Graytail's 4th Perpetual: 4x4 Samsung Panels

That reminds me ...

All my plants were able to run extremely long this time - in some cases, 3 extra weeks. Sup wit dat? :hmmmm: Anyone have ideas/knowledge?

I took lousy care of them this time, too. I let them go dry, I paid no real attention to a feeding schedule - totally neglected them. I'm into 3rd run, too, so the soil was iffy the whole time. The fans, of course, went mottled and yellow and dried up. Temps ran in the high 70s, RH in the 40-50s.

But they all went into a second bloom with ease. The sativas foxtailed like mad and the hybrids grew little fatties, with everyone happily throwing out new white pistils. And they just didn't stop doing it - no real pause. Trichs didn't cloud up or turn amber. I'd just check 'em every few days and they weren't slowing down - chug chug chug, new pistils, new calyxes, new frost ...

When I harvested, I got far more weight than I estimated. The flowers are not nugs. :laughtwo: They're knarly, thick masses of short foxtails (with the exception of Destroyer). The smoke isn't any thicker or any more sedative than earlier runs. It doesn't seem to be missing anything, potency seems better, terps might be down a bit ... :hmmmm:

Any thoughts?

Have you added/removed any new lights over the last year ?

Nope. :cheesygrinsmiley:

RH ran very high (60-70) in early bloom with 80s temps ... then cooled and dried into late bloom ...

:bongrip:

I was looking at them closer, and did have things reversed. I'm running 5k in veg and 3k in flower. I remember them being out of the 2700 ones at the time.

For some reason I was thinking one of my flower lights were a different wavelength, but it would appear not. Maybe it was just my bonehead move of getting my first ballast as one without the dim pot, that I was thinking about.

Well, anyways, I'm thinking about adding in another double panel into flower, and another single, or two into veg. Now that I've got a mini split going in flower and my rooms vented properly, I can't get them warm enough without heaters, so I figured I might as well use the extra energy running more lights than, running a heater.

If you want more light, I'd recommend looking into strips. They come in 1, 2 or 4 foot lengths - very convenient for filling shady areas - and run off MeanWells just like panels.
You can run 5-10 off one driver.

Fanleaf's threads are dated, but they have great info, and Amy recently put a few together.

:Namaste:

So a pair of those is 576 diodes you could do the equivalent w strips and have some flexibility in terms of arrangement. :)
I don't need to worry about fitting them into an odd space though. I just have a big 8'x6' room that will have 4 of the double QBs, each pair on it's own heatsink. Strips would just make it more challenging to get the coverage I need.

How many watts are you pulling Amy?
Varies a bit, I’m still working it out. Somewhere around 220 during veg and up to around 280 during flower. I raised the intensity during Flower, up to 290 but the plants didn’t like it so much, well one in particular didn’t. I can take it as high as 320 but haven’t needed to yet. Still experimenting and trying to get a read on it. This time 270 seemed the sweet spot for late bloom. That’s all watts from the wall, not compensated for driver efficiency loss - so the diodes are getting a little less than that. :)

Back
Top Bottom