Grow Journal - First Time Grow Outdoor

Sorry to say but above comments are right, that lamp wont do any good, heat shock and stretching are some of the associated problems. use a cfl for veg or better a small cmh, 60w/plant is a good range. Outdoor is your next option if you have the opportunity.
For flowering think of led, HPS, plasma or a combination of them. You might think you have cut some edges if you use cfl, but you will end up with little to no yield. Some expences are vital for this art ;)
I made this mistake in my first grow and it was much trouble for no result!
And did you buy a cheap magnifier? The 420 microscope at about 20$ will do the job.
Think and program ahead, i know telma and louise can grow big and strong, give them the chance ;)
What do you plan to feed them anyway?
Good luck :)

IMG_177326.JPG
IMG_177129.JPG

ok so going to be outdoors full time. will it do the flowering thing all by itself as nature intended ? what should i feed them... ? if they survive that is. im losing hope

Make a weak solution of Rosemary essential oil, water and a drop of washing up liquid and spray the leaves, that will get rid of the bugs pronto.
If you have access to a Rosemary plant, boiling down some leaves and then diluting will also work just as well.

It might be a good idea to stabilise the plants and acclimate the plants to life outside before you think about feeding.

Hope your weekend is going great

Nice :)
Dont worry, guys here will help you all the way ;)
Just pay close attention to their conditions and update if anything happens, or once a wk with photos if all seems ok.
She will recover soon :)
Good luck

hi friends, my plants were not looking so good today.so we spoke with the grow shop owner, and he said they were not getting enough light outside. he said this bulb will be good if its about 6 inches away from the plants.. . so we have moved back in da house ! they are looking kind of wilty. :(

Youd better hang the light above them, you are loosing light rays. And side light will cause your plants to turn toward the light source.
And how did you manage to give them not enough light outdoor with the sun shining?
No light can beat the sun! I assure you
Btw, your cups have drain holes right?

well we have a really shady back yard. but it does get a lot of sun, i was having to move them around all day chasing the sunny spots. yes there is drain holes. ok, hang the light... and the guy at the shop said leave it on for 18 hours at a time...

hung the light... how do you like them cakes. :bravo:
Never used that mix, but some good stuff in there. Never used reindeer poop to grow with, but why not. I use aged cow poop compost (4 yrs. old $20 for pickup full). and it's a very good. Dig you 2 holes (2X2X2 or bigger) and mix the potting mix 60/40 into the native soil. split a bag of worm castings between the two holes and you'll be set to plant. 1 cup blood meal, one cup bone meal and mix well and let it set for a few weeks, till you get your plants ready to plant, which is your main problem right now. Remember a sunny window is 100 times better that artificial light. I can assure you that someone on this site will get you on track.
And yes, your light sucks . You need about 4 of those size bulbs. for about $60 or less, you could get a nice 2 ft. 4 bulb t-5 veg light ? If you can get a shop type light, that would be a big improvement. Home depot can hook you up !! You running a little late, but you could still harvest some bud.

Nice :)
Now you need to make a reflecting hood to put above the lamp.
You will need more cfl lamps later on(i guess led and sodium lamps are out of question,right?)
And some kind of fan would be nice.
Dont let it become too hot.
For your next pot drill more drain holes.
And btw, raise the pot (cup) from the supporting surface, let the excess water drop down.
Good luck :)

I was harvesting some plants and writing lines in between, and didnt see slow's post in between,just wanted to confirm all he said! :-D
But if your outdoor spot is shady then you cant move them out and have to think of some setup.
....and aint the soil abit too wet?

Back
Top Bottom