Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

I'm not sure why my pics doubled, I've done that twice recently. Anyway, I'm curious to see how the air fryer works
You know...after I took them out, I was surprised. They weren't crispy but they weren't wet anymore. I probably could have left them another 15-30 minutes before putting them in a jar. They are in an open jar for the evening. Currently at 88%. When I pulled them out, I thought for sure I toasted them a little too much. I guess not though. They also didn't have too much of a grassy/hay smell either. I know they won't be technically cured but if I can get them close to the right parameters for pressing...you better believe it is going to happen!!!

Here is all the hard ass work of collecting on cheap ass paper and probably a lot of ignorant techniques! :bongrip::laugh:

Man this stuff is so dark! Is that because of the fats in the oil that escaped during the blow out? Or a flower strain thing? I'm after some golden nectar...not this black tar m÷%h stuff.

Old habits die hard. Rosin joint time. GSC rosin and flower. I really do not enjoy these papers but was reminded how much I like rosin in a joint.

20210930_225424.jpg
20210930_230458.jpg

20210930_225424.jpg

Edit: I'll try downloading the web app. For some reason when I post I get duplicates. I noticed the loading is a bit different. Anyway, apologies again for duplicates

You know...after I took them out, I was surprised. They weren't crispy but they weren't wet anymore. I probably could have left them another 15-30 minutes before putting them in a jar. They are in an open jar for the evening. Currently at 88%. When I pulled them out, I thought for sure I toasted them a little too much. I guess not though. They also didn't have too much of a grassy/hay smell either. I know they won't be technically cured but if I can get them close to the right parameters for pressing...you better believe it is going to happen!!!

Here is all the hard ass work of collecting on cheap ass paper and probably a lot of ignorant techniques! :bongrip::laugh:

Man this stuff is so dark! Is that because of the fats in the oil that escaped during the blow out? Or a flower strain thing? I'm after some golden nectar...not this black tar m÷%h stuff.
I've noticed that when I get darker rosin it's usually a combination of high humidity and plant matter. If I do a final trim and remove any extra sugar leaves it usually results in a lighter color rosin. When I pressed my trim from my last batch it was black as tar and then when I pressed just the buds that were trimmed better the result was a much lighter and cleaner tasting rosin

Nice one, MG. I’ve been smoking GSC and C99 rosin in chemdog doobies tonight. Yours looks :drool:mouthwatering!

thats alot of rosin coming out ? is the fresh flower still a bit moist and watery? my fresh do si do press was
a bit more than the 6 weeks cured up stuff.. the cured up flower taste much better in the rosin .. dam jealous of so much gue

cheers

thats alot of rosin coming out ? is the fresh flower still a bit moist and watery? my fresh do si do press was
a bit more that 6 weeks cured up .. the cured up flower taste much better in the rosin .. dam jealous of so much gue

cheers

Cheers Delta.
I’ve found different source material gives different results. That was the first squish of what will be many from the GSC comparative grow some of us have been part of.
I did a little montage of a squish on my GSC thread in my sig.

wondering what grandpa rosin would do with some nice bud with a bit on PM on the leaves?

Industry insiders on podcasts I hear saying “hey you notice there’s all these extracts on the market now and people aren’t having problems with powdery mildew anymore?” and exchanging busy silences.

white spots are pm

Citric acid sprays will kill it. 10g per litre H2O a couple of times a week. Kill it in the leaves before it gets in to the flowers.
:green_heart:

@InTheShed has the cure for PM , let me see if I can find it , I’ll take it to your thread unless he beats me to it. !
Here is the recipe, and you can scale it up or down based on how much you need:
5g citric acid
500ml distilled water
10 pipette drops dish soap
Mix well and spray, preferably first thing in the morning before the sun will be on the plant. If not, late in the day so it can evaporate before nightfall but not burn in the heat of the day.
Make sure you get the whole plant as PM can hide between the buds and the branch.

5g citric acid
500ml distilled water
Mix well and spray, preferably first thing in the morning before the sun will be on the plant. If not, late in the day so it can evaporate before nightfall but not burn in the heat of the day.
Make sure you get the whole plant as PM can hide between the buds and the branch.
I gave what you told Joe this morning.

I've noticed that when I get darker rosin it's usually a combination of high humidity and plant matter. If I do a final trim and remove any extra sugar leaves it usually results in a lighter color rosin. When I pressed my trim from my last batch it was black as tar and then when I pressed just the buds that were trimmed better the result was a much lighter and cleaner tasting rosin
ive learnt you cannot press leaf matter .. u will get poor yeild and alot of bad flavor.. i also think it hold backs the rosin
in the bud from coming out of the filter bag.. i like to press well trimmed somewhat cured bud to start with 10 days maybe but the 6 to 8 weeks cured wow flavor.. yield goes down a lot too..

ive learnt you cannot press leaf matter .. u will get poor yeild and alot of bad flavor.. i also think it hold backs the rosin
in the bud from coming out of the filter bag.. i like to press well trimmed somewhat cured bud to start with 10 days maybe but the 6 to 8 weeks cured wow flavor.. yield goes down a lot too..

I’ve collected some fluffy trim and dried it carefully. 15g at a time in a big bag for 2g returns. Just have a play, I reckon.

Since I’ve been plagued by the PM this winter (down here) I haven’t collected trim for a while.

5g citric acid
500ml distilled water

will this kill the pistols on the buds?

Not at all, as long as they don't get hit with the sun when they're still wet. Sun on wet pistils will fry them, but the citric acid alone won't. I've saved a lot of harvests with this stuff, and so has DonkeyDick!

ok Jorge Cervantes on youtube recommends giving buds h202 bath wash rinse .. just after harvest.. ?

what you think of that?

ok Jorge Cervantes on youtube recommends giving buds h202 bath wash rinse .. just after harvest.. ?
what you think of that?
I've seen that video and I've washed my harvests that way for years now, but I also noticed that spraying the leaves with H2O2 didn't stop the PM, so I no longer put any stock in that. I still use H2O2 because it does kill most of the insects still on the plant at harvest, but I use it at much higher concentration. I mix 3% H2O2 50/50 with water for my washes.

Expensive but worth it.

If you have PM still at harvest, add citric acid to your wash water. 1% like the spray.

I've seen that video and I've washed my harvests that way for years now, but I also noticed that spraying the leaves with H2O2 didn't stop the PM, so I no longer put any stock in that. I still use H2O2 because it does kill most of the insects still on the plant at harvest, but I use it at much higher concentration. I mix 3% H2O2 50/50 with water for my washes.

Expensive but worth it.

If you have PM still at harvest, add citric acid to your wash water. 1% like the spray.

i ordered up some citric acid anhydrous.. 5 lbs.. and what kind of secret dish soap ?

This here is why I haven’t collected any trim for a while. (I still have some put away

The citric acid a la @InTheShed is magic though. You do have to do the budwash - also a good thing as washed buds are better. I also use citric acid at the wash, then baking soda, then rinse.
:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom