Grow Journal - 1st Grow Indoors

So I think I'm ganna need to water them soon the soil is getting dry since the new holes should I be flushing them with a bunch of water or just enough for a good watering

90 wont killem but 100 will.

I was going to say the opposite but for a different reason.

40 wont kill them but will stunt them. To hot too long without humidity will kill them. Emy is totally right but super intense light in cool weather is different than super intense light in a Hot ambient. That is essentially what you are describing out in the dester. It is a combo of factors. In a cool place you can run a more intense light.

All in all low 90's wont kill the plant and low to mid 40's wont. Dealing with it being to cold I find is easier then dealing with it being too hot. That said one way to deal with it being too hot is to add some humidity and CO2. To run CO2 correctly you want it in the 90's. Now if you do that you need to get the PPM up high and you need the humidity up there as well. That is very hard to do if you are venting and running hot.

Anycase watch the leaves they will tell you. if they are tacoing then the environment is too hot. That may be because the humidity is too low for the temps. It could be because the light is too close.

If you can run in the 90's without tacoing then you are fine. Just listen to the plant.

Now that said running cool at night when lights are off in bloom...given the right genetics...will bring on very cool autumn colors like reds and even purples. That is cool if you can do that with the right genetics.

2_23_purple.JPG
Idk about CO2 don't think it would be worth it to get some sort of tank set up but some little ghetto sugar and yeast jug maybe I guess it wouldnt hurt

yeah don't go pro. But if you can't beat em join em is all I am saying.

The idea with CO2 is to put on the afterburners. Well if you are dumping fuel out there anyway might as well try right?

But I wouldn't spend money on it. Just get one or 2 of those mushroom bags and cross your fingers...remove them at night.

At night the plant is not doing photosynthesis and is absorbing O2 not CO2.

The supper ghetto brewers yeast method is not sufficient. But if you want to keep it ghetto I guess keep it ghetto. ;)

(joking)...we got yer back bro.

If Emy hangs around you will get some good buds!

Normally I try to steer people away from air cooled for a few reasons...but you are just the right person to use one IMO.

Now if you have the money try to find one or retro fit one with NON-UV proof glass. Most of them come with glass that reduces the total light intensity by at least 10% when very clean.

They don't stay clean long so between each grow you must clean it well to maintain good intensity.

Make sure you are using insulated hose not normal hose for the air ports. If you do not use insulated hose lots of the heat is absorbed and radiated back into the space through the thin metal hose.

Watch this video. Tons of great info on Hoods, lighting, wattage...you name it very important to watch before deciding. I recommend a small tightly focused one.

I use an adjustable ballast that allows me to run 650, 750, 1000, 1150 W so I can control heat and intensity of light well by adjusting the hood height and fan speed.

I'm not to sure what's going on with this one new growth and but more happy but her color is still a little dark
923770c60ea2c986a1e66162d68f4b13.jpg
Hey VI if u dont mind answering a dumb question and probably obvious but just wany to be 100% should I just give them water untill i flower or should I flush them before I flower

Back
Top Bottom