Grandpa's White Widow - 1st grow EVER

Might want to raise the entire cabinet up and slide some rigid styrofoam insulation under it.

your seedlings look good to me,, thick stems,, i would suggest for like $20 buying some daylight (6500k) cfl's to hang over them just for a little added light,,
but nice cab i must say,, the fans likely be adequate for a while as they likely are at least 30cfm and if both running properly would likely clear that room once a min if it is say 54cf and proper size passive intake,,but as with in light ,, more is usually better,,:)
great job!
good luck.

Lookin good can't wait to have the ladies outdoors and getting thick and to see one of your ladies outdoors.

Thanxxx yall for all the help. Quick question though...I have noticed that over the past few days that the soil is getting low. Should I add more soil so as not to expose the roots ? Where is the correct level to keep the top soil line ?

04-10-09.JPG

hey big poppa nice to have you here :) nice sprout´s .

i´d like to remind you i´m not a professional but i´we been growing for about a year now and my thumbs are getting kinda green:) but from my experience the soil always sinks a little , its just the soil getting wet and it falls into itself extracting most of your air supply"depending on your soil type" its totally normal and you don´t have to add any soil ! from what i´we noticed that sproutlings dont like that much attention i just leave mine alone for the first 2 - 3 weeks and my seedling/clone survival rate is somewhat over 90% "accidents happen" like the good book says "just add water from time to time"

dont let them dry out , dont let them drown other than that just leave´em alone.

Hey grandpastoner and welcome to 420mag

I'm seriously lovin the name you chose hehe :)
I'll echo skariskunk - not a pro here either but the soil always does sink after a few waterings, you should be fine!

Props on the growbox too! Are you planning on keeping all 6 plants in there? It might get a little tight... Also, you could try getting a few CFLs in there and get em hanging from the top of your cabinet.. I'm not too sure but having your only light source coming form the sides might confuse the plants since they usually tend to grow upwards towards the light?? I'll let the pros confirm :p

I always add soil to the top of the container. I fill with mostly Earthworm castings. Seedlings are looking great! I would suggest getting some CFL's on top of those babies :goodjob: I'm growing a WW/Haze cross from Greenhouse Seed Co. named Alaskan Ice. It's growing similar to the Nirvana WW I grew last year. FAST AND STEADY

definately man I'd start a couple extra if you are gunna put any out in the summer. If I can grow white widow, white rhino, super silver haze, lemon skunk, big bang and cough outdoors this summer your plants should do great.

I saw on my growers dvd that in the seedling/sprout stage, placing the babies on a heating pad increases growth rate. So today...this is what I did.

rsz_04-14-09_007.jpg

It's still a long way from a killer bud in my bowl...but they've come a good ways from a packet of seeds in my mailbox.

rsz_04-14-09_003.jpg

The true leaves are nice and large I think. The base stems seem strong. I hope the heating pad idea is a viable one.

rsz_04-14-09_002.jpg

I am watering about every other day. And when I do I give them a good taste. Again I am using pure bottled water. How big do I let them get before I put them in their larger containers ?

I think something is wrong. As you can see, ALL my babies get the same amount of light, they are in the same soil, same air and water...but the one on the lower left has yellowing begining on the true leaves.

rsz_family_pix_040.jpg

Here is a close up of the yellowing plant.

rsz_family_pix_042.jpg

This is a different one with yellow spots begining to form.

rsz_family_pix_043.jpg

Yet this one seems fine.

rsz_family_pix_044.jpg

The base stems seem strong and sturdy though...

rsz_family_pix_049.jpg

Is there something I am doing wrong ? Have I harmed them in some way out of ignorance ? I am pretty worried about this. Sure could use some help yall.

I am using Miricle Grow potting soil...so the nutes are already in the soil. Everything was fine till abaou a day ago when the yellowing began. The cabs are located in my basement...which by the way is where my mother-in-law lets her dogs use the bathroom. I am afraid this will affect my ladies or even kill them. The dogs don't get near my babies (they are locked in the cabs). But the air is filled with amonia and funk. Could this be a cause for alarm like I fear ?

I use the finger method for checking and when it feels a little less than moist, I water. I do admit that when I last watered (day before yesterday) I went a bit heavy before realized what I had done. But I thought with a heating pad under them and the lights on 24/7 IF I had overwatered, it would evaporate.

I bet its the soil.
I used a mix of scotts, and MG as well and the same thing is happening,
just not as severe. I just saw a journal in which MG completely sabotaged his entire grow 18 days in. Its harsh on the seedlings.
But different strains handle it differently.
Definitely look into Fox Farm soil for the transplant.
ALSO, be sure to check the pH of the water you're using.
I'm sure they'll recover soon.
Other than that, great job :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom