GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

damn mate, sounds like a shitty land lord then, the problem is with moving is finding somewhere that you can continue to do what you do, at least your landlord is ok with that, holding you to ransom for water is no good, good job you dont go round wasting it, isnt their anyway you could have a water butt and collect rain water and just use that for the garden, chances are you all ready do this, just trying to think of ways to help you mate

Maybe If We Were Not In A Drought, Every Year It Seems Like, Since I Was 4 Years Old!!!:high-five: Plus, I DO NOT WANT TO ADD ANY MORE PROPERTY VALUE TO THIS PROPERTY OF HIS, PERIOD!!! I have added so much value with the Things I Have Added to This Property, Makes Me ILL!!! I BUILT THE GARDEN, Fencing, Back Hoe For Leveling The Ground, The Entire Satellite TV, Computer Satellite, Veggie Garden, ETC, ETC!!! He Should Give Me A Percentage, If he Ever SELLS!!! The B..TARD!!!! Sorry Don, He Just Makes Me See Red, and Yeah He Lets Me Grow, and Believe Me, He Does Not Let Me forget IT!!! Sometimes I Just.... SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

sounds like your doing him the favour then mate by keeping his property up to date, sounds like a right idiot to me, in it for what he can get but wont give anything back himself, just make sure you create some problems when you leave, let him spend his own cash on the property, paybacks a bitch and sounds like he deserves it,

GDP 5 - Weigh In

Just got done with the final trim on GDP #5 and the totals are in!

The main colas that were very closely trimmed tipped the scales at 4.05 oz. The medium and smaller sized bud from the lower branches came in at 1.55 oz.

The grand total of dried, well manicured bud is... 5.60 oz! :thumb:

main_bud_close_trim.JPG
lower_branches.JPG

Grandpa Larry OG Harvest photos coming up shortly so stay tuned! :)

M.O.N. Grandpa Larry OG Harvest!

With our drying closets bursting at the seams with everything we have harvested over the last few days, I had to put off harvesting GDP #2 until tomorrow morning. In the meantime, I did make enough room in one of the closets to hold the bud from this smaller M.O.N. clone that I raised in one of those 1.5 gallon Air Pots. Just like the Grand Tahoe we harvested a few days ago, this plant was about the same height, but had a bit more bud on it than the Tahoe had.

We will start with some pre-harvest photos including a recap of a few I took of this plant the other day.

Medicinal Organic Nursery Grandpa Larry OG • Pre-Harvest

P10102133.JPG
P10102102.JPG
P10102752.JPG

After the chop and rough trim...

P1010276.JPG
P1010277.JPG
P1010278.JPG
P1010279.JPG
P1010281.JPG
P10102821.JPG
P1010283.JPG

This strain doesn't have any of that purple or red color to it. A greener colored bud more similar to Blue Cheese but with a more pine smell to it. Not sure what the genetics of this strain is exactly, but I don't believe that it has any of the usual Grand Daddy Blueberry that M.O.N. tends to use as the female in many of their other strains.

Overall, an impressive yield from such a small plant, and again, I have to give a tip of the hat to the 1.5 gallon Air Pot for allowing a three foot+ tall plant to grow to full term in something so small!

The next harvest on the list will likely be another of the smaller M.O.N. clones called "Inferno", followed later on Saturday by the big GDP #2 havest!

Stay tuned folks! :thanks:

5.60 OZ'S Of Primo Herb, You Cannot Beat That, and It Does Look Special GG7!!! Beautiful MMJ, Just Beautiful!!!:high-five: I Once Again Tip My Hat Too You Sir!!!:bravo: Truly Some Of The Very Best Pictures I Have Seen, Your Camera Truly Works It's Wonders!!!:goodjob::adore::adore: And Don, That Crab Apple, Likes To Pull Sneaky, Drop A Bomb On You Shit, Like say To You The day You Got Your Garden FULLY Planted, That He was gonna Have To Ask You To leave, unless you Could pay The Up In Rent, A Day After You Got your Fooking Garden all Planted And READY TO GO!!! What a SAD UNHAPPY B..tard He Is!!! He is Cursed I Say:thedoubletake:!!!

It Has Been a Very Gloomy day Today, Temps In The 65 High to Low 50's Range, Colder after Dark!!! Thought it Had Rained, and Maybe a Sprinkle, not Quite sure, but Ground was Wet this morning, and it looked Damp, But That Can Be Normal Moisture seeping out of The Earth!!! As the Humidity Rises. Well Take Care!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

5.60 OZ'S Of Primo Herb, You Cannot Beat That, and It Does Look Special GG7!!! Beautiful MMJ, Just Beautiful!!!:high-five: I Once Again Tip My Hat Too You Sir!!!:bravo: Truly Some Of The Very Best Pictures I Have Seen, Your Camera Truly Works It's Wonders!!!:goodjob::adore::adore: And Don, That Crab Apple, Likes To Pull Sneaky, Drop A Bomb On You Shit, Like say To You The day You Got Your Garden FULLY Planted, That He was gonna Have To Ask You To leave, unless you Could pay The Up In Rent, A Day After You Got your Fooking Garden all Planted And READY TO GO!!! What a SAD UNHAPPY B..tard He Is!!! He is Cursed I Say:thedoubletake:!!!

It Has Been a Very Gloomy day Today, Temps In The 65 High to Low 50's Range, Colder after Dark!!! Thought it Had Rained, and Maybe a Sprinkle, not Quite sure, but Ground was Wet this morning, and it looked Damp, But That Can Be Normal Moisture seeping out of The Earth!!! As the Humidity Rises. Well Take Care!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

Thanks again James for your kind words and encouragement! :)

I was obviously VERY pleased to see those numbers on the scale! If GDP 5 produced that much dense bud, then I can't wait to see how much we end up with from GDP #2 which has about 40% more large colas on it than 5 did! :yahoo:

Not surprised that you have had the cloudy damp weather just like we have here. I am about 100 miles south east of your location near Yosemite Park and we pulled in 0.26 inches of rain since Thursday! Our first rainfall of the season and the first precipitation since May 26th! Needless to say, we were more than happy to get it, even though it kind of created a hassle for me in terms of getting all the plants under cover or harvested if they couldn't be moved! Fortunately, this first rain of the season came in about a week later than most years which was just about perfect timing for me!

Our fire danger has been pegged at EXTREME since mid-August, so I was more than happy to deal with the wet weather in exchange for lowering our fears about a wild-fire sweeping through here and wiping us out! This is always a concern up here in the Sierra this time of year, but we also got less than half our normal rainfall last winter which made things even more scarry!

Hell! Yosemite Falls has been totally dry since mid-August for the first time in 100+ years of record keeping!

We're still dry in Sac Valley. Cooler... cloudy... threatening rain... but still dry. sigh.

That sucks that you guys didn't get anything from that system that just came through here. It definitely wasn't a very impressive storm, and nothing like what we really need for the whole state!

I hear word that we are supposed to be getting a mild El Nino this winter which is good news for us and as far north as where you are. Not so much for extreme Northern Cal beyond where James lives or further up to Oregon and Washington State. So far, I am not seeing any evidence of this happening, but sometimes it takes till November or December before that pattern begins to manifest itself in the weather patterns.

I'm just relieved that we got just over a quarter of an inch! That is just enough to dial back the fire danger up here, at least for awhile. Was just listening to the weather radio and they are now talking about another warm up by Sunday! Arrgh! Enough already!

I like a nice sunny day as much as anyone, but NOT NOW!! We need a good winter this year! Can't tell you how distressing it is to look at the Yosemite Falls web cam and see a barren DRY cliff with no sign of a waterfall! I never thought I would ever see something so disturbing as that! Kind of like waking up one day and finding the Sacramento river gone and the river bed bone dry!

Climate change is a scarry thing! And it is happening right before our eyes! Can't believe there are still people out there who say it is some kind of a hoax! Thats crazy talk! :loopy:

i got a reply from herbies today, he told me his gdp is direct from ken, herbie said he is the supplier of the seeds and they would not market a gdp as ken estes if it was not direct from him. so ill be placing an order for some on wed, they are regular seeds and not fem so i dont think ken went down the fem root, so ken must of had a male and female from his gdp stock, but the seeds are regular and not fem, so if he used that silver stuff he would of ended up with fem seeds,

so how did he get regular seeds without a male, he either had some seeds stashed away that he grew a male from or could he of used the silver stuff and got the pollen and then grew out the seeds hoping one would be male, the problem is using the silver stuff it gives fem seeds, so how do you think he got the male plant to get these regular seeds, if it was crossed with some other gdp strain then it would not be the original from the clone only that gg7 grew,

i got a reply from herbies today, he told me his gdp is direct from ken, herbie said he is the supplier of the seeds and they would not market a gdp as ken estes if it was not direct from him. so ill be placing an order for some on wed, they are regular seeds and not fem so i dont think ken went down the fem root, so ken must of had a male and female from his gdp stock, but the seeds are regular and not fem, so if he used that silver stuff he would of ended up with fem seeds,

so how did he get regular seeds without a male, he either had some seeds stashed away that he grew a male from or could he of used the silver stuff and got the pollen and then grew out the seeds hoping one would be male, the problem is using the silver stuff it gives fem seeds, so how do you think he got the male plant to get these regular seeds, if it was crossed with some other gdp strain then it would not be the original from the clone only that gg7 grew,

Interesting... Since the original GDP was clone only, there wouldn't have been any male plants ever, so I think we could rule that out. That only leaves us with the Silver option which is what I always assumed was used to create these seeds from one of the original clone only females. If this isn't how the seeds were produced then I guess it would be safe to say that the seed version is not absolutely identical to Ken's original GDP which has always been a clone based strain from day one.

But regardless of that, unless you can get a hold of the original clone only strain, then these Ken Estes produced and endorsed seeds would be the closest thing you could get to the original. Perhaps you might want to see if you can find some idenpendent reviews of the bud produced from this seed stock and see if anyone took the time to actually compare it to the original GDP clone only variety?

Back to harvest related news...

I have decided to give GDP #2 another day before I harvest her. I did harvest the M.O.N. Inferno today along with the remaining medium bud that was still on GDP #3. Some of the other M.O.N. clones picked up a pretty noticeable amount of Powdery Mildew from the last few days of cold damp weather, so I had to spray them down with my milk/water solution and put them back out in the sun to dry, and to let the solution kill off any trace of the PM. As a result, I won't be harvesting any of the remaining small M.O.N. clones until tomorrow or Monday.

I've got some good photos of the Inferno harvest which I will post right after this one so stay tuned! :)

M.O.N. INFERNO!
Harvest photos of one of the brand new strains from Medicinal Organic Nursery!

This is one of the half dozen clones Alex gave me this spring. According to him, this strain was one of their newest and at the time had not yet been added to their product line. It might be available for viewing on their web site by this time but I am not sure.

I can see why they named it INFERNO cause the plant had turned a brilliant red/purple color over the last week or so, and the trimmed down bud had a multitude of different shades of purple, red, orange and even some yellow mixed in with the base green color! It was also VERY sticky with an unusual odor that is pleasant but not quite like anything else I have here.

Closest I can describe it would be a scent similar to Geraniums, mixed with the smell of fresh clean soil after a spring rain. Kind of an odd combo, but that is the best I can do with words folks! ;)

Here are the photos starting with a pre-harvest recap...

P10102051.JPG
P10102072.JPG

After the chop and rough trim for hang drying...

P1010285.JPG
P1010286.JPG
P1010287.JPG
P1010289.JPG

Looks like about 1.0 to possibly 2.0 oz dried but I am not sure. This bud was a lot smaller in diameter than the bulk of what I have harvested this year but there was a lot of it in the form of uniformly sized colas. I topped all the growing tips on this one early on, so that is likely why it took on the appearance it did with more uniform cola development. Even though they are small, they are still nice and dense and should hold their weight well even after drying and curing. Next up is the second half of GDP #3, so stay tuned fir that right now!

Cheers. :)

GDP #3 Harvest Part II
The remaining medium bud from the second to last GDP of the year!

I was in the middle of harvesting this plant the other day when the rain came through and I was forced to stop and move over to the Blue Cheese which was out in the open and too big to be moved. Now that nearly all that BC has been harvested and is currently hanging in the closets, I could go back to this plant this morning and finish the job. (We have one more BC plant left to harvest and we will probably do that tomorrow or Monday as well.)

Here is what the plant looked like after the main harvest but before this final harvest today...

P10102541.JPG

After the rough trim...

P1010291.JPG
P1010292.JPG

As you can see, the lower buds were a lot greener than the main colas were, but they are still nice and dense, with that distictive GDP smell. Just not as much purple on them as I normally see this late in the season. Our weather is supposed to get warm again with above normal temps starting to move in as early as tomorrow, so no point in waiting any longer.

amazing mate, you sure do grow some top shelf bud, well done

Thanks DP!

I always enjoy seeing the yields after everything has been brought in and dried. I wish there was a more efficient way of trimming all this stuff down though! By the time I get done each year I am literally exhausted! There is SO MUCH WORK involved in preparing this stuff for drying and curing as you know, and the more you grow, the longer it takes to get it done!

I'm definitely looking forward to jarring up the last plant for the season! ;) Hopefully by this time next week, I will be done and can relax for a few weeks before I start the curing monitor phase and adding the Humidipaks to all the new harvest jars!

Oh! I got my Silver solution in the mail today, so I have that ready to go when the time comes. GDP #1 is starting to dry out a bit in the tub. The old growth that I left on the plant is starting to shirvel up and drop off the plant. Might be a little too warm in there for the plant, so I have put the timer on the 18/6 now to give it a few hours of darkness and cooler temps each day. I will post a progress shot of that in a week or two, as soon as I see some new shoots coming out. Planning to add GDP #2 to the tub after she has been harvested and if I can manage it, one of the BC clones as well. Going to have to find another place to overwinter a few of my pepper plants, or I might shine on that idea and just start everything fresh from seed next year instead.

Best laid plans... ;)

i hate trimming, im not keen on been sticky, its one of my pet hates, so i just bought myself some latex gloves for when i harvest my plants, plus i can make finger hash then.

looks like your breeding program is about to begin then mate, i might order some of that silver and give it a try myself, it will at least give me fem seeds, then i can get seeds from any strain i like using that silver product,

you know if you use that silver on a fem plant and let it self pollinate would the resulting seeds be fem, i know if you use the pollen from that plant thats been treated and put it on a fem plant then it gives you fem seeds, but i wondered if you just isolated one plant and treated it, would it then create its own fem seeds, so for example, say you treated the gdp and let it self pollinate then do the seeds from this one plant turn out as fem, or does it need crossing with an untreated fem

Based on the instructions on Granny's journal, you need to clone out at least four plants. Two you leave female to be the recipients for the pollen, and the other two are treated with the CS solution and those produce the pollen. I guess you don't do anything with the original monther plant, which makes sense.

As far as I know, the seeds produced in this process will be feminized and produce only females which is fine since that is what I want!

Guess we shall find out how it all unfolds when I begin the process with my GDP clones. I really hope that it works! I really would like to be able to preserve my GDP strain without being forced to continue to overwinter clones every year which is a lot of work and prevents me from taking any long trips away from home which is what I want to do next summer!

I am also going to try this with one of my Blue Cheese plants provided that I can get the plant to reveg first and then get some viable clones from cuttings. As I mentioned, BC is a bitch to clone for some reason. GDP is one of the easiest by comparison, but I've done it several times in the past so hopefully I can do it again this time! :)

the pollen from the treated plant goes onto a normal fem and this gives us fem seeds, i have read up on this as im interested in getting fem seeds and fem auto seeds, but what im trying to find out is if you used just one plant, a good strong female and then put the silver solution on this, so it would be self pollinating like a normal hermie but without the male gene, so would this plant thats self polenated produce fem seeds, im just wondering as it cuts down on plant numbers which is a problem for me,
so i was thinking if i isolated one plant and treated this and then let it self pollinate would this then give me fem seeds, or does it need to have the pollen put on a none treated plant for them to be fem, i was thinking of using the silver on the main bud at the top then let it produce pollen which would put pollen on all the pistils below it, then this would give me a shed load of seeds, so would these be fem or not or would i be wasting my time trying that, i know the plant thats been treated cant be smoked but the resulting seeds are safe to use,

just wondered if self pollination would give me fem seeds,

ill be following along with this experiment mate, im very keen to try this silver method, its the only clear easy way of getting fem seeds, either that or i need a hermie and then use the pollen on other fem plants to get fem seeds, but to keep the strain pure id need 2 of the same strain, 1 hermie and one fem, but with the silver would this mean i can self pollinate and still get fem seeds

Blue Cheese #2 - Dried with Final Curing Trim

BC #1 is still a little too damp to close trim, but BC #2 was in another closet that tends to dry things out faster so this batch was ready for a final trim and a bit more airing out before going into a jar.

P1010297.JPG
P10102991.JPG
P1010296.JPG
P1010295.JPG

Wow GG7, You Have Enough Room, To Still Be able to Jar Up All Your smoke??? For the Curing!!! I gave Up On Jars Many, Many Moons Ago!!! There was just WAY WAY Too Much To Jar Up, and Keep Proper track of it All!!!:high-five: Nowadays,I use Bins(LARGE ONES) Lined with Black Plastic Bags(LEAF AND GARDEN BAGS)45 Gallon Size, That I Place My almost Dry, Ready To Continue Curing Buds Into. All Arranged by Strain Of Course. The Bins Hold Onto The herb, The Bags provide A Way To easily open Said Bin Of Buds, so they can be Lightly Shifted, and Let Breathe for several Minutes, To Continue The Cure. A Cure should Continue, all the way up until it is Not Being Binned and Bagged Anymore, Meaning, When It is Time to Get ready for Patients, It will Be Cured To Perfection, and can be Manicured, in It's proper State, giving The MMJ to Patients Properly Cured And Cared for, is A Truly Humbling Experience!!!:high-five:

To Give(NOT SELL) Something to Someone, that You Know Their very Continued Mental Health and Wellness is Attributable Too, Is Most Humbling. I Have Actually Had People That Could Not Grow, Did Not Know How To Grow, or any of Another Million Reasons, Get The Herb We Gave Them For FREE, Actually Break Down On Us And Cry, For us Giving Them A HP of Primo Smoke. The Only Thing We Do Not Do, Is Actually Grow It For them, But In A Way, I guess We Do!!! Anyways, It Always Makes Me Feel So Humbled When They Come To Us To Thank Us, and ME In My Shy Way With People, Probably Do Not THANK THEM ENOUGH!!!:blushsmile: For Without The Ones Whose VERY LIVES DEPEND ON WHAT WE PRODUCE, There would Be No Prop 215, PERIOD!!!:amen::hmmmm:At Least That Is What I Believe!!! Y'all Take care Now, Ya Hear!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom