the chaff and storing them in a small glass jar for later use.

GDPR is Born!
:cheer:
Excellent! Wonderful! I just harvested my F1 of jandre Kush tonight! Grats, Papa! and good thinking on the Seal-a-Bud.

Harlequin #1 Bud Submitted to the October "NUG of the MONTH" contest!

I've only entered that particular 420 Mag contest once before back in 2011, so I thought it might be worth giving it another shot! ;) I could really use some more of that SNS Spider Mite potion for one thing! :biglaugh:

Seriously though...There is already some impressive competition! I see that Jandre has also decided to enter this month's contest, which I didn't realize until after I had posted my own entry. Nice looking specimen there my friend! :thumb:

Anyway... It should be an interesting contest regardless of who actually ends up bringing home the proverbial bacon! :rocker:

You can check out my entry post HERE

I welcome your vote if you choose to participate in the voting this month! :)

Yeah, I know I'll lose this month too with a nug like that. That is one extremely good looking bud, brother. Be proud!

@jandre, thanks for the info bro, ill reps you if i can, great recipe, thanks mate, ill write it down for when the time comes.

i spent a few hours last night getting the seeds out of the 3 buds i pollenated on the reserva privada sour kush, i would say the weight of the buds was between 6 and 7g, the buds where packed with seeds, i must have around 300 plus seeds out of these few buds, the outside of the bud was covered in seed pods, then when i broke the bud open it was just full of seeds, i collected them but got more to do, i then gave each seed a gentle squeeze and some cracked and had nothing inside, id say 1 out of every 20 seeds was easy to break with nothing inside, but the rest where ok, i put some in the fridge to winter for 24 hours and i took them out and soaked around 10 on paper towels to check germination rates, plus i will get the strongest male and female and cross them to try and make a more stable strain, i crossed reserva privada sour kush with an unknown kiwi seed male, the kiwi seed was a mixed bag of kiwi seed so could be anyone of 6 top kiwi strains, so i need a name for this seed, for now its called dons master kush, so ill grow it out and see how it grows and check the buds.

ive also got an auto to harvest its a bluematic cross with an amazing ak47 cross uk cherry cheese male, the ak47 cross uk cherry cheese was a bag of seeds i got from a seed bank and its a new strain their bringing out but it has not been named yet, the buds are huge and ive got a fem growing from this strain, i had 2 seeds left and ended up with a male and fem so i crossed them with each other to keep the ak47 cross uk cherry cheese strain as its a nice strain with some very nice buds, i put pollen on a few buds and the rest is bud with no pollen, so i crossed the pollen from the male with the bluematic, so im hoping that some of these seeds will be auto and should give me a good yield, again ill get a male and fem thats auto from this cross and try and make a decent auto.

i was shocked at how many seeds i got from these small pile of buds, their is less than a 1/4 and i ended up with a huge bag of seeds, id say easily 300, so ill be growing some of these when they sprout and ill give a few close grower friends some so they can try them, im hoping its going to give me some very nice smoke, im not to fussed about how stable they are, if it gives me nice buds then ill be very happy indeed, so i ended up with plenty of seeds to keep me going, plus im pleased with the results as its my first go at crossing strains, below is what i crossed and what i need names for.
reserva privada sour kush female cross with kiwi seeds male, possibly sour kiwi kush, for now its called don's master kush
the next cross i got is a bluematic auto fem cross with ak47 cross uk cherry cheese male
ak47 cross uk cherry cheese female cross with male of the same strain.

Colloidal Silver. It forces the plant to produce pollen that has only female chromosomes, thus you get all YY seeds. No male means no "X" factor, and instant pheno lock. Perfect genetics preserved in their own little stasis pods.

Start spraying a couple of future bud sites when you put the plant into flower (in the bathroom) and keep spraying until you see either male flowers forming, or that they're about to open. (I'm not sure exactly, if that's how long they should be sprayed). The rest of the plant, let form female flowers. self crossing is the simplest way to get the exact genetics you want into seed form.

Now, you can make your own, or you can go the expensive route and buy it... I would suggest what you're already thinking.... MAKE IT!

As for the Spider Mite control: Yes, I have used it EXTENSIVELY in the past, luckily, I haven't needed it in my inside grow just yet. I know that I will someday. I have suggested it to others, but none have reported their success with it on Cannabis. I would assume that it responds like a tomato would, since cannabis and tomato act similarly. I used it like mad on my tomatoes in Texas, we had red spider mites- pesky buggers. This would kill them pretty well, without the fear of what it will do to the family that eats the fruit. I only had to keep spraying every two days for about two weeks to get the hatching mites... Granted, that's a lot of spraying, but when I consider the toxic alternatives, and since I was out with the plants every day, anyway, that is what I used.

Excellent! Wonderful! I just harvested my F1 of jandre Kush tonight! Grats, Papa! and good thinking on the Seal-a-Bud.

Yeah, I know I'll lose this month too with a nug like that. That is one extremely good looking bud, brother. Be proud!

Awesome! :thumb:

Thanks for all that great info! REPS to you my friend, and well deserved as usual!! I will definitely give this a try if I am successful in getting the surviving harvested GDP to reveg and make it through the winter. I believe that this will be the 7th generation of GDP I have produced by cloning my three original clones. I have noticed that the plants are getting a bit harder to reveg each time now than previous generations of clones were two years ago. "Long in the Tooth" genetically speaking perhaps?

It would be truly fantastic if I was able to get pure GDP genetics in seed form! I had already planned to overwinter a few of our pepper plants including a new "ORANGE" Jalepeno mutant that we produced this season, so adding a harvested GDP plant in a 3.5 gallon AirPot to the tub isn't going cause me any more work than I would have to manage with just peppers in there anyway. ;)

Do you have any links to a "HOW TO" regarding making your own "Colloidal Silver" spray solution?

Thanks for the kind words regarding the Harlequin bud I entered in the Nug contest! :Namaste: It took me a while to get my entry posted that night because one of the two large version images of that bud in my gallery got corrupted somehow on the 420 server side. I failed to save the original here on my end, so I had to settle for the smaller preview sized version. By the time I finally got around to posting my entry, you had posted your bud photos!

Oh well... Your bud looks really nice too, so I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up winning! I'm seeing some other nice looking buds posted this month too, so it should prove to be an interesting contest regardles of who ends up taking 1st place! ;)

Thanks again for the info! You da man! :)

Awesome! :thumb:

Thanks for all that great info! REPS to you my friend, and well deserved as usual!! I will definitely give this a try if I am successful in getting the surviving harvested GDP to reveg and make it through the winter. I believe that this will be the 7th generation of GDP I have produced by cloning my three original clones. I have noticed that the plants are getting a bit harder to reveg each time now than previous generations of clones were two years ago. "Long in the Tooth" genetically speaking perhaps?

It would be truly fantastic if I was able to get pure GDP genetics in seed form! I had already planned to overwinter a few of our pepper plants including a new "ORANGE" Jalepeno mutant that we produced this season, so adding a harvested GDP plant in a 3.5 gallon AirPot to the tub isn't going cause me any more work than I would have to manage with just peppers in there anyway. ;)

Do you have any links to a "HOW TO" regarding making your own "Colloidal Silver" spray solution?

Thanks for the kind words regarding the Harlequin bud I entered in the Nug contest! :Namaste: It took me a while to get my entry posted that night because one of the two large version images of that bud in my gallery got corrupted somehow on the 420 server side. I failed to save the original here on my end, so I had to settle for the smaller preview sized version. By the time I finally got around to posting my entry, you had posted your bud photos!

Oh well... Your bud looks really nice too, so I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up winning! I'm seeing some other nice looking buds posted this month too, so it should prove to be an interesting contest regardles of who ends up taking 1st place! ;)

Thanks again for the info! You da man! :)
Definitely sounds like some clone burnout happening.

Actually, BID has a good CS Generator DIY thread with a little discussion on it: DIY How to Make Your Own Colloidal Silver for Feminized Seed Production

As far as winning the NotM, really think you'll have this one from the gate, and everyone will be hard pressed to even try to keep up. No winning by a nose this month. That's my prediction.

Thank you for the rep on that post... Mighty kind of ya!

Definitely sounds like some clone burnout happening.

Actually, BID has a good CS Generator DIY thread with a little discussion on it: DIY How to Make Your Own Colloidal Silver for Feminized Seed Production

As far as winning the NotM, really think you'll have this one from the gate, and everyone will be hard pressed to even try to keep up. No winning by a nose this month. That's my prediction.

Thank you for the rep on that post... Mighty kind of ya!

Thanks man! I will definitely check out that link! I always like to read up on any process thoroughly before attempting to do something new and unfamiliar.

Regarding the NUG of the Month contest...

I've learned to be cautious about these contests, but in this case, I hope you're right! I could definitely use that SNS gift pack! ;)

Havest Update...

Also wanted to update everyone about the state of my harvesting. We have been suffering through yet another heat wave up here (Highs in the low to mid 90s!) which has slowed down the trichome change progress. One GDP is just now starting to show some significant signs of going towards amber. A cool down begins today, so I am leaning towards giving everything a few more days at least to experience some 50 degree or lower nights before I chop anything else.

Going to keep checking twice a day though, so if that GDP for example starts to really go amber, I could chop it as soon as tonight or tomorrow morning.

Will keep you guys posted!

Cheers and thanks again for all the great info and support!

P.S. Uploading some GDP photos taken early this morning and will post them shortly.

Stay tuned! :)

Back
Top Bottom