Golfer420 - Crop King Seeds Jack Herer - Soil - LED/CFL - Grow 3

It would be great if you could give it some phosphorus and aminoacids to help the roots recover faster,
sorry been watching videos on NPK RAW :smokin:
Looks like she should make it just a little stressed

Things are beginning to lighten here at work :woohoo:

I was able to check on a few threads and take a few photos;)

The ladies are looking pretty good. J1 is recovering from the transplant (19 days). She will survive but looks like she lost about a week or two. Still not quite back to normal yet, so she still needs more time.

J2 is starting to kick into gear at 17 days. Seems to be a few days behind in development than my NL's were at the same age. I started lst the other day with pinning the outer branches down. Today I tilted almost parallel. I did the same thing with the last NL but I gave up a bit too soon. I'm going to keep J2 pulled over quite a bit longer.

Got a new fan that can also warm up the tent. I'm not comfortable with the heat running when I'm not around so it will only be used for warmth very sparingly.

With new fan

Grow_3_JHA_pair_day_19a.JPG

Close up together
Grow_3_JHA_pair_day_19.JPG

J1
Grow_3_JHA_J1_day_19.JPG

J2
Grow_3_JHA_J2_day_17a.JPG

Grow_3_JHA_J2_day_17.JPG

What up ... hey man... thanks for the invite... do me a favor(and your sprouts) real quick and raise that led at least twice what you have it at now... the LED lights are VERY proficient and don't need to be that close ..... and how deep did you plant those seeds?...

I'm not being negative I promise ... lol.... just trying to help the best I can... you know I love my autoflower peeps much love my friend and thanks for the invite

Moved it as high as possible. My challenge is it is a short tent. It's only 30" high. This is pretty much stealth growing. I think you are right about the stunting. Must have done it to my last NL grow too. However, I was very happy how she turned out.

I put the tap root in first into about 1/2 then covered with a bit of dirt. They've both been really close to the soil.

Thanks for all the feed back. Much appreciated

Heya golfer,, mind iffin I keep an eye on yer jack herer? I have a youngun jack as well. Planted Oct 22,, and doing just fine thanks..

First thing I noticed in your pics was the led being so close, like atrain mentioned,, i am brand new to leds but noticed when I installed mine my plants suffered from the light too close till I got it over twenty inches away, twenty two even. That was the absolute max I could put it distance wise,, and thank goodness that seems to be just enough.

So best of luck with your effort,, and go jack go

Cheers pal

Thanks Nivek. I moved it up as high as I can. Posting a few more pics later. J1 is looking much better today after some feeding. I'm sure the added distance helped relieve some stress.:thumb:

Have you created a journal for your Jack?

Thanks Am4izin:high-five:

Here is how we look after raising the light just about all the way. I maybe have room to squeak another 3 inches out.

I've got J2 pinned down fairly tight. I was looking at what my NL looked at around 20 days and both of these JH's are way behind development wise. Maybe the NL responds differently to LED at close levels. I kept the LED just as low with the NL.

J1 looks to be recovering well. I'm going to let her go stress free. She's been through enough :thumb:

I do see a bigger difference in odor. Never really smelled much with the NL until flowering started. I can smell these two as soon as I open the tent :winkyface:

Thanks for stopping by!

Grow_tent11.JPG

Grow_3_JHA_J2_day_18.JPG

Grow_3_JHA_J1_20_days.JPG

Looks better,,, watch for burning leaf tips,, that is where I saw damage first,, from too low. Must say,, i have never seen a grow in a little tent like that,, cute:Namaste:

Now take that pic and add two months growth on those plants. when I bought my led the first thing I noticed was light burn, so i asked all the questions,, to all the experts here, and i was informed right from the source,, those lights need to be a required distance from the leaves of the plant,, as atrain mentioned,, the plants will be stunted,,, i like to see potential problems well in advance, gives one time to work on solutions,,, Maybe a thin screen between?? I am thinking that idea potentially for me as well.

When you mention the smell from those little ones,, first thing I think of is ventilation. is there room for ventilation in there? One can always put it outside the tent

Leds are not forgiving according to my research,, so i ask you,, please forgive me,,, is that tent made for leds? Is there other options available?

Please, I do not question your knowledge,, i question mine

I'm growin home,, cheers

Thank you for the kind words, Nivek.:thanks: No worries on the questions. We're all here to learn.

The small tent is what I am able to put in the garage with a blanket over it - and my wife doesn't make me get rid of it. Any taller and I couldn't be doing this. There isn't anything special about the tent that makes it good or bad for the light. The problem with this tent is how high it is.

With regards to the light distance, check out my grows in my signature. I grew both of them with the same 300w LED and did the same thing with having it too close to the plants. I didn't think it was stunting them but maybe I was. In the end, the plants turned out "ok". Second plant was much better because she was in a much bigger 3gal pot from the first two plants. I feel the buds came out good, too. Nice and tight on the main colas.

The first three NL's I grew stopped growing around the same time and while I thought I was going to have to pinch the top to avoid hitting the light, the main cola stopped growing around 4" from the light.

The good news for me is it would seem that this 300w of light should be all I need in this tent to grow two plants. Now I don't need to worry about moving it higher - it just is what it is.:clap:

I have a fan in there now that runs on the light schedule. I have a 6" exhaust fan but only use that in the summer. Since it's in the garage, I need to shut down the intake/outtake and keep it some what insulated so the it doesn't get too cold at night. It's also the reason I have the lights on 20/4 instead of 18/6. The light will be the main heat in these winter months. I may have to consider some insulation to put around them. Since it's in the garage I'm not that worried about the smell of the plants. The NL's didn't smell much - and I kind of hoped they might.

Just got an Exhale C02 bag. No real instructions. I guess I just hang it and the C02 comes out. There is this plastic bar to hang it but I'm not sure if there is something else that needs to be done to activate it. I'll call them tomorrow. Hoping the CO2 in this will show some benefit.

Here is a picture of my last grow in the tent with the same light. I also did quite a bit of lst on the second NL. Could it be that the plants just stop growing when they get too close to the LED or it stunts their overall upwards growth sooner than others?:confused:

Thanks to everyone for stopping by and visiting. The ladies both look good tonight when I hung the C02 bag out there. J1 looks like she's bouncing back great - I am even considering topping her. :yikes:

Day_46_Grow_2_tent.JPG

Golfer,
I can understand having to account for the 1st lady and her comfort level. Hence the choice to use smaller tent.

Good stuff bud,, very glad to know you have had success with that setup,, makes me feel a bit better about mine as well as I have no room left to raise my led light.:bitingnails::bitingnails:

I topped my jack herer last night, 23 days from planting. I hear lots of good comments on jack,, cheers to us both:Namaste:

Nivek

P.s. Just thought I might mention,, Jack was a real person,, a pioneer in the use of medical marijuana,, an interesting story indeed,, he is worth knowing about

I'm finally relaxing tonight ;) Worked the last 3 weeks and two weekends straight. :rollingeyes: Nothing to do tomorrow but chill:bong:

The ladies are looking good tonight. You'll see the C02 bag hanging. I guess it's doing its thing. In this small area it should load up pretty well.

Fed them tonight, 1/2 gallon each. FF Big Bloom 4tsp / Grow Big tsp / 4ml calmag. It's enjoyable to be futzing around the garage, tending to the crop and taking a few photos while enjoying the fruit of my own labor :slide:

J1 is bouncing back nicely. I'm hesitant to top her and was also thinking of the fox tail method Sweet Sue posted about on Atrain's auto thread. I don't think she's strong enough yet. Maybe in a week or so I will try the fox tail.

J2 is being kept down pretty well. I have two anchors holding her main cola down. I pushed some of the bigger fan leaves behind in a few spots to help new growth.

I have the lights on 20/4. Once they start to show sex I'm going to hang two 46w CFL's in there too.

I've been looking for differences between the 3 NL's and this JH that is mostly sativa. I haven't noticed any yet, though I was expecting the leaves to be longer and thinner.

Thanks for stopping by :Namaste:

Grow_3_JHA_pair_22_days.JPG

J1
Grow_3_JHA_J1_22_days.JPG

J2
Grow_3_JHA_J2_20_days.JPG

Back
Top Bottom