Grandpa's White Widow - 1st grow EVER

Oh by the way...did anybody see Family Guy tonight ? It was called "Episode 420" and Mayor West legalized marijuana. Damn sweet !

Fire It Up !

What no fucking way! i wish i would have seen it fuck!!:thanks:

looking good by some 420 miracle i found out that 5 of my 7 plants in 12/12 are female two speed queens,white rhino and skunk1 the smallest has the most pistils too almost a bud formed

Way cool brother...that's the shit I like to hear. The grand spirit of the 420 God has smiled on ya. Wish I could say the same. One of mine...the one with the most yellowed leaves, well the larger true leaves have started to damn near wilt. I can't wait till my Fox Farm soil gets here. Hopefully I can save some of this disaster. I do have 10 more White Widow seeds in an unopened packet still. When I was buying supplies, I thought I might need a back up. Guess I was right. Anyway...damn glad to hear about your god fortune. Stay stoked brother.

Well...the 420 Gods did not exactly smile on me this year. But I have always felt that I make my own luck and fortune. So I found this flourescent light which is much smaller tube wise...but I have it hanging right over the ladies.

tmpphpgx23hk.jpg

The yellowing hasn't really gotten worse, but the leaves are starting to droop.

ctmpphpTh5B6g.jpg

I think with the way they are drooping, the MG really did some damage.

ctmpphpJ9RNZC.jpg

But I am waiting on the Fox Farm soil, and we will see if there is anything left to save. I am hopeful and even if these die...I have 10 more White Widow fem seeds in an un-opened packet just waiting. And next time...I know EXACTLY what not to do ! :bong:

Sending positive vibes your way Grandpa. If you can keep 'em hangin' in there and get your soil fixed, those funky leaves and issues you're having will be dwarfed by the healthy stuff that grows above it. Good luck and don't throw in the towel on 'em yet. Hope your soil gets to you soon...

Thanxxx everyone. The soil should be here tomorrow and then the real sensitive wrok begins. As far as throwing in the towel...not no but HELL NO ! If I can save these pretty little babies is anyone's guess. But I'm damn sure gonna try. I'm gonna take pics of the procedure. Should I try to remove ALL the MG ? Or can I get away with getting rid of most of it ? I am afraid of shocking the plants by exposing the roots. I gladly accept all help.

IMO that would disturb their delicate root balls and cause shock on top of the shock that the transplant will cause, be mighty careful.

I don't think exposing the roots for a short period of time would be too big of a deal. A lot of people on here transplant - some even from soil to hydro and vice-versa with success. I wouldn't leave them exposed any longer than necessary, though.

I wouldn't get too aggressive trying to remove the MG, as that probably would cause some considerable stress.

My 2 cents worth, but hopefully a more experienced grower can weigh-in as well.

+ rep for the can-do, never-say-die attitude. Best of luck!

Thanxxx yall...I'm determined to make it work. An old stoner buddy of mine toold me that he had used MG many times and never had a problem. I showed him pix and he couldn't say what was wrong. But then added that removing all the MG wasn't necessary...but I am still gonna try and get as much of it off as I can without stressing and exposing the roots anymore than I have to. Once again thanxxx everyone. :thanks:

Now fire it up damn it ! :bong:

Yo Gramps,
Just my thoughts ive noticed my plants get sad when they dont have a fan blowing almost directly on them. is it possible that the MG soil that was a little harsh for the seeds, is ok now because it appears you have new bushy growth its so little soil and the droopy ness could maybe be an airflow/temp problem?

Hi Grampa,
I think that you have the enthusiam and good frame of mind for a good grower. I know you are strapped for $$ but a small bottle of super thrive just need a few drops per gallon. This product is like a b complex that helps stressed out plants. I treat any plant that is going to be repotted to help it make it thru this very stressful time. (they call b complex the stress formula in humans too) I have a HPS 400 that makes my 12x6 closet an oven. Plants are more tolerant of warmth when you can circulate the air.
You got a great attitude. Certainly with that you will be successful and get tons of new education and experience Lotsa luck

Back
Top Bottom