GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

Yeah We Hold A Bud Gleaming Party Every Year Here, I Let All The family That I have Asked, too Come Up, and Gleam All The Buds That are Still On The plants, and most have doubled In Size since the Main Harvest!!! And Let Them gather Up What They Want!!! In Being Allowed to Do So, They Empty Out All 25 100 Gallon Containers, and ready The soil For winter, Then Clean The Garden So It Looks Like A"CLEANED UP", RAKED, Shade Cloth Repaired and Tacked/Nailed Back Down, But This Year I have an Offer that someone wants Me To Let The Gleam IT ALL, And Turn It Into BHO(NEVER TRIED, NOR Y, JUST HONEY OIL), and give us half of it, for them having To Make It??? Sounds OK, but I have Been Advised, that The amount They Said They Would Give Me, Was/Is a Big Rip Off,and I was feeling this way about the amount as well, before My Knowledgeable Friend informed Me, They Were Straight Ripping Me Off Quantity Wise, for what they wanted to give ME!!!:thedoubletake:

Well thats another Stupid Problem, that I really Do Not want to Think About!!! GG7, more Beautiful Pictures, I Commend You, Sir!!! Y'all Take care Now. ROGER OUT!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

Love that blue cheese man! I think your buds represent the strain well.

I need t make a trip out your way... I want the TRIM DAMMIT!! oh the wonderful canna butter I could make with that. Butter for fudge, potcorn, firecrackers, mmmmmm...

EDIT: wow! that tahoe got purple! damn... I bet it smells divine.

Hey Jandre!

That one did have a nice smell to it! A lot more pine notes than most of the stuff I grow. The Ken's GDP of course smells like no other strain. It is nearly impossible to describe this smell in words cause it doesn't smell like anything else you can compare it to.

My favorite is the Blue Cheese! The smell from the fresh stuff reminds me of a Honeydew melon or some other sweet mellon like scent. Very pleasing and unique to that strain! I had so much BC bud to hang after those two harvests this morning that I put the overflow in my own bedroom closet to dry. My bedroom smells SO GOOD now! I walked in a few minutes ago to get my iPOD and the room was filled with that unmistakeble sweet aroma of fresh Blue Cheese! :)

In terms of the trimmings... hell yes! I wish you guys were close by so I could give you a call to come by and take it off my hands! Its too bad that I don't react well to ingested Cannabis since it would be great to have a use for that stuff here!

Hope you enjoyed my recent harvest posts! Getting down to end of the line here! Only a few more plants to go now!

Love that blue cheese man! I think your buds represent the strain well.

Hey thanks Gitter!

It has always been a really nice plant to grow for me, and never lets me down. The main problem with BC is that it is a real bitch to clone! As long as you are willing to give the BC cuttings a good 20+ days in the cloner, you will end up with a great crop! These clones that I harvested today took that 20+ days to root earlier this year, and even after that mistake I made in putting these and all my other plants out too early, they did finally come around and revegged, and proceeded to produce the buds you see today! :)

If he isn't already following along in this thread, I am going to have to send an email to Alex over at M.O.N. and thank him for creating such a great strain! His Harlequin GDB and all the other M.O.N. strains I grew this season have all been stellar! :)

Alex...If you are out there watching these harvests... YOU ROCK DUDE Couldn't have done it without the great foundation you have created to build on! :thumb:

your just rubbing the nice colours in now arent you, just making me jealous cuz i cant grow nothing as nice as that, one day ill have some pretty buds and some worth entering in the contest, ill just need to play around a bit till i get everything right, you should be chuffed with results like that mate, truely amazing

Hee hee...

What can I say?

Its hard to compete with what is virtually the ideal outdoor growing environment for the strains I grow here. I can't really take all the credit for my results, since the growing environment of the Sierra Nevada is one of the best in the world, so don't feel bad. Its actually harder not to grow great weed up here provided you know the basics about gardening. This is one the reasons there is so much illegal pot farms up here in the Sierra National Forest.

The other thing I do in order insure the best results is to focus on strains that are genetically predisposed to thrive in our climate. Pretty much everything I grow was originally created in Northern California and specifically in an area they call the "Green Triangle". James the Green knows what I am talking about! He lives on one of the tips of that triangle!

In my humble opinion...The best pot in the world! :thumb:

No....... I wasn't serious...... That was sarcasm. I was commenting on how INSANELY FROSTY they are, lol. :rofl:

Hee hee.. Thats what I thought, but you can never be sure with text, and you didn't use any smilely faces like you usually do, so it left me wondering if you were being serious because of the rain and the cold temps we have been getting. ;)

They definitely are frosty! The flash photos really show it off best... I can see that here in person, but the camera often doesn't really transfer that amount of glimmer onto the photo if you use natural light.

Man GG7, another STELLAR Photo Session, If I Could Take Pictures Like That!!! You Are An Artist In Both Growing And Picture Taking, and I Imagine a few Other Things as WELL!!!:high-five: Just Superb Work, Being In The Presence Of So Many Other Jedi Knights Is An Elixir Too The Soul, LOL. Getting SHRMARMY, Sorry!!!:thedoubletake: Anyways Brother, GREAT JOB!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

Man GG7, another STELLAR Photo Session, If I Could Take Pictures Like That!!! You Are An Artist In Both Growing And Picture Taking, and I Imagine a few Other Things as WELL!!!:high-five: Just Superb Work, Being In The Presence Of So Many Other Jedi Knights Is An Elixir Too The Soul, LOL. Getting SHRMARMY, Sorry!!!:thedoubletake: Anyways Brother, GREAT JOB!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

Hey James!

WOW! Thanks for the kind words! I truly appreciate you noticing my skills with a camera! I do pride myself on my photography, especially when it comes to documenting my grows for my 420 friends as well as for personal history sake.

I have to give some credit to my "old" and trusty Olympus C-2000 Z camera too. Even though this camera was released way back in 1999 it still holds its own up against the latest models out there! It came standard with an F 2.0 large-aperture 3x zoom lens and 2.1 Megapixels which was the state of the art at the time. I bought it new the year it was released and it cost me a whopping $800.00! It was hands down the best digital camera on the market back then, and as you can see from the photos it continues to take, it still does a pretty darned good job! especially when it comes to Macro close-ups! :thumb:

Several months ago I purchased the latest and greatest Micro-Four-Thirds camera from Olympus and I was really disappointed with the performance for Macro use. That is really the area that this old C-2000 excels in! After trying out that new top of the line Olympus for several days and comparing the Macro images it took to my C-2000, it was obvious that the C-2000 was still superior in that all important area! I returned that camera and continue to use my C-2000 Z to document my grows and harvests. As I said, after seeing how it holds up to the latest stuff out there, I have a new found respect for my old reliable! ;)

Sometimes, the latest and greatest doesn't measure up to an "Old Reliable" that may not have all the flashy new features, but it has it where it counts! :)

I recently picked up a second C-2000 off of eBay for $15.00! Yep! That wasn't a typo! The opening bid was $15.00 and I placed the one and only bid! With shipping, the total came to $21.00! Now I have two just in case my original ever breaks down on me. So far, it shows no sign of giving up the ghost, so now I use both of them. The eBay unit is a tiny bit sharper for Macro, so I use that one for all the closeups you see this year.

Thanks again for noticing! I do appreciate your compliment! :thumb:

GDP #2 - Pre Harvest Photos

Today I moved all the plants under cover because of our recent rain, and because of this I was finally able to get some good clear photos of GDP #2 and her impressive size! This one is shaping up to likely be the most impressive GDP plant I have ever grown! I plan to harvest the last of my GDP crop later today and complete my 2012 GDP grow!

Here she is!

P1010244.JPG
P10102471.JPG
P10102451.JPG
P10102461.JPG

another amazing plant mate, clearly those air pots will grow much bigger plants than none air pot grown plants, i think i need to invest in some,

No doubt in my mind!

While I always get nice big colas from my strains, this year they have been especially large! While our weather was extremely favorable during the veg cycle this season, I agree with you that the primary reason for the exceptional growth can be chalked up to those Air Pots.

The fact that I was able to raise that "Grand Tahoe" clone to harvest in a 1.5 gallon Air Pot really speaks volumes! The plant itself was only about 3 feet tall, but the yield was really impressive for such a small plant grown in such a small pot. I would never attempt to grow out a plant from start to finish in a conventional 1.5 gallon pot. The thing would get root bound within weeks, but in an Air Pot, the plant thrived and never showed any signs of stress or root binding symptoms.

you got a 3ft plant in a pot that small, clearly this is proof in itself that air pots are the way forward, im going to try and get myself some when i get paid, it seems the obvious way forward, i thought about it a while back but you have made my mind up for me, so ill start hunting some down and give them a try, ive not grown a 3ft plant yet and im using 3gallon pots, so i think switching will be my best option, plus im not doing the best with my plants either, im using compost strait out the bag with nothing added to it, so ill be getting some perlite and what ever else i can throw in, hopefully this will increase the speed of growth and increase the yield

you got a 3ft plant in a pot that small, clearly this is proof in itself that air pots are the way forward, im going to try and get myself some when i get paid, it seems the obvious way forward, i thought about it a while back but you have made my mind up for me, so ill start hunting some down and give them a try, ive not grown a 3ft plant yet and im using 3gallon pots, so i think switching will be my best option, plus im not doing the best with my plants either, im using compost strait out the bag with nothing added to it, so ill be getting some perlite and what ever else i can throw in, hopefully this will increase the speed of growth and increase the yield

I can't remember... But are you in the U.K.?

The company that makes Air Pots is actually a U.K. based company and the factory that makes them is also over there. Just type "Air Pots" into Google and I am sure you will see the link to the company's web site and from there you can get a lead to a local dealer.

I bought mine online from a California based argricultural supply store that is an authorized dealer for them. They are HUGELY ENDORSED by commercial growers who use them for growing trees and other landscape related plants. I saw some photos on the Air Pot web site of literally hundreds if not thousands of trees lined up row after row and all growing in Air Pots.

Any time you see a product being used to that level in a commercial setting you know that there is definitely something to it! :thumb:

thanks mate ill check it out, also i mentioned in another journal that i had googled the gdp ken estes and herbie stocks the seeds and mentions ken estes it also shows the packaging and its branded with the ken estes logo, so do you think these seeds are the same strain, also picknmix seeds stocks it also, again using the same design pack as ken estes, i did post the link to these in the journal where we was discussing this strain

thanks mate ill check it out, also i mentioned in another journal that i had googled the gdp ken estes and herbie stocks the seeds and mentions ken estes it also shows the packaging and its branded with the ken estes logo, so do you think these seeds are the same strain, also picknmix seeds stocks it also, again using the same design pack as ken estes, i did post the link to these in the journal where we was discussing this strain

YEP! I can't comment on whether they are exactly the same in every respect as the original "Clone Only" version that I have here, but I suspect that Ken used that CS method that I am going to try on mine and was successful in getting some of his original GDP clones to produce seeds. I am assuming that these are the seeds that he is now selling with his name on the package. :)

If it were me, I would go for those long before I would consider buying so called GDP seeds from anyone else, or buying clones from a source that claims they are giving you the genuine GDP strain. In the case of clones, you wouldn't know what you had until the tail end of the flower cycle because a GDP plant looks pretty much the same as any other strain until the last three or so weeks of flower provided that they are given those much needed COLD overnight temps. ;)

Don't forget that GDP is probably the most counterfieted strain on the planet, to such a degree that there is probably more FAKE GDP being grown out there today than the real thing, by a factor of 10!

I trust Ken to be offering the real deal to his customers. He is an upstanding guy, and is more interested in getting quality MMJ into patient's hands than making a buck!

I'd say GO FOR IT!!

thats all i need to hear mate, i cant see herbie selling products labled as original when they are not, he would get them direct from ken to ensure it was original, i cant see herbies getting this strain from any other source, plus the price is not bad either, they do packs of 10,20 and 50, they are not femenised so i could always cross a strong male and female and get myself as many seeds as ill ever need. so ill place an order on wed and ill be growing this in my next grow after these 4 big plants have finished, i need to sort my soil out as i use it strait out the bag with nothing added, so ill be getting this right for future grows.

its winter here now so night time temps are getting cold now, had a couple of frosts early in the morning so i should be able to keep the night temps right down for the last few weeks off flower, but to be honest mate the strain sounds amazing so id be chuffed to have some to smoke no matter what colour it was, but all been well its got the best chance of changing colour so i may as well give it a try.

ill let you know how i get on, hopefully the seeds will come in the breeders pack which should be the same as i seen on kens site, so fingers crossed ill be growing some myself very soon.

thanks for putting my mind at rest, i have also contacted herbie via email as ive had good responses in the past when i email him, so ill see what he says, im hoping he says he gets them direct from ken, but if he says its from another breeder who had the strain then i might try else where, but if he guarantees me its genuine then ill be more than happy to place an order,
reps for you if it lets me mate, soz mate, cant give you any more reps, got to spread it around 1st, ill reps you when it lets me, thanks for all the info mate

And This Years Winner For Most Counterfeit, and last Years, and last Years, GDP Folks, Give her a Hand!!!! Everyone Thinks They have IT, Till It's Harvest Time, and Go, That Aint The GDP I Remember!!! I have seen So many Bogus Cuts and Seeds from This Strain,(SAID WITH SARCASM) Really FUNNY!!! Not To Ken I BET!!! Oh Well GG7, Yours Looks Like The Real GDP(OBVIOUSLY) great WORK!!!:high-five: And Air Pots Are Great, If You Have The Available Water To totally Saturate 25 100 Gallon Ones!!! I do NOT, or I would have switched LONG AGO.

Water WARS HERE, EVERY YEAR, with Our Land Lord, and That was never supposed to be the case:thedoubletake:!!! He's One Big Liar(OUR LAND LORD). Think I Would Of Put In a 1,000 Gallon Tank, On His Property, Just because I am a NICE GUY, YEAH RIGHT!!! Getting PISSED!!! TAKE CARE ALL. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

what about a well, any chance you could get one of them, you would have no water worries then. just depends how deep you need it, thats if they have wells where you are, not many people have their own well now, to much contamination from run off, but if you lived out the way then a well could be an option

The Tank Is Attached To The PROPERTY WELL!!! He USES MOST OF THE WATER FOR GARDENS!!! Except none of them produce Shat, Because He Will Not Take ANY ADVICE, on what is best for His Plants and Veggie Garden,Both. He Way OVER WATERS, This Idiot Sprays On The Surface ONLY, and uses WATER LIKE a Complete FOOL. It's AOK, as long as HE HAS WATER!!! We are trying to plan a move, but it is HARD, with Y's Health, and ALL!!! I get water when it is Expedient To Allow ME SOME!!! At Least I Know How to Use What Water We Have Properly, Otherwise I would be Up The Creek!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom