Gittergreens Organic Purps

oh and ty for the Rep GG.
but that was from Hoyt Axston:xmas:

Hey GlitterGreen,
Finally got my comp bak, can actually type again!
Your grow is amazing man, love how fat the buds are and how healthy they still are so late in flower. Thanks for the message on Organics, still learningn myself and may hopefully use a compost tea in my next grow. Will be doing a full organic regardless. Thanks for all the info :goodjob: Just updated my journal with some pics ive had waiting...

Things seem to be on the upside in the garden I don't know if the epsom salt had anything to do with it or not but they are smelling just like the bud that I got the seed for this grow from. So that's good news to me.

I had a small break thru with my friend and he seems to be back with me he has 3 days of abstinence from alcohol now and said he wouldn't smoke anymore of the fake weed that was the cause of him nodding out. The clinic he goes to will take his anxiety meds away from him if he smokes the safe natural weed but they don't test for mr nice fake bullshit that the war on marijuana has created a market for in this country.
So thank you for your prayer's, vibes, thoughts, spells, enchantments, song's or however you choose to show love to your fellow humans
they are all welcomed and are deeply appreciated.

I'm choosing not to go off topic with my problems or my buddy's or world events any more and I will post updates in my journal until it ends. I might not be as active with my visits until I can get my temper under control I love every one here at 420 but my humanistic side is angry and embarrassed and hurt so just give me some time to chill out. please don't make any comments about these last few sentences here just let them be. Take in mind I have not smoked weed in almost two weeks so I am feeling emotions I have not felt in a long time so. Love you guys n gals and I will be back with a update Saturday or Sunday if you feel like you need to say something do it by way of pm. Thank's in advance for respecting my wishes.
Love Gittergreen

:bump:

:bump: trying to get this page behind me/us

:loopy:

Things seem to be on the upside in the garden I don't know if the epsom salt had anything to do with it or not but they are smelling just like the bud that I got the seed for this grow from. So that's good news to me.

I had a small break thru with my friend and he seems to be back with me he has 3 days of abstinence from alcohol now and said he wouldn't smoke anymore of the fake weed that was the cause of him nodding out. The clinic he goes to will take his anxiety meds away from him if he smokes the safe natural weed but they don't test for mr nice fake bullshit that the war on marijuana has created a market for in this country.
So thank you for your prayer's, vibes, thoughts, spells, enchantments, song's or however you choose to show love to your fellow humans
they are all welcomed and are deeply appreciated.

I'm choosing not to go off topic with my problems or my buddy's or world events any more and I will post updates in my journal until it ends. I might not be as active with my visits until I can get my temper under control I love every one here at 420 but my humanistic side is angry and embarrassed and hurt so just give me some time to chill out. please don't make any comments about these last few sentences here just let them be. Take in mind I have not smoked weed in almost two weeks so I am feeling emotions I have not felt in a long time so. Love you guys n gals and I will be back with a update Saturday or Sunday if you feel like you need to say something do it by way of pm. Thank's in advance for respecting my wishes.
Love Gittergreen

I am here to lend an ear or a something, what ever it may be.
sucks that some crap you can find at the quickie mart is OK but some homegrown help isnt tollerated. go figure.
maybe either is not a good thing given circoumstancses(sorry GG spelling will never be my thing)
and hell yeah this IS your JOURNAL so everyone should respect that:Namaste:

I am here to lend an ear or a something, what ever it may be.
sucks that some crap you can find at the quickie mart is OK but some homegrown help isnt tollerated. go figure.
maybe either is not a good thing given circoumstancses(sorry GG spelling will never be my thing)
and hell yeah this IS your JOURNAL so everyone should respect that:Namaste:

I am worse at spelling than you ever thought of being I have spell check and google and a wife that is a great speller. so miss spell away
it looks right to me.:green_heart:

Soil used in my grow..... McEnroe
Premium Organic Potting Soil
Premium Organic Potting Soil is the original mix we have been using at McEnroe Farm since we started. This potting soil is excellent for making soil blocks, potting seedlings, and transplanting. It is fortified with organic nutrients and has excellent moisture retention and drainage. As with all our mixes, our potting soil contains an ample amount of our own organic compost which helps create a favorable rooting environment. It continues to be our most popular blend and is used by certified organic growers throughout the Northeast. Our Premium Organic Potting Soil is available in 22-quart bags, 1/20-cubic yard bags, 1-cubic yard sling bags and bulk.

Premium Organic Potting Soil OMRI Certificate
The grow shop I got this from said this soil is fortified with chicken litter and stabilized with soft rock phosphate.

I used the following minerals.
6 parts CaC03 This is a high calcium lime (90% calcium or higher)
5 parts soft rock phosphate (not super phosphate or triple phosphate)
3 parts of Gypsum

Grind all these up and mix well. set them to the side for now.

Next step is to make a microbial tea.

This is the recipe I used to activate my soil with.

2 cups alaskan forest compost
1 cup wiggle worm castings
4 tbs High brix molasses ( just a brand name)

I put 2 gallons of chlorine free water in a 5 gallon bucket.

I add the molasses to the water and let it bubble with 2 air stones for 30 minutes.

Then I add the dry ingredients, stir rapidly and let bubble for 24hrs. you should see a lot of foam building by this point. this is a sign you have life in your tea. I then fill the bucket up the rest of the way with chlorine free water. Tea should smell good not foul. Start over if it stinks!

Then pour this in your soil. Make sure to use a container big enough to hold it and enough room to stir the soil properly you don't want your soil to be soggy just really moist. Now cover the soil and let sit in a place that is close to room temp for at least 30 days. ( Around 72 f. warmer side would be better than colder side) Also don't let the soil dry out the goal is to keep the microbes alive and active so they can eat the soil and make lots of poop for the plants to eat. If the soil starts to dry out then just add some water a cup at a time until it's moist again.

After 30 days the soil will be ready to use.

I used clones that were rooted in jiffy peat pop ups and were vegged for a little while in regular un cooked soil.

Now is the time to add your 6-5-3 rock powders to your soil. Apply @ this rate: 1 cup per 1.5 cubic feet of soil or 1/3 cup per 1.0 cubic feet
of soil.

I also added azomite @ a rate of: 1/3 cup per 1.0 cbf and 1/2 cup per 1.5cbf.

I also added a healthy dusting of Mycorrhizae to the root ball at time of transplant. I missed this on some of the plants and some were slightly larger than others might of had something to do with it IDK.

I did not have to feed these plants another tea for quite a while so be careful just let them tell you when they need something.

I also let the plants dry out during veg until they were almost drooping. Doing this lets the roots search out water and thus filling up the container. This will give the plants some big legs to stand on which in return gives bigger buds in theory.

Once the growth started to lag I gave them another tea (same recipe as above) this got them back growing.
I got greedy and gave them back to back tea and the microbes gobbled up all the energy and the plants began to yellow from the bottom up. I then had to put some energy back in the soil. So I used some hydrolized fish fertilizer and top dressed with a high calcium chIcken litter called chickidee doodoo. This got them back green again for about a week. Ever since I gave them too much tea it was a constant battle with them yellowing so don't get greedy if the plants are constantly growing don't feed them just water them.
I had a couple of moments in the grow where I felt like the plants were going to lose their leaves if they didn't get a quick shot of nutes
I didn't have any big bloom on hand or any other organic nutrient on hand that was chelated with amino acids like bpn so I cheated a little and gave them some fox farm tiger bloom, cal mag plus, snowstorm ultra all @ 1/4 strength.

That seemed to help and I then top dressed the plants with more rock powders and some more chicken litter. Then I got the microbes back by giving them some strong teas for the next couple of waters. This is where we stand in the garden to date. Oh yeah I also gave them some cold pressed sea weed in the last two tea's and 4 tbs of big bloom in the last one That was not really necessary but I could not control my urge for bigger buds lol.

I also looked back at some dates to give me an idea of flowering times for this strain and I let the mother plant that was bloomed out doors go 76 days She was definitely ready at 70 days though. (just wanted the buds to purple up more.)

So if it takes 70 days to finish that will put the harvest date at dec 25th lol not going to happen but thought that was cool since it will be my birthday and Christmas. MERRY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

I hope this helps some one grow some nice cannabis to help your aliments or you can really do it the easy way and get Docbud's kit
and grow some connoisseur grade high brix buds. After half assed following his organic mineralized soil recipe, I have no doubts that his new kit is going to give very special ground breaking results. Thanks Docbud!

I almost forgot to add I did not ph anything, but the synthetics in this grow. I only used the ph down so it didn't kill the microbes ( I think) as bad as if I had to use the ph up acid.:Namaste:

What a great grow brother!

It's obvious to me that you're a master gardener with some serious talent. Keep pushing it bro! Someone is going to need to manage the farms and market gardens that are going to be a fantastic way of life in a few short years.

High Brix will be a given at that time. The ingredients used to arrive at the balanced soil will create "regional flavor variations," depending on what kind of fish was used, what source of nitrate, type of mychorizae, chicken manure? etc. In other words, the quality is going to go sky high and those who can produce that will the equivalent of wealthy Napa Valley wine makers.

I say we form an informal brain trust right here, watch eachother's grows and strive to improve. No need to join anything, just let it happen organically. Yeah?

What a totally awesome grow!

Wow I'm blown away Docbud! Thank you so much for the kind words they were an early Christmas present to me. This way of growing can make anyone look good as long as you follow directions and have a good environment. Only my second inside grow!!!
Save a kit for me if you can! lol I'm just waiting on finances to allow it to happen. Should be in the next few weeks.

Thank you so much for the reps X. I know I sound like a kiss arse but I merely followed Docbud's organic mineral recipe.
After reading other articles on things like cations and cation exchange capacities and barely grasping a small portion of it.
I'm blown away by Doc's knowledge of growing and his ability to relate this info back to me in a way that makes sense.
I can not even began to take credit for any of this recipe but I do like to think I can pass it on to others so we can take this medicine to another level and maybe even make it healthier to ingest. Who know's we might even see a little dirt under your thumb one day.
Thanks again for the reps! Merry Christmas to you to.

Thank you so much for the reps X. I know I sound like a kiss arse but I merely followed Docbud's organic mineral recipe.
After reading other articles on things like cations and cation exchange capacities and barely grasping a small portion of it.
I'm blown away by Doc's knowledge of growing and his ability to relate this info back to me in a way that makes sense.
I can not even began to take credit for any of this recipe but I do like to think I can pass it on to others so we can take this medicine to another level and maybe even make it healthier to ingest. Who know's we might even see a little dirt under your thumb one day.
Thanks again for the reps! Merry Christmas to you to.

Doc rocks, huh?!? Even a lunkhead hydro guy like me recognizes that Doc is trying to take pot growing to the next level, and is paving a path for many to follow. I'm a fan! Don't sell yourself short, though, Gitter. I'm a fan of your work as well brother! :high-five:

I visited the garden tonight to make a final tea, armed with my camera and a lot of built up anticipation.
To my surprise after taking several samples from different buds they are 50% clear 50% cloudy. I could not find any amber trich's may have missed some though. I also noticed more growth and what looked to be new pistils like little mini buds forming off of the main buds.

Here is a couple of photos of my tea brewing after an hour!
033110.JPG
03488.JPG

Back
Top Bottom