Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Autos

Re: Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Au

OT...true. the concern I have is during summer time when the weather warms up and the lush green Foothills and mountains turn brown and dry out. I know I can adjust for that, and indoors is better than out in this case... I am also concerned about the RH. Although... The air is clean and the water is much more pure than down here. Lot to consider... I also have my transplanted heart to think about. Doctors are okay with it. But dot dot dot that is not for this thread, really. I probably shouldn't have brought it up. Thanks for your response, my friend. Gotta get back to the grow in my next post.

Re: Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Au

Its ok to talk about personal matters, its good to let others know what you are going through. We hope your new and improved heart stays strong. Air is thinner up higher which means less oxygen but idk if that means less co2 as well. Google has all the answers.

IT...thanks. I've been trying Google, but I can't seem to find many results. I'll just have to call my doctors in San Francisco tomorrow and see what they think. As far as CO2, I am going to assume the levels will be close to the same in comparison to 02. I would think that they get thinner at the same rates

These were taken yesterday afternoon after they had a nice watering with some seaweed liquid. Nothing else. We had to add some more sand on top of the soil and treat with pesticide as some of the gnats started showing again. I would like some detailed opinions as to their appearance now. Kelley says they look good and describe them to me the best she can comma but there are things she is not trained yet to notice. Any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot, and may God bless!

Trickle
05-28-17_BT_Side.jpg

05-28-17_BT_Top.jpg

Express
05-28-17_PX_Side.jpg

05-28-17_PX_Top.jpg

Rhino
05-28-17_RR_Side.jpg

05-28-17_RR_Top.jpg

Looks like you've turned the corner and are heading in the right direction. The Rhino is looking very healthy.

Good to hear, PW. Wish we had figured it out sooner so we could have gotten them a bit bigger. But that's okay the experience and learning I have put under my belt will be more valuable each grow.

I've been ruminating and scratching my head about what happened with this grow. I came up with this...

1. What I used was a miserable concoction that flat didn't work. The lava rock that I put in not only made the drainage way too high with the Pearl Light, it especially didn't allow their roots to grow easily and nearly as well as they should have.
2. Never should have used the Miracle-Gro. Obviously too hot.
3. The gnats and the lack of pH control, caused by my stupid lack of a pen.
4. Bad air. Obviously, the one fan was not enough. I will need another 6 inch clip on fan at least blowing air out of the tent directly. Ideally at least one inline fan with a carbon filter

5. Lights. I never thought to keep the lights a certain height above them at all times. The light stayed way too high, even as they matured. So I will now keep them approximately 12 to 14 inches above the top of the plants.

These are the main ones I came up with along with a few minor ones that don't bear mentioning here. I don't know completely if I got it right, so anything that doesn't appear correct, please correct me. I am more than disappointed at my performance this first time out. I refuse not to learn from my mistakes. Again, I want to thank you all for sticking around and helping me out. I will continue to post pictures and make reports until Harvest Time. Any more advice for the next grow would be more than heartily appreciated. This next grow will also be documented here. God bless, everyone!

My first indoor grow resulted in 4 Diesel Ryder auto dead. I killed them good too! Lol

I've been ruminating and scratching my head about what happened with this grow. I came up with this...

1. What I used was a miserable concoction that flat didn't work. The lava rock that I put in not only made the drainage way too high with the Pearl Light, it especially didn't allow their roots to grow easily and nearly as well as they should have.
2. Never should have used the Miracle-Gro. Obviously too hot.
3. The gnats and the lack of pH control, caused by my stupid lack of a pen.
4. Bad air. Obviously, the one fan was not enough. I will need another 6 inch clip on fan at least blowing air out of the tent directly. Ideally at least one inline fan with a carbon filter

5. Lights. I never thought to keep the lights a certain height above them at all times. The light stayed way too high, even as they matured. So I will now keep them approximately 12 to 14 inches above the top of the plants.

These are the main ones I came up with along with a few minor ones that don't bear mentioning here. I don't know completely if I got it right, so anything that doesn't appear correct, please correct me. I am more than disappointed at my performance this first time out. I refuse not to learn from my mistakes. Again, I want to thank you all for sticking around and helping me out. I will continue to post pictures and make reports until Harvest Time. Any more advice for the next grow would be more than heartily appreciated. This next grow will also be documented here. God bless, everyone!
Do you have access to good soil grandpa? I will mail you a bag if need be. Pm me if needed, i really want to see you get a good grow going.

I dont have exp with auto's, but from what I have read recently, it seems they will start to flower when the roots hit the bottom of the container they are in. So, if you run auto's again, start them in their final pot, not a solo cup, and a skinny and deep pot is better than a shallow and wide one, or so I have been told. Good luck on the next one, we are all here rooting for you.

BB... I had found some great soil according to the label that was read to me, even including the marijuana leaf on the bag itself. This distributor had more than two pallets last week. They are now 100% out and don't know if they can get it again. Of all things it was a very simple name. It was called Redi Gro organic Potting Soil. I looked online and on Amazon, and could not find a reference to it other than their website that I could not navigate at all.
That is a fantastic offer and you have no idea how appreciated it is. I have returned your p.m.
Boom...I've can you run into that information about the roots. Thank you for letting me know! These were started right in their pots. The pots are just regular old terracotta. They are four and a half gallon pots, and these little girls didn't get very big, so I am not positive they ever came close to the bottom of the pots. The initial planting will be the same as this one. Soaked for 24 hours or until they sink, and then planted directly into their final pot. Thank you for that great advice and for the wonderful encouraging words.

I'll be posting later today with a report of what we did, and possibly some more pics.

The girls got a watering and a feeding yesterday morning. I haven't checked this morning see how they reacted, but they got some seaweed liquid, BSM and a touch of ProTech.
Both Kelley and I have been under the weather to certain degrees over the past two or three weeks. As soon as she feels up to it, we'll take some new pics.
Happy Sunday everyone!

We took these yesterday when they were 8 weeks old from sprouting.
Suggestions dot dot dot comments...
Is there something I should be doing at this point other than watering and feeding? When should I start to flush, or should I have done that already?

Trickle
06-05-17_BT_Top.jpg

06-05-17_BT_Side.jpg

Express
06-05-17_PX_Top.jpg

06-05-17_PX_Side.jpg

Rhino
06-05-17_RR_Top.jpg

06-05-17_RR_Side.jpg

Thanks IT. Makes sense. If anybody else has a different opinion, or has more advice... Please don't hesitate. I want my next grow to go as successfully as possible. The more I learn here, the better it will be, thanks to all of you.

The girls got some water with a quarter serving of Pro-Tech, and full strength seaweed liquid and molasses yesterday evening. When we turn the lights back on, we'll see how they are doing. Hope everybody is doing okay! I guess, since we're getting close to the end of the grow, and it was such a bust... Not many take time anymore. I don't blame you guys at all. God bless!

I am always in the background lol, arms crossed and rubbing my chin, nodding my head and going mmhmm mmhmm, your plants are coming along and have provided you with some valuable experience. It can only get better! Keep it up

Your next grow will go so much smoother, i really cant wait to see the next one. Have you decided on what strains you're going to grow next grow?

Back
Top Bottom