GreenThumb J's White Widow Clone Run RTF/DWC

Great news!!

With my revised version of TheCapn's cloning technique i have gotten 4 of the 5 clones to root within a week!!!

Might not need to make a bubble cloner anymore!! haha We will see how this works for future cloning attempts!

Who needs work?!?! This is a full time job!!

That is definitely a Mag deficiency. A little cal-mag will take care of that.

In regards to the Aquashield. If its part of your ritual, then order it Now. I haven't used it, so I cant give any feedback on it...........

Yeah GT, the amount of cash spent will blow your stoned mind! But you figure this is an investment that will have an ROI in the tens of thousands if not more....

There is alot to consider and plan for brother. 2400 watts in an 8X8!!! God damn! The temps in the tent are going to be like the desert.

The cool water in the hydro will help keep it cool to a point. Unless your using a chiller, then the temp in the hydro will slowly rise to room temp..........

The chiller was the best thing I have bought for my growing lately. Set it and forget it. You still need to top it off and keep the pH in check, but at least the roots will be happy and you wont need to put frozen water bottle in there every couple hours.

Another benefit of the Chiller is that the last 2-3 days of flowering, during the h2o flush, you can drop the hydro temps down to the 40's to get some kick ass frosty buds

And all the other babies look great sir!!!

Well that means I need a water chiller AND an AC unit!! Fuck I can't afford it all!!! But I need it!

Will talk to the hydro store tomorrow about the Hydroguard and how long it's gona take!! If it's gona take a week or longer, I'll order off the web!

Back to work guys!

PS.. Something for me cleared customs in LA!!!! Should be here tomorrow or Thursday!!

Oh, that is a hard work to take care of them~~:goodjob:

I definitely can, however, $91 is a big hit to the Grow Fund, when i need to buy 3 inline fans for the 2 tents i have, plus 2 carbon filters. I also still need to buy rockwool croutons and some more pots to transplant the seedlings into. Plus the 1st of the month approaches.. gotta love the bills!

You're right C1.. i do have my hands full right now. But with all the seeds i have sprouted, i'm not sure how many will make it to flower as I'm not sure what i am doing with these seeds. Remember, I'm not a breeder in any way. I know nothing about cannabis breeding other than ya take some male pollen and ya put it on a bud or two and soon you have seeds developing and waiting to mature. About my "not a breeder" line above, these seeds were created by me (accidentally), and i am growing them out cause they are free and why the hell not. Just want to see if the GWS self pollination produces feminized seeds, as well as see how the GWSxWW cross turns out!

I'm going to flower out everything, unless it turns out to be male, but i have a feeling, all these seeds i'm germinating will turn out female. Then i will harvest them when they are 30-50% amber trichomes, and load up the medicine jars with this free medicine (free for me cause i didn't have to buy seeds, not always the case for patients buying these meds. Will definitely help the bank after all the tents and lights and fans and filters i have spent over $1500 on in the last 2-3 weeks.)

SHIT! i also forgot that the 2 plants in the bathroom need to go into flower in the big tent! Damn.. with the 2 plants in basically the whole 8x8 tent (cause they are easily almost 4ft wide each already) the 3x GWSxWW plus the 11 Self Pollinated GWS are going to have no home to grow in. The 4x4 tent is already being allocated to another grow currently in transit to being started. So that leaves me with having to possibly buy an 8'x4' tent to have these other 14 plants that i want to flower out, or just another 2 600w HID packages that i already have, bringing the total tent wattage in the big tent to 2400w! Which i think might be too much for the apartment but we can always find out!! Might go 1x 1000w and 2x 600w and have the seeds i made under the 1000w light. 14 might be too many for one light tho! fuck! so many things to consider.

Then i have 10 seeds on their way here, and one of them, maybe both, i am going to start growing in september alongside Cannabis 1 in a side by side grow. Trying to mimic similar conditions i think and document how similar we can grow the plant, or in completely different growing methods and see how the plants are similar.

I have WAY too much going on right now! might need to seriously, seriously go down to part time with the job to get all this shit done! Or just get no sleep getting it all done!

I cant say that my plants NEED the Hydroguard, But they thrive with it. Nutrient uptake is much better with a healthier root mass with loads of beneficial microbes that the Aquashield helps promote as well as turning dead material in your reservoir into a useful energy source for your plants. Its highly recommended when germinating seeds, and i swear it annihilates root rot, and is a preventative against it! It doesn't just stop the spread of root rot and Phythium, but literally, new healthy roots emerge from the dying an decaying roots, until theres nothing but cocaine white roots again (unless you're using a powdered mychorrzae product directly in your reservoir like me, Then your roots will be brown, but smelling like healthy roots)

If i'm going to run the original 18 site hydro tub, then Hydroguard is absolutely a must have. The thing is, i'm not sure exactly when the clones will be ready to transplant and turn on the MH lights. I'm thinking within a week tho. my issue is, when i did a test run, with no water in the hydro tub, temps got way out of control inside the box. my hygrometer read something like 35 degress or something!! I'm thinking once theres cold water in the hydro tub, the temps will lower and stabilize much more. Otherwise i'm having to buy an air conditioner unit and run some ducting into the grow box for some super cold air intake.

Anyways, that was quite the rant for this evening. Time for a few pictures of the clones and such!

Alright now after talking with the GF about our grow plan, we have come to these conclusions:

1. She wants to grow as much as we possibly can! (within reason of course! we both have full time jobs to go to)

2. We NEED an AC unit. Not only for the grow space and the plants, but for ourselves too!! This apartment is hot as hell! And we are just hitting the hottest part of our summer, with a heat wave this week and next! Just a portable one i think for at least the second bedroom (which also connects to the den, which will have the 4x4 tent in there)

The particular one i'm looking at getting is a 12,000 BTU that has an oscillating fan that distributes the cold air to reduce hot spots. It also has a dehumidification setting. Manufacturer claims it can cool a 400sqft room which would keep the grow space more than cool. in fact, i'm sure it would keep the grow rooms so cool that the cold air being sucked in the tent plus the cold air being sucked through the cool tubes would be more than enough to NOT have to buy a water chiller to keep the water reservoir temps under control. Then, just before the 3 month return dealy is up, i will say that its just not adequate enough for my needs and return it for a refund or a store credit (which i would totally use in a heatbeat!)

I Will give the clones a hand watering tomorrow, as i have been letting the rockwool dry out, and the roots are exploding with growth in search of more moisture. Of the 5 newer clones i took 8 days ago, i tossed one of them because it developed mold or mildew on it and hasn't rooted, whereas the rest have not developed any mold or mildew, and have rooted within 7 days and as the moisture is gone in the bottom of the rockwool the roots will emerge, looking for more moisture. I expect the newer clones to have roots emerging from the rockwool in 2-3 days, in which i will transplant them into the hydro tub.

Tomorrow when i wake up, i am giving the hydro tub one last rinse out and filling it with water and turning the air pump on. 2 clones will be transplanted into the hydro tub and the air pump will be turned on to promote misting of the roots that have emerged.

I only transplanted 2 seedlings into 4" square pots in rockwool chunks as i only had so much rockwool to cut up. So I'm hopin that i have enough money after buying the AC unit to go to the grow store and buy some more 4" pots and the rockwool croutons that i need to transplant the seedlings into bigger containers.

I'm hoping that the addition of this AC unit will drastically lower the temperature in the apartment so that the grow conditions are optimal for success and that the temperatures inside the tents as well as the grow box are perfect!

Have a good night everyone and stay medicated!! :lot-o-toke:

AC unit will come tomorrow as well, my special package has cleared canadian customs, gone though sorting at DHL warehouse and has been sent out for delivery as of 11:52am. So should be here later this afternoon!!

I will have many pictures to share of this arrival!

Stay tuned everyone!

Lets see!! Lets see!!!

Some bad news.

Went to the hydro store and found out from the store owner that Botanicare's Aquashield or Hydroguard isn't legal in canada, or at least isn't legal to cross the border because of certain ingredients in it, as per Agriculture Canada's regulations. They said once a company creates a new product they are allowed to sell it anywhere for 12 months, and then after that, agriculture and health departments run their analysis of the product to deem whether or not it can be imported. Probably why they had some in stock still. Thing is, Customs doesn't always check incoming shipments. But i just found a canadian place that has 1L bottles in stock for like 12 a bottle.. so im going to get like 4 of them and stock up.. Seriously C1 you should get on this shit.. if your plant was doing well before it, it would make it so much better.. even healthier root system for your plants!!

Anyways. On to some exciting news!!

I am pleased to announce that i have been selected to journal and review the Twilight 165w full spectrum LED.

It just arrived about 10 mins ago via courier and i'm very excited to open it up!

I will do a full detailed post about the panel when i have a bit more time to do so! I'm about to head down to our yearly fireworks display called the Celebration of Light.

I will do a quick photo shoot of the LED unboxing tho!!

stay tuned guys!

I ordered my Gallon today sir!!! I would have never gotten it if it wasn't for you GT, THANKS!!!

Thats a shame about it not being able to be imported to Canada. Get what you can now then!!!!

Congrats on being chosen to review the new LED's GT! With all your new tents, I have a feeling the lights already have a home picked out...:yahoo:

>>>I ordered my Gallon today sir

You will be very pleased with it.. i'm PM'ing you right now about why i like it so much and other successful people who use it on this site.

>>>I would have never gotten it if it wasn't for you GT, THANKS!!!

Anytime friend. even if you dont encounter any root issues, it increases the overall health of the root system, allowing your plant to take up more nutrients and grow more vigorously. IF you do encounter some root rot, this stuff will annihilate it and in fact turn the rotted dead roots into useable compost for the roots to feed on. Win-Win!!

>>>Thats a shame about it not being able to be imported to Canada. Get what you can now then!!!!

I've got 4 One litre bottles in the online shopping cart.. thinking about maybe adding one or two more.. probs not tho! 1gal should be enough for the time being.. if not, i can always get a US PO box just down in washington state.. somewhere like point roberts or something and take a leisurely drive down to pick up my aquashield. just hope they dont check out our shit on the way back haha!

>>>Congrats on being chosen to review the new LED's GT! With all your new tents, I have a feeling the lights already have a home picked out...

Thanks C1.. and yes it does have a home picked out already. The coverage area as per Twilight LED's specifications led me to purchase a 4'x4'x6.5' tent.

I am very excited to get this all going!! I'm going to upload the few pics i just took.. I have to soak rockwool cubes for seedling transplants happening right now!!

Heres some pictures of the unpackaged LED.. literally just plug and grow!!

I will take some more later tonight when its dark in the apartment

GEDC04991.JPG
GEDC0500.JPG
GEDC0502.JPG
GEDC0504.JPG
GEDC0506.JPG
GEDC05071.JPG

Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooo much GreenThumb J. :thanks:

I am looking forward to seeing our lamps with your treasure!!! :circle-of-love:

Like I said, hope the LED makes your apartment to not so hot! :) :) :)

Heres some pictures of the unpackaged LED.. literally just plug and grow!!

I will take some more later tonight when its dark in the apartment

GEDC04991.JPG
GEDC0500.JPG
GEDC0502.JPG
GEDC0504.JPG
GEDC0506.JPG
GEDC05071.JPG

The light looks great!! Makes your apartment look like a spaceship. I cant wait to see how well they produce for you without the heat and cost of MH and HPS bulbs.

:bravo::goodjob::high-five::goodluck::slide::party::party::yahoo::goof::woohoo:

Back
Top Bottom