Greetings, old school outdoors grower

RonnieB2

420 Member
Hello, everyone. I have been gardening since 1986 outdoors. Now that I am older and retired I have decided to move indoors. I understand plant care well enough I suppose. How ever I love learning new stuff from other enthusiasts and hearing/reading about how far this hobby has come. When I started out a 1 1/4 Ounce was 25 dollars and the only other choice was Skunk, which was rare, and it was 30 dollars. Things sure have changed, huh? I am currently doing my first indoor grow in Coco/perlite, smart pots, and trying new lights, right now its LED, but think I will be switched to LEC or HPS. Since my move inside, Im all about convenience right now, so Im on an autoflower kick. Especially until I get my routine the way I like it. I use a hodge-podge of different fertilizers/nutrients. Jacks 3, 2, 1 Hydroponic 5-12-26 epsom salt and 5-0-0 has been working really well for me. I also add Humbolt Humic, House and Garden Aminos, House and Garden Root Excelurator. The Jacks contains calcium and mag. Im still learning how many plants per square meter and whats optimal for what lights etc. I also grow tomatoes and collect Hot Wheels. Thank you for having me

Welcome RonniieB2 to 420 Magazine
Here’s a link to get you started . Please check our Sponsors .

:welcome:

HAHAHAHA remember everyone going crazy over Thai Stick? and "Red hair Sense?" LOL It sure has changed a bunch...Yes, I am working on setting up a grow journal ..Im a little worried about posting pictures due to the state I live in..Can I get in trouble? I know that seems odd, but I don't wanna lose my retirement ...I live in the Bible Belt and you still get serious time for just a little bit of weed

HAHAHAHA remember everyone going crazy over Thai Stick? and "Red hair Sense?" LOL It sure has changed a bunch...Yes, I am working on setting up a grow journal ..Im a little worried about posting pictures due to the state I live in..Can I get in trouble? I know that seems odd, but I don't wanna lose my retirement ...I live in the Bible Belt and you still get serious time for just a little bit of weed
I'm glad you're growing. Don't jeopardize your freedom! Keep asking around and do what you have to to keep safe! Some folks post, others not so much. Help and fun will be here either way.

Welcome to the forum @RonnieB2 :welcome:

1986? That's the year I was born!
Welcome,
Come eat, smoke, stay a while:passitleft:
In '85, I was at Fort Story in Virginia Beach, riding 30 foot swells during hurricane Gloria :surf: getting ready for my first deployment :popcorn: yeah go ahead and make me feel old :rofl:

Welcome Ronnie .
You are in a great place for help and advise.
Everyone here has an opinion and will not mind sharing it.
The good thing is most of these folks have lots of experience to go with their opinions.
Read some journals and ask questions. Good luck.
Weed was $15 an OZ back in my day and nickel bags were common in between paydays.
An LB brick of Mexican was $125. I was working and going to school at the time. Making $1.00 / hr.
Didn’t buy many pounds
✌️

When I started smoking it was $10 a bag stuffed full where you couldn’t close the bag , we never heard of scales till 78 . We would always see 2.2k on the package , didn’t even know what that was .

Back
Top Bottom