Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Do you guys notice a better yield when you use the puck molds b4 you press your bud or is it jus personal preference? I was thinking about getting a pollen press to start making some pucks 2 press instead of jus using my hand but figured id stop here an ask every1 first lol.

Do you guys notice a better yield when you use the puck molds b4 you press your bud or is it jus personal preference? I was thinking about getting a pollen press to start making some pucks 2 press instead of jus using my hand but figured id stop here an ask every1 first lol.
I get more yield but it also takes 10g instead of 6-7g once I pre-press it. I found with the pucks I'm even getting a decent 2nd press, where before I got a negligible amount if I did a a 2nd press on the same puck.

I get more yield but it also takes 10g instead of 6-7g once I pre-press it. I found with the pucks I'm even getting a decent 2nd press, where before I got a negligible amount if I did a a 2nd press on the same puck.

So ur saying since u started pre pressing ur pucks ur able 2 get more on a second run then b4 when u werent pre pressing them? Jus wana make sure i understand u right lol.

So ur saying since u started pre pressing ur pucks ur able 2 get more on a second run then b4 when u werent pre pressing them? Jus wana make sure i understand u right lol.
Yes. I didn’t think there would be anything left in the bag after I flattened it once, and usually there wasn’t much. Once I started pre pressing, I ran the already flattened bag with the puck through a second time (nice and slow) and got another 40% or so I’d say.
I’m still an amateur at this so I am learning as I go. I am lucky and have a year worth of stored product to run through it for practice. GG #4 is still the best so far, for returns and for flavor/high. I haven’t done any of the cured ChemDawg but I’m sure it would be very tasty too.

Night Queen is an average presser, but oh shit is it good.

Durban Poison pressed pretty really well, and also damn good.

Made a sample batch of gummies recently. I was messing with flavor profiles to get something other than standard cherry/watermelon/lemon/orange. I used NQ on two batches, DP on the other. Best thing I’ve done in a while. Strain specific edibles rock. :rofl:

Oh man that looks delicious congrats very nice job.

Night Queen is an average presser, but oh shit is it good.

Durban Poison pressed pretty really well, and also damn good.

Made a sample batch of gummies recently. I was messing with flavor profiles to get something other than standard cherry/watermelon/lemon/orange. I used NQ on two batches, DP on the other. Best thing I’ve done in a while. Strain specific edibles rock. :rofl:

The other day i was actually looking at getting some night queen auto seeds for my next seed purchase. Is urs an auto or photo version? An u got any pics of her?

The other day i was actually looking at getting some night queen auto seeds for my next seed purchase. Is urs an auto or photo version? An u got any pics of her?

I ran the auto. It's in my "Lab" journal.

I had a sample on 8/4, right after she finished drying. Didn't even finish the bowl and was ordering the photo version. Dutch Passion is the breeder. The auto was really good. DP's done some really nice work with their autos and have them right up there with the photos. I ran the photo of DP, then gave the auto a shot in the same run as the night queen. It doesn't disappoint. Other than it flipping itself to flower, they both pretty much grew the same structure, and have the same smell/taste/effects. Definitely not the stereotype autos.

Ok check out my homemade puck maker i made from scratch. An till i can order an actual pollen press this will get me threw lol.

I actually made the puck even tighter 2gether then this pic shows but didnt get a pic the 2nd time. But yea i was wondering why wen i pressed some of my White Rhino buds fully dried n been curing almost a week now but the color of the rosin is greenish darker color did i burn it by going to hot or what does any1 know tht can help me out plz n thanx every1

Man ur stuff always looks so dam gud lol congrats. Do u notice u get better quality lookn stuff if u cure the buds more b4 u squish em or is there much of a difference?
I get a different quality and quantity from freshly dried, but not necessarily fully cured. It also really depends on the bud. Some killer bud is terrible at squishing...at least from what I’ve tested. There’s so much weed and so little time...

This Glue cut that I’ve had for over 5 years is, without a doubt, the best rosin producer I’ve ever seen. There are many like it, but this one is MINE! :headbanger:

This Glue cut that I’ve had for over 5 years is, without a doubt, the best rosin producer I’ve ever seen. There are many like it, but this one is MINE! :headbanger:

Did you name her Charlene? :cheesygrinsmiley:

I get a different quality and quantity from freshly dried, but not necessarily fully cured. It also really depends on the bud. Some killer bud is terrible at squishing...at least from what I’ve tested. There’s so much weed and so little time...

Lol yea u got a killer one here congrats. Im in hopes of creating a zkittles auto cross with a gorilla glue auto n am in hopes of creating one tht will be a gud for squishing. But yea im jus guna have 2 play with i habe an go with whats best lol. Im noticing that alot of my squeezes so far end up like a greenish look know whats up with tht am i doing sumthn wrong?

I'm lost here in this thread. Read through pages and pages and not sure yet why someone directed me here about a question I had.
Reading through making concentrates, from cold alcohol wash to making bubble hash. Got me wondering, has anyone ever used the alcohol then used the bubble hash bags to strain instead of having to wait for the alcohol to cook or evaporate away?
I mean, I was kinda shocked at the bubble hash and freezing /breaking trichromes off with ice water. Never would have thought that you could get the return they do.
Has anyone ever tried using the alcohol wash first? Then strain with bags and process as usual for bubble hash? I mean, wouldn't any alcohol left in the hash evaporate away while drying on cardboard?

I'm lost here in this thread. Read through pages and pages and not sure yet why someone directed me here about a question I had.
Reading through making concentrates, from cold alcohol wash to making bubble hash. Got me wondering, has anyone ever used the alcohol then used the bubble hash bags to strain instead of having to wait for the alcohol to cook or evaporate away?
I mean, I was kinda shocked at the bubble hash and freezing /breaking trichromes off with ice water. Never would have thought that you could get the return they do.
Has anyone ever tried using the alcohol wash first? Then strain with bags and process as usual for bubble hash? I mean, wouldn't any alcohol left in the hash evaporate away while drying on cardboard?

The alcohol dissolves the trichomes so the filtering is impossible afterwards. You can make bubble and then squish that...makes some killer rosin.

Back
Top Bottom