GROWant Journal - SIPs & Living Organic Soil - Sub Irrigated Planter

Ph doesn't matter for this style of growing. The soil adjust itself accordingly. With living organic soil the plant takes what it wants when it wants :)
Sounds like your plants are violating that soil. A woman who takes what she wants. When she wants.... hot ;)

Re: GROWant Journal - SIPs & Living Organic Soil - Sub Irrigated Planter

Nope. No air stones. I just aerate tap water and pour it down the tube. My ppm's from the tap are about 150. My ph is 7.1
I never ph.
I do not have any water in the res just yet.
For the first 2 weeks it's watered from above. I let the roots establish themselves first. Then they'll get fed from the res.
I do the same in my system but I usually only water at transplant into the pot and by the time they need water again I run it through the bottom. And I only feed Teas through the wick system till flush.
Edit: and lots of airstones everywhere. Oh and I ph because why make the micro life do all the work why not make the bioavailable nutes available if even briefly.

I find myself learning so much from this journal.I'm never gonna forget you guys. (You know who you are). You have all truly helped mold and shape the grower I'm becoming.. I'm smiling on the inside and don't have the vocabulary to express how cool that is without just cramming in curse words. I guess...love. Just love!
I'm with you Dank.....great journal. Gee, what is your background? You seem more than a guy in a room with a few plants.

I'm with you Dank.....great journal. Gee, what is your background? You seem more than a guy in a room with a few plants.

Lol. I am just a guy with a few plants. My background is actually construction. I make a living as a Superintendent for a General Contractor.
My obsession with growing this amazing plant, combined with being serial addictive has led to countless hours of studying. I first started with books on how to grow, then slowly moved towards books more about soil biology. Here's a great tip.
If you want to learn about growing Organic cannabis, look up or get books on Organic farming as a whole not just how it relates to cannabis. You will gain so much more, solid fact based information.

Re: GROWant Journal - SIPs & Living Organic Soil - Sub Irrigated Planter

I do the same in my system but I usually only water at transplant into the pot and by the time they need water again I run it through the bottom. And I only feed Teas through the wick system till flush.
Edit: and lots of airstones everywhere. Oh and I ph because why make the micro life do all the work why not make the bioavailable nutes available if even briefly.

Your set up sounds pretty dope. Air stones sound pretty interesting. I might have to make that addition. I just want to see how these Sip perform for these autos. I use x2 ten gallon pots for my photos.
My goal for next year is to harvest about every month with Photo & Auto's. These sips are a test drive to see if they can hold up with continuous cycles.

I have to adjust pH no matter which soil I use or system. 8.5 is a little on the high side

I am about to test drive an earthbox Jr. meself. I have been in a fabric container for 3 year-ish now. So i want to try something new. I have actually been on the verge of getting the SIP for almost year but the grow timing just has not cooperated until now.
I need to be able to leave the plant for 4-5 days unattended, 2 or 3 times a month, I think the SIP can handle it. I plan on trying airstones in the res too, kind of a plan in progress at this point.

Good info. Thanks:thanks:

I am about to test drive an earthbox Jr. meself. I have been in a fabric container for 3 year-ish now. So i want to try something new. I have actually been on the verge of getting the SIP for almost year but the grow timing just has not cooperated until now.
I need to be able to leave the plant for 4-5 days unattended, 2 or 3 times a month, I think the SIP can handle it. I plan on trying airstones in the res too, kind of a plan in progress at this point.

Good info. Thanks:thanks:

You'll love em man. You will be able to leave them for 4-5 days no prob.
There is plenty of diy videos of how to make SIP's with 5gal buckets. If you are looking for a cheaper route.
I definitely like the low profile of the earth box jr. though.
Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions. .

420-magazine-mobile1420070475.jpg

Short & Sweet
420-magazine-mobile512566576.jpg

High Density
Looking funky
420-magazine-mobile925851144.jpg

Fast and Vast
Mutant

Happy Friday everyone!
So I had a pretty Epic fail last night. Was trying to transplant the Fast & Vast from a smart pot to a sip and things went horribly wrong. Long story short. I lost the auto :(
But with every negative there is a positive.
The extra space allowed me to fill up the other earth box jr. sip. With that filled I was able
To plant x2 of the Wipe out express autos. This is my first time using the earth box jr so let's see if 2 autos can fit, and be comfortable in there. Should be interesting. I was planning on doing this with the Short & Sweet's just because the were supposed to be the smallest of the 4 strains. It is what it is.
Once again huge thank you to fellow sponsor * Herbies Seeds - Buy Cannabis Seeds Online at Herbies Headshop
For these beans.

The first times I grew - Killing a plant made me soooooo damn sad. Now there is plants everywhere so can't say I care anymore. Every dead plant is room for a new one

The first times I grew - Killing a plant made me soooooo damn sad. Now there is plants everywhere so can't say I care anymore. Every dead plant is room for a new one
Wow... Maybe this is a new grower thing and it will wear off. But I name them and talk to them and smoke with them.

I had a dudeplant trying to sex my ladies!..sitting under my roof!.. Eating my nutes! Lol ..and I couldnt even chop him. Seriously I had my brother do it.. I went in there like 6 times with a knife and just kept putting it off.. I was so sad about it.

Lol I'm a loser I know. My tent just went from full and bushy to half full and less bushy and after all my hard work and time spent. It was a crushing blow for me.

My deepest condolences Gee :(

There's nothing more tragic than a parent losing a child, a babe nonetheless. Well be here to support you when you need us.

R.I.P. Fast and Fast, you will forever be in our hearts <3

:blunt: smoke one for the homies :blunt:

It's ok. The first grows were 3-4 plants at the time and when you lose one of them it's a tragedy. But right now I have 45 plants growing in different stages in different tents and rooms. They rarely die though. I sometimes kill shitloads of clones I don't know what to do with

Wow... Maybe this is a new grower thing and it will wear off. But I name them and talk to them and smoke with them.

I had a dudeplant trying to sex my ladies!..sitting under my roof!.. Eating my nutes! Lol ..and I couldnt even chop him. Seriously I had my brother do it.. I went in there like 6 times with a knife and just kept putting it off.. I was so sad about it.

Lol I'm a loser I know. My tent just went from full and bushy to half full and less bushy and after all my hard work and time spent. It was a crushing blow for me.

Yes. I remember those days. Sadly, I've gotten used to it. Especially since I used to pop only regular seeds. So lots of males and lots of phenos that weren't up to scratch, all whacked.
You said it best with, "every dead plant is room for a new one"

Not a loser at all.
It definitely becomes easier as you grow more and more. I believe as we try and master our craft we start putting more demands on our selfs and on our plants. We, or at least I have become more picky at what I look for in plant structure the more and more I grow.
So culling plants is a lot easier now.
This was a bummer though because it was accidentally done.
That's where the sting is. Knowing it was my fault. But I popped 2 more in its place so we're good. .

Back
Top Bottom