Gov's PlatinumLED Adventure With DocBud's High Brix Kit

Hey all. The plants are looking better today and are obviously benefitting from the drench and the great seat under the light.

high_brix_girls_11_21_14.JPG

8bk
8bkhb1_11_21_14.JPG

8bkhb2_11_21_14.JPG

BD
BDhb1_11_21_14.JPG

BDhb2_11_21_14.JPG

:peace::cool:

Mmmmm nice pins

Thanks guys. They're looking even a little better this morning. Here's a pic I grabbed this morning

hbGirls_11_22_14.JPG

As they recover further, I will remove some of those really twisted leaves, top them and upcan.

I wanted to comment on something here too. I was having a conversation with a buddy that watched them for me a few days and I'm certain that to check the moisture he would kind of squeeze the pot. That jumbles up the colonies in there and really slows them down if I understand correctly. Accordingly, I'd mention to be kind of careful with your plants and don't crush the root balls. While that seems obvious, some people need to be told. When I saw them after they were brought back and mentioned it to him, he had that "oh shit!" look, and I didn't press as he felt badly.

Thanks guys. They're looking even a little better this morning. Here's a pic I grabbed this morning

hbGirls_11_22_14.JPG

As they recover further, I will remove some of those really twisted leaves, top them and upcan.

I wanted to comment on something here too. I was having a conversation with a buddy that watched them for me a few days and I'm certain that to check the moisture he would kind of squeeze the pot. That jumbles up the colonies in there and really slows them down if I understand correctly. Accordingly, I'd mention to be kind of careful with your plants and don't crush the root balls. While that seems obvious, some people need to be told. When I saw them after they were brought back and mentioned it to him, he had that "oh shit!" look, and I didn't press as he felt badly.

they can go a long time in those containers....I'd top them, trim them and let them grow more before transplanting. Try for mildly rootbound.....and definitely bottom feed/water those containers.

It looks like your friend might have over watered and perhaps they got a bit cold.....nothing that will cause any damage in the long term. They'll go just fine.

Yes, I didn't answer that question before (just forgot to go back), but we had a cold snap come through, and it's definitely possible they got a little cold. I know they were inside, but from having the AC on that morning, many of us forgot to put the heat on that night and it might have gotten down into the mid-high 60's, but certainly no lower.

>>>
Hey Everybody. I want to apologize for the sparse updates lately, but suffice it to say a sack full of shit dropped in my lap...but most of it is cleaned up now. <<<

Hey Gov, I'll bet you took that sack of shit and made "Fertilizer" out of it.:adore: :green_heart:

Well, This morning the pots were finally bone dry. I soaked them for ~30 seconds and let them drip and put a cup down the top. It was early and I was preparing for work, so no pics this morning, but they are looking good.

I will try to gather a few pics this afternoon.

Well, This morning the pots were finally bone dry. I soaked them for ~30 seconds and let them drip and put a cup down the top. It was early and I was preparing for work, so no pics this morning, but they are looking good.

I will try to gather a few pics this afternoon.

Good! Next time, try to soak them for 5 minutes or so. Let the water wick its way up to the top. Then tilt them this way and that to drain as much out as you can.

Thanks Doc. Needless to say, I was concerned because of them getting over watered before. I pruned them ever so slightly too after topping them. I took some of the lower growth off the BD (she's getting bushy in there) and the lowest node on the 8bk. I haven't done any further pruning yet, and as the leaves have grown out a bit, I've found some were crushed in the move apparently...but that's past tense now.

Thanks Doc. Needless to say, I was concerned because of them getting over watered before. I pruned them ever so slightly too after topping them. I took some of the lower growth off the BD (she's getting bushy in there) and the lowest node on the 8bk. I haven't done any further pruning yet, and as the leaves have grown out a bit, I've found some were crushed in the move apparently...but that's past tense now.

You won't over-water by soaking them after they've dried out. Over watering is another way of saying they never dry out.....

I highly encourage you to actually let them dry out till they begin to wilt.....lift the pot and learn the weight of a dry pot.....soak them for a good 5 minutes, tilt North,West,East,South until water stops draining (gets rid of the perched water table) and NOW you're watering the right way for vegging plants!

That's exactly how I do it. Thick stems, amazing roots....vigorous blooms.

It's the truth, that will stimulate the root to grow to the edge of the pot. I'll just say that if I put them in pots they are air-pots, but it works anyway. I sometimes left them for the night with the bottoms filled with water and they sucked it up.

Yes, this watering will just mean I will be able to do it proper-like a couple days sooner. They dug it today though.

As they've grown out, I see some "transportation" scars on the old tops, but they're bouncing back. The 8bk had gotten creased before the leaf opened all the way, and the Blue Dream's top was crushed by the container lid.

8bk8b1_11_24_14.JPG

8BKHB1_11_24_14.JPG

BD2_11_24_14.JPG

Yes, this watering will just mean I will be able to do it proper-like a couple days sooner. They dug it today though.

As they've grown out, I see some "transportation" scars on the old tops, but they're bouncing back. The 8bk had gotten creased before the leaf opened all the way, and the Blue Dream's top was crushed by the container lid.

8bk8b1_11_24_14.JPG

8BKHB1_11_24_14.JPG

BD2_11_24_14.JPG

Let them ride out another 3-4 weeks in those pots and you'll have some badass plants bro :high-five:

I would top her right above the 3 rd node & clone the top. They will jump right back. Looking good.:Namaste:

I actually took a few of the fans off the Blue Dream this morning. She is quite healthy, but so squat and bushy I wanted to get some of those branches exposed to light. I took them off one side basically to see how she responds.

For comparison, here is a picture from last year comparing her structure to one of my first 8bk plants.

8bk from last year
IMG_23038.JPG

Blue Dream
BD2_11_24_14.JPG
BD1_11_24_14.JPG

So, some similarities and while different growing methods, I learned I could have increased yields back then by doing some prudent pruning (say that five times fast...)

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom