Grow 3 - LED Hydro - NL5 x Haze - La Diva Auto - Soil - Blueberry

Merry Christmas everyone. I wish you all the warmest, joyous, happiest holidays.

Thought I would post a pic of the buds from this harvest. Here is what I will be enjoying these holidays. All cured and ready to be go:) The NL5H on the far right is my seeded bud. You can see a seed poking her head out in the middle of the bud.

IMG_52903.JPG

It might not be the warmest here but it will be joyous and happy for sure.
Happy Holidays everybody. :passitleft:
:peace::xmas:

Merry Christmas to you and everyone! I'm sure the merry part should be easy, considering that festival of nugs you posted. :yummy:

Santa says - keep some fire close in case you need it, and spread the cheer!
Peace to all. :peace::Namaste:

Thanks for replyposting this again CareStaker so we can look at it every day :) AllSmiles, that is a beautiful picture and depiction of your varieties in this harvest. Looks just beautiful and yummy. Looks like 1st-4th place and runner up at the Cannabis Cup to me! Thank you for sharing this kind sir. All the best to you and happy holidays. Cheers

Thanks for replyposting this again CareStaker so we can look at it every day :) AllSmiles, that is a beautiful picture and depiction of your varieties in this harvest. Looks just beautiful and yummy. Looks like 1st-4th place and runner up at the Cannabis Cup to me! Thank you for sharing this kind sir. All the best to you and happy holidays. Cheers

Just sayin... Best to you AllSmiles!

Time has come for me to close out another fun journey. I'm not the best at providing smoke reports but I know what makes me go meh and what makes me say "Damn...that's good. And fortunately 4 of the 5 buds vaped above were "Gyad damn...that's good". LDA was my only meh. So let me give this a try. I did 3 big vape hits of each bud at different times over the course of the last few days and here are my findigs:

LDA - The smell is nutty and the vape going out was nutty. The high lasts about an hour is not that strong. This is probably due to her having pm and just never hit any sort of stride growth wise. She was also pulled early because of the PM. This was my first attempt at an auto also so the strain is probably way better when grown correctly.

AK Chunk - Glad I didn't toss the seeds and can grow this again. It can use another few weeks of cure but it is very smooth with earthy and fruity tones on exhale. The high lasts over 2 hours and is a nice balance of body and head high. 3 vape hits was plenty for me.

Blueberry - Very fitting name as she smells of blueberry and also tastes like blueberry on exhale. The blueberry taste also lingers on your palate for a good 30 minutes afterwards. Very nice high and somewhat euphoric. It is a very clean high (for lack of better word) and pleasant. She lasts for 2.5 - 3 hours. Very smooth smoke. Can't wait to try her after a few more weeks of cure. Three hits was plenty but I like it so much I could just continue to take more hits and enjoy the intense, clean high. I love this strain. Will be putting in another order for this strain for sure. Wish I had made some fem seeds of her. I can see this strain becoming a staple in my garden and something I must always have a stash of.

NL5H - I love it. She smells earthy, piney, and lemony. On the exhale the pine and lemon notes are very noticeable. There are other great notes that I can't put into words. This strain is potent. I really enjoy the high from this. It is cerebral, clean and great for day time smoke for me. Beware: Tends to make you giggle some. It lasts for ~ 3 hours. The organic bud seemed to be smoother and also the high seemed cleaner then the dwc bud even with 2 weeks less cure time. Both are amazing though. I could take hit after hit of this stuff but sativa strains tend to make me not speak clearly (mumble) if I test the limits so 2 to 3 hits was plenty. Another month cure and this will be amazing. Top shelf smoke for sure. If you grow this make sure you have plenty of room as she stretches and branches with vigor.

So that's it for this journal. I really enjoyed the organic soil grow. It was much less maintenance than the waterfarms for me. And the smoke seems better also. I can't explain it but it just seems smoother and the high tends to be clearer with more flavor profile. May be its just me. I may stick with organic nutes and soil from here on.

I'll post a link here to my new journal in a couple days. It will be more of an Indica extravaganza with Holy Grail Kush, Darkstar, Motavation, and CBD Kush. That's it for this journal.
:theband::goof::party:

Thanks for following and I hope you enjoyed. :peace::)

Time has come for me to close out another fun journey. I'm not the best at providing smoke reports but I know what makes me go meh and what makes me say "Damn...that's good. And fortunately 4 of the 5 buds vaped above were "Gyad damn...that's good". LDA was my only meh. So let me give this a try. I did 3 big vape hits of each bud at different times over the course of the last few days and here are my findigs:

LDA - The smell is nutty and the vape going out was nutty. The high lasts about an hour is not that strong. This is probably due to her having pm and just never hit any sort of stride growth wise. She was also pulled early because of the PM. This was my first attempt at an auto also so the strain is probably way better when grown correctly.

AK Chunk - Glad I didn't toss the seeds and can grow this again. It can use another few weeks of cure but it is very smooth with earthy and fruity tones on exhale. The high lasts over 2 hours and is a nice balance of body and head high. 3 vape hits was plenty for me.

Blueberry - Very fitting name as she smells of blueberry and also tastes like blueberry on exhale. The blueberry taste also lingers on your palate for a good 30 minutes afterwards. Very nice high and somewhat euphoric. It is a very clean high (for lack of better word) and pleasant. She lasts for 2.5 - 3 hours. Very smooth smoke. Can't wait to try her after a few more weeks of cure. Three hits was plenty but I like it so much I could just continue to take more hits and enjoy the intense, clean high. I love this strain. Will be putting in another order for this strain for sure. Wish I had made some fem seeds of her. I can see this strain becoming a staple in my garden and something I must always have a stash of.

NL5H - I love it. She smells earthy, piney, and lemony. On the exhale the pine and lemon notes are very noticeable. There are other great notes that I can't put into words. This strain is potent. I really enjoy the high from this. It is cerebral, clean and great for day time smoke for me. Beware: Tends to make you giggle some. It lasts for ~ 3 hours. The organic bud seemed to be smoother and also the high seemed cleaner then the dwc bud even with 2 weeks less cure time. Both are amazing though. I could take hit after hit of this stuff but sativa strains tend to make me not speak clearly (mumble) if I test the limits so 2 to 3 hits was plenty. Another month cure and this will be amazing. Top shelf smoke for sure. If you grow this make sure you have plenty of room as she stretches and branches with vigor.

So that's it for this journal. I really enjoyed the organic soil grow. It was much less maintenance than the waterfarms for me. And the smoke seems better also. I can't explain it but it just seems smoother and the high tends to be clearer with more flavor profile. May be its just me. I may stick with organic nutes and soil from here on.

I'll post a link here to my new journal in a couple days. It will be more of an Indica extravaganza with Holy Grail Kush, Darkstar, Motavation, and CBD Kush. That's it for this journal.
:theband::goof::party:

Thanks for following and I hope you enjoyed. :peace::)

Loved every post, and the final reports too! You KILLED it bro. Super frosty girls, as nice as can be.
I'm with you on the effect differences. I prefer the wider, clearer, mellower and stronger effect of soil grown plants. The taste isn't even on the same level.

Love the new strains - Bring on those fat indi girls! :cheer:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Loved every post, and the final reports too! You KILLED it bro. Super frosty girls, as nice as can be.
I'm with you on the effect differences. I prefer the wider, clearer, mellower and stronger effect of soil grown plants. The taste isn't even on the same level.

Love the new strains - Bring on those fat indi girls! :cheer:
Thanks man. I'm gonna sell my hydro gear and nutes. It's soil from here on out for me.

All my indi girls germed and off to a good start. Will get a journal up soon. :)
Congrats AS. This makes me look forward to trying my Blue Dream even more as one of her parents is blueberry.
:cool:
Thanks Gov. BB is definitely a winner. Your Blue Dream is so healthy. Your really knockin out that HB grow this first go around.

Thanks man. I have some cool stuff planned for this week too ;) ...but, I did similarly in my practices as well by going with high brix soil. I know I can grow some really good meds, FAST, in a hempy bucket even with the most basic of nutrients, but I grow for personal reasons and need to be able to have the highest quality I can achieve. Hempy produce is my baseline. I grew some nice froots in hempy, but really looking for more. More aroma, more flavor, more density, more. I have a yield I need to achieve too, but that's secondary to quality right now.

Anyway, I look forward to your next journal. :cool:

Thanks man. I have some cool stuff planned for this week too ;) ...but, I did similarly in my practices as well by going with high brix soil. I know I can grow some really good meds, FAST, in a hempy bucket even with the most basic of nutrients, but I grow for personal reasons and need to be able to have the highest quality I can achieve. Hempy produce is my baseline. I grew some nice froots in hempy, but really looking for more. More aroma, more flavor, more density, more. I have a yield I need to achieve too, but that's secondary to quality right now.

I hear ya man. i'm right there with you. I grow for personal use (and I share :)) and just want the most quality bud I can grow. So even though I got comfortable with the waterfarms and can grow some good bud fast the quality of the soil just blew me away. The farms are on Craigslist as I type :laughtwo: I'm sure your HB bud is going to be phenomenal. You are a hempy master and I'm going to miss your hempy grows.

Got my new journal up. Check out my signature. I hope to see you all there.

Heya AllSmiles - Happy New Year my friend. Your smoke report and quality evaluations were awesome and much appreciated! Love the thought of the Blueberry lingering on the palette.

I agree with you on the soil farming. Although I have not yet attempted a water-based grow system, I have always been partial to soil - partly because that's all I had access too in previous years but also because I felt it offered me the flexabilities to let the plant grow in its own way w/o having to fuss over too many other parameters.

I really appreciated this journal and learning from your efforts AllSmiles and look forward to jumping over to your next and staying in the loop :) Thank you for sharing your efforts with us and I wish you all things kind and blessed in your new year and new grow. Best to you AllSmiles!!!

:thumb: :Namaste:

Nice journal, lots of good info. Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom