Gorilla Cookies Auto ViparSpectra P2000

Ok so the mini hydrometers came in today. I took a bud that filled about 75% of a jar and left it for an hour and it landed right at 70%

I’m thinking Wednesday I can trim everything up and jar it for curing. That sound about right?

I jar at 68, 10weeks smoke em 58-60

I don't wait for the branch to snap completely. If I bend it and it breaks.

Scissor time
Yup I’m thinking Wednesday is gloves and scissor time!

It seems that I will be on track for that 67% - 69% by then.

Ok so the mini hydrometers came in today. I took a bud that filled about 75% of a jar and left it for an hour and it landed right at 70%
I’m thinking Wednesday I can trim everything up and jar it for curing. That sound about right?
Not to me. Part of the burping process is indeed getting the flowers down to 62% in the jar, but the other reason is to allow the chlorophyll to outgass for ~21 days after chop. I don't think you will get as good a cure if you get them to 62% quickly and then seal them for curing in the jars that soon.

Burping allow the buds to get fresh oxygen to help the chlorophyll burn off before they're sealed up.

Not to me. Part of the burping process is indeed getting the flowers down to 62% in the jar, but the other reason is to allow the chlorophyll to outgass for ~21 days after chop. I don't think you will get as good a cure if you get them to 62% quickly and then seal them for curing in the jars that soon.

Burping allow the buds to get fresh oxygen to help the chlorophyll burn off before they're sealed up.
Sounds good. They are still hanging and won’t go into jars until they are at 70% and then I will go through the burping process.

Everything went into jars tonight. I am glad I didn’t wait any longer as I got hit with mold. Pulled 10.7oz of untainted buds and then just about 1.5oz of moldy bud. Sucks as it was the main cola at the top that got it. I think maybe the tent was too warm and I noticed humidity levels spiked a couple of times. Lesson learned and I will have the sensors in place to control that on the next grow.

Average humidity in the jars is 61%. I will burp twice a day for 5 mins at a time for the next 7-10 days and then once a day to finish out the 21 days. If they start to dry too much I will add a little lettuce or thin slice of carrot in the jars to increase rh.

I thought this was all of the untainted herb but then I forgot I had another jar that I was testing RH with that took me to the 10.7oz
IMG_1838.jpeg

Here are some moldy ones. I’m not sure that to do with them??? I stuck them outside as it’s 29° outside now so the mold won’t grow anymore and the bud will dry. Maybe I can save some of it for edibles?
IMG_1835.jpeg

IMG_1836.jpeg

Here are jars and a couple of random pics
IMG_1842.jpeg

IMG_1833.jpeg

And that about wraps that up! I’m really happy that I got as much as I did, bummed about the mold, and I learned a ton during this grow.

Thanks to all of you out there for the help along the way! Greatly appreciated!!!

Everything went into jars tonight. I am glad I didn’t wait any longer as I got hit with mold. Pulled 10.7oz of untainted buds and then just about 1.5oz of moldy bud. Sucks as it was the main cola at the top that got it. I think maybe the tent was too warm and I noticed humidity levels spiked a couple of times. Lesson learned and I will have the sensors in place to control that on the next grow.

Average humidity in the jars is 61%. I will burp twice a day for 5 mins at a time for the next 7-10 days and then once a day to finish out the 21 days. If they start to dry too much I will add a little lettuce or thin slice of carrot in the jars to increase rh.

I thought this was all of the untainted herb but then I forgot I had another jar that I was testing RH with that took me to the 10.7oz
IMG_1838.jpeg

Here are some moldy ones. I’m not sure that to do with them??? I stuck them outside as it’s 29° outside now so the mold won’t grow anymore and the bud will dry. Maybe I can save some of it for edibles?
IMG_1835.jpeg

IMG_1836.jpeg

Here are jars and a couple of random pics
IMG_1842.jpeg

IMG_1833.jpeg

And that about wraps that up! I’m really happy that I got as much as I did, bummed about the mold, and I learned a ton during this grow.

Thanks to all of you out there for the help along the way! Greatly appreciated!!!
Wonder how the molded buds would go if you used them to make BHO butane hash oil from it .
Once all the butane has evaporated off you can warm it in the electric oven im sure no taste of mold will be in the remaining product.
Might be worth a try

Good catch on the mold! If the jars say at 61% overnight you should be good with the rest.

In terms of what to do with the moldy ones I'd use them for topical oils after decarb but I have no idea if mold survives the BHO process. It's not the taste you'd be worried about, it's the spores which survive all sorts of strange and hostile environments!

Yeah the messed up part on the mold as it was mostly internal. I caught a couple small little popcorn buds that had mold and then I saved the main cola for last to clean up and noticed a little mold on the bottom of it and decided to break into it and it was infested. I’m wondering if I didn’t have enough airflow at the top of the canopy during flower and it was going moldy before I even chopped it.

I think I’m just going to toss it honestly. I’m happy with what I got out of it and I dont want to be smoking mold lol. Reminds me of another thread I was reading today about moldy “mexican dirt weed” haha.

Pick your favorite! ↓↓↓

"Most yeasts and molds are heat-sensitive and destroyed by heat treatments at temperatures of 140-160°F (60-71°C). Some molds make heat-resistant spores, however..."
Source

or

"Yes, heat can kill mold. However, while heat can eliminate mold growth on various foods, the toxins produced by certain molds might remain. For instance, when considering grain and nut crops, exposure to high temperatures can reduce mold presence, but the poisonous substances produced might still linger."
Source

More reading here:

If you're going to do it, make sure you do a full open air oven decarb at 240º for 60 minutes (at that temp, not including getting to that temp). And I wouldn't let anyone who's sensitive or immunocompromised eat any!

Pick your favorite! ↓↓↓

"Most yeasts and molds are heat-sensitive and destroyed by heat treatments at temperatures of 140-160°F (60-71°C). Some molds make heat-resistant spores, however..."
Source

or

"Yes, heat can kill mold. However, while heat can eliminate mold growth on various foods, the toxins produced by certain molds might remain. For instance, when considering grain and nut crops, exposure to high temperatures can reduce mold presence, but the poisonous substances produced might still linger."
Source

More reading here:

If you're going to do it, make sure you do a full open air oven decarb at 240º for 60 minutes (at that temp, not including getting to that temp). And I wouldn't let anyone who's sensitive or immunocompromised eat any!
Good info. In the trash it goes!

That high I would dump them out!

What the RH in the room where they live?
Oh shit! Ok! In room RH is 40%. I emptied all the jars into a storage tote and spread them out so they aren’t laying on top of each other and then put one of my fans on the lowest setting point at them to get some air movement around them. I will let it hang like that until the morning and see what’s up.

IMG_1846.jpeg

Nice harvest! I wouldn't smoke the moldy! We have one set of lungs!
I mean in that case I wouldn't smoke anything?

Ditch the mould, get it as far away of everything as you can and clean. Just handling that stuff spreads spores everywhere.. I got indoor mould for the first time ever cause I brought mould in from the outdoor grow.
And processing or heating it does not guarantee to get rid of of the mould or mycotoxins.

Back
Top Bottom