Tropicana Cookie day 26
IMG_9239.jpeg

Thank you for the information.
I didnt want to post my environment questions in the SIP thread but I answered below so I didnt leave you hanging.

I am still learning about tents.
My pea brain didnt take into consideration that a tent would need to be controlled and regulated.

Currently, I have a 2x4 tent with a fan blowing in a bottom vent, a oscillating fan inside the tent, and the filtered air being drawn from the top of the tent with the filter outside the tent.
I have more fans, but havent connected them yet, because all is great except when lights go out.

I do know that I am going to have to drop the temp and humidity to keep VPD in check before flower stage.

I think Im going to need a portable ac unit which I already have, but its at another location in the box at the moment. Maybe a dehumidifier will work.

Im also going to try to cool my light. The transformer gets up to 120 degrees, which isnt helping things. The light is a LED but the driver heat gets up there. The light is at 80% brightness.

This post should probably be relocated into another section, but Im not sure how to move it.

Thanks!

It’s ok if the environmental post stays right here, it’s all related. Yep main reasons for the tent is so we have smaller area to better control the environment and to ensure dark cycles are truly dark.

Everything sounds good except for the 120 degrees, I’d suggest removing the driver and letting it stay outside the tent.

You’ve got this Puffinaway! But we are here when you need a hand

Brought 2 white label Granddaddy Purp autos to the finish line for the first SIP grow w/ FF trio, FFHF soil, and grobuckets. Too much light and nutes (lesson learned), but 3.6 oz and 4.3 oz dried and trimmed is just fine with me.

SIPs are a slick little system!

Going SIP, Mephisto, growdots, recharge, and an autowatering system next. @Carcass planning to monitor mid/late flower as the dots wind down (thanks for the tip!)

Great thread and thanks for the posts everybody!

Brought 2 white label Granddaddy Purp autos to the finish line for the first SIP grow w/ FF trio, FFHF soil, and grobuckets. Too much light and nutes (lesson learned), but 3.6 oz and 4.3 oz dried and trimmed is just fine with me.

SIPs are a slick little system!

Going SIP, Mephisto, growdots, recharge, and an autowatering system next. @Carcass planning to monitor mid/late flower as the dots wind down (thanks for the tip!)

Great thread and thanks for the posts everybody!
Congrats @AKZ ! And welcome to SIP Club.

These things are kind of fun with the biggie sized plants they grow.

Are you going to start a grow thread? If you do, link it here so we can follow it over and watch.

Here's a little progress report on my outdoor SIP- Filled it with dirt yesterday(20 gal), filled the 3 gallon rez, and this morning it needed water, and that means it's wicking like it should, so I'm good to go on sticking the plant in there...

...pretty sure I'm in the right thread this time...😁

That stick is to show me the moisture level in there- if it gets wet, we're sippin"!
It got wet/damp, so the SIP is ready to go👍
It worked!.JPG

This little gal (Forbidden Fruit) is looking forward to her new digs...
13 day old FF.JPG

And there ya go!...(I know- she looks pretty silly in there, but that should change fairly quickly)
Happy Camper....JPG

And, so she doesn't get sunburnt, a little tissue paper diffuser for the rest of the day...
Diffuser.JPG

And there it is- I'll keep you posted on how she does in there...

You can see what's under the dirt here

Thanks for looking💚

That’s a cute hat she’s got on there :)

You’re always thinking up great diy easy ideas!!
I've been moving that planter out of my way for years, I finally decided to let it earn its keep
around here...:morenutes:

If it works, I'll be growing one in there every year...

I'm a cheapskate too, so diy with what I have available comes pretty easy..😁

Another SIP, another successful harvest! I'm trying my hand at growing plants with more 'sativa' like characteristics since this last one had really tight internode spacing so was difficult to train. Looking like it should be a productive harvest and watering etc. was super simple because of the SIP action. Can't say enough about these things, am a happy SIPper!

This is my latest in a SIP, OG Kush seed #16 , I chopped her after 88 days or ~12.5weeks flowering.

Am trying for bigger, better plants to really put the SIPs to good use, but so far haven't come super close to the 1lb/plant harvest I've wanted. We'll get there!

Another SIP, another successful harvest! I'm trying my hand at growing plants with more 'sativa' like characteristics since this last one had really tight internode spacing so was difficult to train. Looking like it should be a productive harvest and watering etc. was super simple because of the SIP action. Can't say enough about these things, am a happy SIPper!

This is my latest in a SIP, OG Kush seed #16 , I chopped her after 88 days or ~12.5weeks flowering.

Am trying for bigger, better plants to really put the SIPs to good use, but so far haven't come super close to the 1lb/plant harvest I've wanted. We'll get there!
All you need is the right genetics CanMan! Sweet growing! :thumb: :hookah:

How long are you vegging? If you've got the height a longer veg should mean bigger plants. Your SIP showed you what it can do so now you have manipulate other variables.

Genetics like Stone suggested, a long veg, pot size, mix and nutrients all play a role.

@Azimuth I'm vegging for about 50 days. I've been able to get up to 12 ounces with this long of veg time, so a bit longer and I should be able to hit the 1lb mark - with the right genetics. The last plant that would have come close (a Gelato seed) would have been close, but I ended up with nanners, so had to chop.
It all kind of works hand-in-hand with a 50 day veg time, I am able to keep two large(ish) plants in flowering for most of the time, but thinking I will have to go a bit longer. All in all I've increased my yields to the point that I have slowed down on how many plants I grow, and have an excess, so I should be able to veg a bit longer. It just sucks when they don't turn out after all that veg time.

Those ladies look beautiful, great job. Can’t wait for my plants to get that far along , just flipped.

She look Good , but i can smoke that stuff makes me :nervous-guy: ! LOL

Have you tried fully matured cannabis (lots of amber trichomes) that has been cured for like 6-months or more? It makes a world of difference. This is the cannabis I prefer, rather than just having high THC content, I like the lows / couch-lock weed. Part of the reason I grow and don't ever buy.

Those ladies look beautiful, great job. Can’t wait for my plants to get that far along , just flipped.
Thanks, lots of work on this one, but it came out pretty good! Here's hoping yours turn out just as good if not better!

Back
Top Bottom