Grandpa's White Widow - 1st grow EVER

Might want to cut that soil with an equal parts of perlite, vermiculite, and peat moss with a little lime and Cal-Mag. And then remove the part of MG from the bucket.

If you can't remove the MG, at least you will have thinned it (and the stuff in it) down to 25% and lightened your soil.

And you can water to the point of runoff, say two or three times the volume of your planters to wash out some of the ferts each time. But I don't know how well this works with the time-release stuff.

MG works fine for me and my plants are almost all cloneable green and thick stems

It seems to be spreading. Now I am worried....seriously. Here are the changes from just 24 hours ago.

I rearranged the order of them so as to keep them away from the heat of the tube ends.

rsz_04-18-09_001.jpg

The overall cab temp was around 90 degrees by the time I got home !

rsz_04-18-09_002.jpg

Another baby has started to yellow.

rsz_04-18-09_003.jpg

And another...

rsz_04-18-09_004.jpg

Here's a closer look at the same plant shown above

rsz_04-18-09_004.jpg

Some leaves are starting to droop also...

rsz_04-18-09_006.jpg

She is just unhealthy...

rsz_04-18-09_008.jpg

I shut off one light in each corner for the night in an effort to reduce the heat of the cab.

rsz_04-18-09_014.jpg

Here is the larger fan I am gonna install in the morning. The blade span is just about the size of my hand. I should be able to run all the lights once again and still maintain a decent 78 to 80 degree temp.

rsz_04-18-09_016.jpg

Tomorrow calls for Plentiful sunshine. High 73F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph....so I am thinking about taking my babies outside for some real sunshine and good old fashioned fresh air. Hell...couldn't hurt them I don't think. If anyone has any comments or helpful advice (like I normally get anyway)...I will be online ALL night.

hey grandpastoner!
welcome.

i wouldnt recommend direct sunlight. i did that and lost 3 plants, it is too intense for light born babies. if you are going to do it, put them out side under shade, this will help the plants adjust to the sun and not shock them. good luck, and enjoy the weather while it lasts rain for sunday, monday, and tuesday (if you are as close as i think), i know i will too

hey grandpastoner!
welcome.

i wouldnt recommend direct sunlight. i did that and lost 3 plants, it is too intense for light born babies. if you are going to do it, put them out side under shade, this will help the plants adjust to the sun and not shock them. good luck, and enjoy the weather while it lasts rain for sunday, monday, and tuesday (if you are as close as i think), i know i will too

Agree +Rep! Well said

fun, fun, fun, Man I love to see all the different grows
I had the same looking spots on a couple of my seedlings and a buddy told me (after he saw me do it) that it was a hot spot caused by me misting my little ones while the lights are on. I am no expert just thought I would throw that out there for some thought.

I found an online store where I can buy Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting Soil, Perlite, and Super Tea Mix 5-5-1 which includes a mix of Mexican bat guano, seabird guano, worm castings, and soluble seaweed. I am going to transplant my babies into the Fox Farm soil with the perlite mixed in (4 to 1) when they are ready. My question is...when will they be ready ? How do I know when it is the right time ?

product_OCEAN-FOREST.jpg

TGCSuperTea176.jpg

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY BABIES UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF THIS !!!!!

:roorrip:

Grandpastoner your plant are being burned by the MG soil I fried some of mine using the same soil. You need to transplant ASAP to a soil that neutral the Fox Farms soil is your best choice. You should also pick up FF grow big & FF big bloom. Hope it helps from one Grandpa to another.:smokin:

I'll be checking back to see your progress.;)

Check out some soil grows.:popcorn:
Give me a holler in the garden any time.:grinjoint:

Pan4

Unfortunately, the bozos in my general area are of the opinion that there is damn little difference between a nice healthy bud...and a syringe full of heroin. Sounds insane but damned if that isn’t the local (and legal) mentality. To be honest I can’t wait to get back to Shasta County in NorCal. So doing ANYTHING outdoors is out of the question…to big a risk. And I am also on a stiff budget with an ass of bills to pay, so the lighting I have will have to suffice. I barley have enough money to get the Fox Farm soil I just ordered today. The sad truth is…papa is making it day to day. So the overall answer is no.

Back
Top Bottom