Gorilla Cookies Auto ViparSpectra P2000

And I found more mold!!! I am going to have to scope everything tonight when I get home. Hopefully the entire batch isn’t contaminated!!!

90% of it is actually inside and not visible until I break open a bud or cluster.

I have to assume that it started before I even chopped it down.

Will make sure I bust out the starsan and sanitize the crap out of all surfaces in the tent and on all equipment before the next grow.

Get your area rh in a zone that is friendly to bud somehow. First, keep it open until it's dry, on the table, use a fan on it constantly. Use a dehumidifier if you can at 60% and keep it there.
Pull them all apart and discard the rotted bud. Not the optimum advice but I think it'll save the rest! You have to keep air moving on them if you can't keep rh at 60%. 80% is what nightmares are made of!

And I found more mold!!! I am going to have to scope everything tonight when I get home. Hopefully the entire batch isn’t contaminated!!!

90% of it is actually inside and not visible until I break open a bud or cluster.

I have to assume that it started before I even chopped it down.

Will make sure I bust out the starsan and sanitize the crap out of all surfaces in the tent and on all equipment before the next grow.
The mold that hit you is airborne so sanitizing the walls will not make a difference to your next grow.

The plant shown below was my first grow last last year. RH was 50-60 and I had at least one 6" fan running under the canopy (per photo).

All for naught.

Just as you experienced, the buds looked a bit "off"and some of them were soft to the touch. When I started investigating it, I found mold and, after a few colas, binned the entire grow.

I've read arguments re. tossing out the entire crop - some said to get rid of it, some said that it would be safe to consume. I decided to toss the whole harvest because I wasn't able to determine with 100% surety that there would be zero health impact. That was really disappointing but, as someone posted upthread, we only have one set of lungs.

Back to cleaning the tent - the issue, as I understand it, is that mold spores are "everywhere" and they only become an issue when the RH in the plant increases to a level where they can thrive. As best I can tell, the RH in the tent was pretty low but the foliage was sufficiently dense to trap moisture/raise the RH enough.

My mistake was to not measure RH in the canopy and remove enough foliage to preclude the RH increase. Lesson learned.

IMG_0174.jpeg

Thanks for the input @Delps8 and sorry that you lost the entire harvest. I am going to go through it all tonight with the scope and see where it stands. I’m hoping that it’s all not a loss.

I had 3 6” circulating fans for circulation and 2 4” exhaust fans.

I also probably went overboard on removing foliage but I am not sure I actually had enough airflow across the top of the canopy. I will pay extra close attention to that on the next grow.

As much as I would like an all in 1 unit to control all environmental aspects of my tent, there just isn’t a turnkey set up out there that I’ve found unless all your gear is 1 brand. There is the option of building it, which I have the schematic for my brew panel that I built and could modify that to do what I want. I just don’t have the time or the interest of doing that much work haha. So I am just going to pick up an additional inkbird to control humidity that will power a humidifier and an additional exhaust fan to keep the rh in the sweet spot the entire grow.so here is to winning that @Mars Hydro exhaust fan hahaha

Fingers crossed this harvest doesn’t need to be tossed!

:goodluck: with the scoping! I lost an entire harvest to mold that started during the drying period as there was none to be seen when I wet trimmed. It looked like this rather than botrytis:

full

I lost 10.5 ounces on that one, but I immediately decarbed it and I'm saving it for the next batch of topical oil.
That looks like what on most of mine though some of on deep in the big colas as started to turn brown and black.

Hopefully I can still walk away with a couple of oz!

Hopefully I can still walk away with a couple of oz!

I hope you do, man... that's a bummer!.
..and it could happen to anyone!- you just never know....:confused:

It seems as though I got lucky. I went through all of it and tossed about another oz.

I left it all on a tray in the tent will all fans on full blast but not blowing right at them with the average rh at 50% for the whole day. They dried out a little more than I would have wanted but after an hour the jars are at 55%. Will check in on them again tonight and see where the rh is then.

I will reweigh it all this weekend and see where it actually lands. I’m guessing I’ve lost about 50% of the harvest. Bummer but at least it’s not the whole batch! The cure might be screws but at least there is usable weed :)

Thanks again for all of the help!!!

It seems as though I got lucky. I went through all of it and tossed about another oz.

I left it all on a tray in the tent will all fans on full blast but not blowing right at them with the average rh at 50% for the whole day. They dried out a little more than I would have wanted but after an hour the jars are at 55%. Will check in on them again tonight and see where the rh is then.

I will reweigh it all this weekend and see where it actually lands. I’m guessing I’ve lost about 50% of the harvest. Bummer but at least it’s not the whole batch! The cure might be screws but at least there is usable weed :)

Thanks again for all of the help!!!
Aaah that sucks, but had the same thing happen.. first looking at nice drying buds, then noticing hmm they seem to remain soft, and then seeing fuzz pop up between the buds.
Next time you see or suspect mould, take that branch or bud with a bag and remove it, I remain convinced that picking up the bud and then handling it and breaking it open to look at how much fuzz in vicinity of the others is not a good idea.
And when on a dry net, don't have things touching.. I'm moving away from dry nets and going back to hanging branches upside down. As I probably ruined the lot by chucking them all on the nets.

Aaah that sucks, but had the same thing happen.. first looking at nice drying buds, then noticing hmm they seem to remain soft, and then seeing fuzz pop up between the buds.
Next time you see or suspect mould, take that branch or bud with a bag and remove it, I remain convinced that picking up the bud and then handling it and breaking it open to look at how much fuzz in vicinity of the others is not a good idea.
And when on a dry net, don't have things touching.. I'm moving away from dry nets and going back to hanging branches upside down. As I probably ruined the lot by chucking them all on the nets.
Yeah I am convinced it started before I even chopped. Then I wasn’t able to control the RH like I wanted to during the hang and had some pretty big spikes in RH.

I completely agree on the removal from the area with as little disruption as possible. I didn’t even notice it until it was time to clean things up and put them in jars.

Yet more lessons learned during this grow!!

Thanks for the input @Delps8 and sorry that you lost the entire harvest. I am going to go through it all tonight with the scope and see where it stands. I’m hoping that it’s all not a loss.
Here's to hoping things will work out for your grow.
I had 3 6” circulating fans for circulation and 2 4” exhaust fans.

I also probably went overboard on removing foliage but I am not sure I actually had enough airflow across the top of the canopy. I will pay extra close attention to that on the next grow.

As much as I would like an all in 1 unit to control all environmental aspects of my tent, there just isn’t a turnkey set up out there that I’ve found unless all your gear is 1 brand. There is the option of building it, which I have the schematic for my brew panel that I built and could modify that to do what I want. I just don’t have the time or the interest of doing that much work haha. So I am just going to pick up an additional inkbird to control humidity that will power a humidifier and an additional exhaust fan to keep the rh in the sweet spot the entire grow.so here is to winning that @Mars Hydro exhaust fan hahaha

Fingers crossed this harvest doesn’t need to be tossed!
It sounds like you had rally good ventilation but just not in the colas. That's "an outlier" — you're running a wind tunnel and end up with mold vs other folks who have very limited airflow and end up OK. Strange. My sympathies.

Re. a controller - automation is the only way to go!

We've all been there with some form of mold or rot. It's all about learning and cleaning. Pay attention replace filters, wipe down fan blades, sanitize all pots, and equipment.

I did try a bud wash about this time last year

I have yet to smoke them. Trimmed out the bad bad bad bad spots. But they were washed. 4 - 5galbucket
Peroxide and water, baking soda and water, lemon and water, and plain cold water. Each bucket about 3min, then let drip on a metal rack for 1-2hrs, then into hanging basket for about 7-9days, brown bag for 10days, Into jars. I was just curious to see what would happen. It's been over a year. Weed smells like weed, looks like weed, have broke a few nugs up to inspect, but haven't smoked. I just wanted to see if spore activity would continue or not.

It didn't.

This is Dutch though so won't do you any good as per avatar it seems you're in Minnesooota..
But don't you guys have something like this over there?
Mini-Controller-Humi-met-gloed-450x600.png
Thanks for this! I emailed them to see if they have a US version or know of a similar product. This is a much prettier version of what I would be able to build. Would be nice to have a cool app that connected to it as well with the ability to see and control remotely.
We've all been there with some form of mold or rot. It's all about learning and cleaning. Pay attention replace filters, wipe down fan blades, sanitize all pots, and equipment.

I did try a bud wash about this time last year

I have yet to smoke them. Trimmed out the bad bad bad bad spots. But they were washed. 4 - 5galbucket
Peroxide and water, baking soda and water, lemon and water, and plain cold water. Each bucket about 3min, then let drip on a metal rack for 1-2hrs, then into hanging basket for about 7-9days, brown bag for 10days, Into jars. I was just curious to see what would happen. It's been over a year. Weed smells like weed, looks like weed, have broke a few nugs up to inspect, but haven't smoked. I just wanted to see if spore activity would continue or not.

It didn't.
You are braver than I haha I tossed all of mine. Naturally I almost put it in the chicken scrap bin as we put almost all of our food waste and most of the plants that come out of the garden. Then I second guessed that decision and tossed them :)

So just check the jars and all looks good. Rh in them creepy back up to 59-65%. Opened them up for 5 mins to burp and shut them back up.

With their rh where it is and it only being just over a week from chop should I do the 2 times a day burp or just once a day for the next 2 weeks?

Back
Top Bottom