Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

i got to ask but did you stir vigorously ? i stirred vig with my hand in bucket .. the critic acid anhydrous did
not dissolve well and need to be stirred into soln.. makes tonns of bubbles too...
I shake and shake and shake and don't get bubbles. My citric acid is standard food grade and easily dissolves.
81KTxrWfqdL._SL1500_.jpg

I shake and shake and shake and don't get bubbles. My citric acid is standard food grade and easily dissolves.
81KTxrWfqdL._SL1500_.jpg

i think its the soap that make the bubbles .. i use dawn soap vs sun light dish soap. guess dawn might be milder
since they was ducks with it.. maybe not.. dont know.. heres my acid!! i put in 160 grams added 50mls of soap
put my hand in the bucket to feel bottom ... could feel the grandular acid at bottom of bucket does not disovle well
and needs to be stirred into soln.. and make some bubbles while your at it.. :)

and my press station waiting for more buds to come in... only got 10 oz in the cupboard yikes

Much less soap then. I use Dawn as well but not so much as it makes suds. It won't help you now but when I get home I'll get a more accurate measurement on the soap.

crapy weather up here all this week not alot of sun in forecast..

this plant smells great tonight standing on my upper deck..

feeling good tonight so i did a press want to see?

do si do aug 23 in the bottle .. 5 weeks ..

smoke is strong
Nice! I like that you have a pressure gauge. I am a little bummed that I don't have one. Do you have a standard pressure you use or does it depend on the strain?

feeling good tonight so i did a press want to see?

do si do aug 23 in the bottle .. 5 weeks ..

smoke is strong
I'm extremely new to the world of pressing. Is 10% return good or bad?
Sorry if its a stupid question. We have zero extracts really in UK.

I'm extremely new to the world of pressing. Is 10% return good or bad?
Sorry if its a stupid question. We have zero extracts really in UK.
Man... no stupid questions here! I'm new to pressing too. All these ladies and gents will help with any questions along the way. The great thing is typically if we don't know the answer, it's within reach. As for me, I normally have been reading that upper teens to 20% is considered a decent return. BUT...maybe that 10% is some of the smoothest and juiciest rosin you've ever had?! Then would the % matter to you?

I've never smoked rosin. I've smoked weed for around 15 years but mainly just joints. When I first started would use alot of homemade bongs but that was mainly necessary because we were poor teenagers and couldn't afford tobacco. Hehe we've all been there I'm sure :)

Im starting to notice that smoking is having adverse effects and am planning to move to tobacco less smoking in the next year. I'm very out of the loop so I just looked at what was good 10 year ago in the volcano vaporiser. It's expensive but the ability to enjoy a vapour bag at my own please appeals to me. (as I'm used to smoking joints over time few drags every now and then especially when gaming etc) however I know you can use extracts in vape pens and I've seen the newer products especially seem to care about the terpines aswell as strength. Again though we have zero availability in UK for this.

I know I have to change my habits with tobacco. I do enjoy tobacco personally but know how bad it is for you. I was planning on cutting tobacco completely and maybe enjoying a good cigar once a week as a treat :)

Anyway any thoughts on how to transition from Weed and tobacco joints to not using tobacco is appreciated.

I should also say I'm not really into blunts but as I'm about to crop this weekend I think I will get some wraps and give it a try. (I know the wrap is tobacco but I think it might be a good stepping point into smoking pure weed blunts with papers in the future.

I dunno sorry for rambling. Had a family friend die of cancer recently from smoking and its made me reevaluate things a bit.

Sorry to hear about your family friend Moony, and that kind of tragedy is bound to inspire you to do some reevaluation. I never smoked tobacco so I'm not sure why you would need to transition (rather than switch), unless it's the nicotine addiction holding you back. Nicotine can be tougher to quit than many of the hard drugs on the street.

There are vape pens (non-cartridge) that will work with rosin, as long as you don't mind keeping them clean. DynaVap comes to mind.

I've never smoked rosin. I've smoked weed for around 15 years but mainly just joints. When I first started would use alot of homemade bongs but that was mainly necessary because we were poor teenagers and couldn't afford tobacco. Hehe we've all been there I'm sure :)

Im starting to notice that smoking is having adverse effects and am planning to move to tobacco less smoking in the next year. I'm very out of the loop so I just looked at what was good 10 year ago in the volcano vaporiser. It's expensive but the ability to enjoy a vapour bag at my own please appeals to me. (as I'm used to smoking joints over time few drags every now and then especially when gaming etc) however I know you can use extracts in vape pens and I've seen the newer products especially seem to care about the terpines aswell as strength. Again though we have zero availability in UK for this.

I know I have to change my habits with tobacco. I do enjoy tobacco personally but know how bad it is for you. I was planning on cutting tobacco completely and maybe enjoying a good cigar once a week as a treat :)

Anyway any thoughts on how to transition from Weed and tobacco joints to not using tobacco is appreciated.

I should also say I'm not really into blunts but as I'm about to crop this weekend I think I will get some wraps and give it a try. (I know the wrap is tobacco but I think it might be a good stepping point into smoking pure weed blunts with papers in the future.

I dunno sorry for rambling. Had a family friend die of cancer recently from smoking and its made me reevaluate things a bit.
Sorry about your friend, I had asthma as a kid and after decades of smoking bongs a d joints my lungs started to get really bad. In the past 5 years I have spent over 1000 on vapes. Get a storz and bickel they're engineered to last and they perform fantastic. I currently have the small portable they make called the mighty and use it along with a water pipe adapter and a small glass bong and I havent had the desire to smoke anything in over a year. I've tried over 20 different dry herb vapes and this is the only one that packs a punch and effects similar to the way I get from smoking

Sorry to hear about your friend. Smoking tobacco is most definitely a tough one to rid yourself of. I may not be able to help you to transitioning as I don't think that is a perspective I agree with. I don't believe that cannabis is addictive. I do believe though that aspects of the culture that surrounds the plant are addictive (i.e. 420Magazine forum, growing, routines of smoking or consumption, etc.). Since nicotine is such an addictive substance, often our behaviors surrounding the act of smoking need to be reconsidered more than anything else. Begin to transition your life and mind away from those behaviors. When I quit, I walked away from a pack and a half to two per day habit. I quit cold turkey and I have not had another cigarette since. Have I wanted one since then? Of course! Often because of the behaviors that I associated with smoking a cigarette spark the initial desire to light one up.

I know this may not help and this is not something that necessarily aligns with the perspective of many. I would like to at least challenge you to answer a couple questions.

Do you want to quit?
I believe you have answered this question already. And I mean TRULY want to quit!

Is it important enough to you personally to quit and completely forget about it?
This is where this gets really hard. Do your best to not remember the last cigarette you had. At first you need to forget the minutes, then the hours, then the days, then the weeks, then the months, then the years. After a while, you simply will not remember when you quit and frankly IT DOES NOT MATTER! Why do you feel the need to celebrate an anniversary and remind yourself of that habit? Instead, rejoice in leaving it in the past where it belongs. Leave the burden in the past along with the memory of your last cigarette. If you need help, reach out. I would love to know that you have succeeded and only enjoying cannabis. Blessings!

Sorry to hear about your family friend Moony, and that kind of tragedy is bound to inspire you to do some reevaluation. I never smoked tobacco so I'm not sure why you would need to transition (rather than switch), unless it's the nicotine addiction holding you back. Nicotine can be tougher to quit than many of the hard drugs on the street.

There are vape pens (non-cartridge) that will work with rosin, as long as you don't mind keeping them clean. DynaVap comes to mind.
I have a dynavap and it's not bad at all. I know a few people that swear by them. I prefer the
Sorry to hear about your friend. Smoking tobacco is most definitely a tough one to rid yourself of. I may not be able to help you to transitioning as I don't think that is a perspective I agree with. I don't believe that cannabis is addictive. I do believe though that aspects of the culture that surrounds the plant are addictive (i.e. 420Magazine forum, growing, routines of smoking or consumption, etc.). Since nicotine is such an addictive substance, often our behaviors surrounding the act of smoking need to be reconsidered more than anything else. Begin to transition your life and mind away from those behaviors. When I quit, I walked away from a pack and a half to two per day habit. I quit cold turkey and I have not had another cigarette since. Have I wanted one since then? Of course! Often because of the behaviors that I associated with smoking a cigarette spark the initial desire to light one up.

I know this may not help and this is not something that necessarily aligns with the perspective of many. I would like to at least challenge you to answer a couple questions.

Do you want to quit?
I believe you have answered this question already. And I mean TRULY want to quit!

Is it important enough to you personally to quit and completely forget about it?
This is where this gets really hard. Do your best to not remember the last cigarette you had. At first you need to forget the minutes, then the hours, then the days, then the weeks, then the months, then the years. After a while, you simply will not remember when you quit and frankly IT DOES NOT MATTER! Why do you feel the need to celebrate an anniversary and remind yourself of that habit? Instead, rejoice in leaving it in the past where it belongs. Leave the burden in the past along with the memory of your last cigarette. If you need help, reach out. I would love to know that you have succeeded and only enjoying cannabis. Blessings!
I smoked cigarettes for over 20 years and switched to those pod vapes and now I'm trying to get off the nicotine vapes and its brutal. Tried to quit back in August, woke up every hour of the night for about 3 days and everytime I would wake up and feel like I was still dreaming. About 5 days after stopping I woke up at 3am thinking the bed was on fire for some reason and evacuated the dog from under the bed until I realized I was hallucinating. Shit ain't no joke to kick

Sorry about your friend, I had asthma as a kid and after decades of smoking bongs a d joints my lungs started to get really bad. In the past 5 years I have spent over 1000 on vapes. Get a storz and bickel they're engineered to last and they perform fantastic. I currently have the small portable they make called the mighty and use it along with a water pipe adapter and a small glass bong and I havent had the desire to smoke anything in over a year. I've tried over 20 different dry herb vapes and this is the only one that packs a punch and effects similar to the way I get from smoking
I have seen the bickel vapes. Look like a good bit of kit! The one that looks like a grenade seems impressive and reviews are good. I think if I had the volcano for watching TV etc. The hand held grenade bickel would be good for gaming or anything where I need to be a bit mobile. Problem is the combined cost is around 700 pounds lol. I'd like the mighty handheld and the hybrid vaporiser.

As getting rosin would mean making my own and investing yet more huge amounts of money in a heated press it's just getting too expensive lol. I think my best hope is to save for one of the 2 mentioned above and see how that works as a way to quit.

Would you consider enjoying the occasional cigar as not quiting?
Honestly, it doesn't matter if I think it's not quitting. Again, look at the behaviors surrounding the nicotine. I would love an occasional cigar but I have personally opted to stay away from them because I know I would love and enjoy them too much. It would become a problem...for me. Maybe not for you though.
Shit ain't no joke to kick
Isn't that the dammed truth...I honestly don't remember anymore but I do faintly remember that I was not a pleasant person for a little bit. I do remember that much. The rest I put behind me and forgot about it.

I really like the idea of a nice pen style vape. The American Market is so good I don't think I'd ever run out of new tastes and highs lol. Unfortunately UK is non existent when it comes to anything weed :( it's all about knowing the right person and there's no testing or product safety because of this. I've seen the herb pens and tbh they tend to be a bit rubbish if just for herb only. And since the rosin would have to be made by me too I'm a bit stuck there.

Thank you for your kind words too. He was like an uncle and my step dad's oldest friend. Cancer is a dickhead.

I've seen the herb pens and tbh they tend to be a bit rubbish if just for herb only. And since the rosin would have to be made by me too I'm a bit stuck there.

Thank you for your kind words too. He was like an uncle and my step dad's oldest friend. Cancer is a dickhead.
I have a PAX 3. It does flower and concentrates. I prefer to vaporize flower out of that than anything else. I'm able to taste the terpenes of the various strains and I can get just as lit. The amount of smoke depends on the temperature but it will never replicate a joint or bong. In essence you are only taking in the best part of the flower anyway instead of the inevitable microscopic carbon bits in your lungs.

Honestly, it doesn't matter if I think it's not quitting. Again, look at the behaviors surrounding the nicotine. I would love an occasional cigar but I have personally opted to stay away from them because I know I would love and enjoy them too much. It would become a problem...for me. Maybe not for you though.

Isn't that the dammed truth...I honestly don't remember anymore but I do faintly remember that I was not a pleasant person for a little bit. I do remember that much. The rest I put behind me and forgot about it.
Well I can be quite good if I try. The cigars at the moment are a treat maybe 3 or 4 times a year. Christmas new year birthday etc. I understand the parallels with alcohol addiction(an alcoholic can't have 1 drink and leave it there)

I dunno. I think it would be something I'd have to consider. Addiction is a weird thing. Simplified it's down to the question "if you had to never have it again could you?"

But I disagree with this as a premise for addiction. I don't think I'm addicted to steak. But if someone said you can't have steak again I would object, does this mean I am addicted?

I think there's a difference between addiction with compulsive negative behaviour and wanting to have something which is bad for you as a treat. Let's face it life is shitty, enjoying the little things even when bad for you is what makes life fun. But enjoying in moderation is the important thing. I think animals in general are predisposed to addiction. Give a rat a button which gives it orgasms it will push it over food sleep drink everything. Does that mean we shouldn't have orgasms as they can be addictive?

It's all a very interesting question with many different ideas. I think the general idea is "is the behaviour compulsive and negative to persons life in general" if we use this as a basis I don't think a cigar once maybe twice a month would be too much.

However I'm very open to other ideas on this. :)

I think anything you can enjoy in moderation isn't addicting for you. As I recall from my psych classes in college (many moons ago), the two types of addiction are physical (nicotine, heroin) and psychological. Physical addictions will show actual physiological signs of withdrawal, and psychological addictions will have emotional withdrawal symptoms. The physical withdrawal symptoms of psychological addictions will tend to be emotionally based.

And both of those are very individual as we've seen here. There are folks who quit nicotine cold turkey and never look back. Others have great difficulty giving up cannabis, or gambling...

Back
Top Bottom