Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Hello all.

It's Flip + 69 for Copy & Paste.

After weeks of droning on about how Paste was more mature than Copy, now I can hardly tell them apart! :straightface:

Copy:
Copy 2-3-24 F69 solo (2).JPG

Paste:
Paste 2-3-24 F69 solo (2).JPG

What can I say?

Things change.🙂

-----------------------------

I recently said I would describe the process I used to fill my Artrix carts but never got around to it. So let me do it now.

First, a disclaimer: I'm new to this. This describes my first stab at filling a cart. The process is likely to change as I gain more experience.

I began by reading some 420 posts and watching some YouTube vids on the rosin-to-cart process.

From those sources I pieced together my simple strategy.

I put a gram of rosin in a shot glass and set my microwave to 1 minute.

I put the glass in the oven, hit the start button and let it run for a 10 second burst.

Let the glass sit for a minute and hit it with another 10 second burst.

Put 8 drops of liquidizer in the glass and stir. (My liquidizer comes in a bottle that dispenses the liquid in drops.)

Hit it with another 10 second blast.

Stir.

Rest for a minute.

Repeat 10 second blasts (with rests in between) until bubbles no longer appear when stirred.

Let cool for about 20 minutes.

Stir.

If satisfied with viscosity load the cart.

This is where I had to make a guess. I had not idea how thick/thin the oil should be. I estimated based on the carts I've had in the past that the oil should be kinda' thick. Mine was, so I loaded the cart. I must have gotten lucky because the vape performs well, with lots of vapor freely flowing through!

Liquidizer (I got one non-flavored and one flavored "Fruity Cereal." Thus far, only the fruity has been used.😋):
Ldizer pack.JPG

The kit comes with a 3ml syringe (Nice touch!).
Ldizer bottle.jpg

I use pipettes to load the carts. I like them because they're inexpensive and disposable. That oil is some sticky, icky stuff!
pippette.jpg

So that's what I did. When I know better, I'll do better.

I've gone through all ten of the carts that Artrix sent me. I'm going back to my Darth Vapor persona! :cool:

-----------------------------------

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE
Nice i get my liquidizer today, i dont think i'll nuke my oil as its a little less thick enjoy, plants look great

Sorry your plants are evening out in ripeness and completely ruining the contest, but on the plus side they're both looking equally divine!

Nice walk through on the carts... :thanks:
Thanks Shed.

But I disagree with your notion that my contest has been completely ruined. That's fake news. My contest experiment is active and votes remain welcome!

I can draw some specific conclusions even if the plants finish exactly the same. 🙂

ice i get my liquidizer today, i dont think i'll nuke my oil as its a little less thick enjoy, plants look great
Cool, con. Let me know how it goes!

Ok Darth I'm on the verge of filling mine too! They just have to arrive! @Artrix for the win!
As i was enjoying a good piece of public tv yesterday I came across this tune and thought it a good fit. Ron Carter, the most listened to bassist in the world, playing to your ladies, Cut and Paste. Close enough for me. Happy Sunday! :passitleft:

Ok Darth I'm on the verge of filling mine too! They just have to arrive! @Artrix for the win!
As i was enjoying a good piece of public tv yesterday I came across this tune and thought it a good fit. Ron Carter, the most listened to bassist in the world, playing to your ladies, Cut and Paste. Close enough for me. Happy Sunday! :passitleft:
Close enough for me too, Stone. Nice Sunday morning tune! 🎼

Good day all and Happy Sunday!

It's Flip + 70 for Copy & Paste and they're beginning to show their age. It won't be long now!
FFc 2-4-24 F70 tent.JPG

Though they nearly look identical now, Copy on the left remains "beefier" than Paste.

------------------------------

I ran across this pic of a fasciated bud while surfing the net. The guy who grew it was buggin' and cleverly renamed the plant "Caterpillar OG." 🙂

fasciated bud.jpg

-----------------------------------

Thats is a nice jazzy tune / Plants do are looking more the same in my eyes 👀 Nice your carts came out good first time is always a little tension
I was a little tense about the cart but not much. I had done a lot of reading and noted the common threads that existed throughout the different ways folks were doing it. With that info. on hand I figured I could only mess up a little if I messed up at all. Fortunately, Lady Luck was hanging around!

----------------------------------

As always, thanks for spending some time with me.

Have yourself a relaxing and joyful Sunday!

PEACE

Hello all.

It's Flip + 74 for Copy & Paste and all is good as far as I can tell.

Copy:
Copy 2-8-24 F74 solo.JPG

Copy 2-8-24 F74 solo(1).JPG

Paste:
Paste 2-8-24 F74 solo.JPG

Paste 2-8-24 F74 solo(1).JPG

It's been a job -- but a fun job -- keeping these girls relatively upright. And it ain't getting any easier!

But my sole objective of keeping them off of the tent walls has been successful.

Scraggly-looking: OK.
Buds Touching Walls: Not OK
FFc 2-8-24 F74 tent.JPG

Pace is approaching the end. I'm guessing about "10 more days" for her. 🙂

I scoped her this morning:
Paste 2-8-24 F74 trich (1).jpg
Paste 2-8-24 F74 trich (3).jpg
Paste 2-8-24 F74 trich (4).jpg
Paste 2-8-24 F74 trich (5).jpg
Paste 2-8-24 F74 trich (2).jpg

That's all I've got for today.

As always, thanks for looking in.

PEACE

Hello all.

It's Flip + 74 for Copy & Paste and all is good as far as I can tell.

Copy:
Copy 2-8-24 F74 solo.JPG

Copy 2-8-24 F74 solo(1).JPG

Paste:
Paste 2-8-24 F74 solo.JPG

Paste 2-8-24 F74 solo(1).JPG

It's been a job -- but a fun job -- keeping these girls relatively upright. And it ain't getting any easier!

But my sole objective of keeping them off of the tent walls has been successful.

Scraggly-looking: OK.
Buds Touching Walls: Not OK
FFc 2-8-24 F74 tent.JPG

Pace is approaching the end. I'm guessing about "10 more days" for her. 🙂

I scoped her this morning:
Paste 2-8-24 F74 trich (1).jpg
Paste 2-8-24 F74 trich (3).jpg
Paste 2-8-24 F74 trich (4).jpg
Paste 2-8-24 F74 trich (5).jpg
Paste 2-8-24 F74 trich (2).jpg

That's all I've got for today.

As always, thanks for looking in.

PEACE
both are looking great are they both fox tailing ?

Hello again.

Since my post of this morning my inner voice said, "You know these plants can be sneaky. You scoped Paste but you should scope Copy too."

Yeah, just because for some time now I've considered Paster further along, doesn't mean it actually is.

So I scoped Copy:
Copy 2-8-24 F74 trich (3).jpg
Copy 2-8-24 F74 trich (4).jpg
Copy 2-8-24 F74 trich (5).jpg

Looks about the same as Paste to me.

My Lazy-Meter noticed immediately, anticipating chirping loudly if a back-to-back takedown is required. :straightface:

-------------------------

both are looking great are they both fox tailing ?
Thanks con. Yeah foxtails abound.
10 days? Not a chance. I'm going with 9.
Are you sure? I need to plan this. 😁
Well done, GDB!
And you kept them looking good, too
Thank you Carcass.

I got some purple! I think the key is to grow plants whose names don't contain the word "purple." :Rasta:
It's not as bad as it sounds....🤔
True. But in a few of my packed tents of yore I ended up with a few "smooshed" buds, like fat on one side and flat on the other. So it's a pet-peeve now.

PEACE

I agree with Shed...to me, Copy looks ready today, Paste's got a little while 9 days to go...
I ended up with a few "smooshed" buds, like fat on one side and flat on the other.
Yeah, I've got a few of those...and, a little bud that lost a battle with the fan... 🙂

I'm thinking Copy looks closer to done than Paste! I hope that doesn't mess anything up. :rolleyes:
No problem. I write down my plans in pencil.

Back
Top Bottom