Growing budget

Make sure you consider all your costs, such as soil, nutes, pots, lights etc... Really depends on the type of grow and what you are trying to achieve. My current set up all in was about 1500. Then its about 100 every second grow for nutes and soil.

Hope it helps.

What's the optimal starting growing budget?

I was thinking about 500$ and can maybe increase it to 100$ with a 500 dollar loan but that's maximum

Is it anywhere close to the actual cost or am I too enthusiastic and delusional?
Hey @samlarsonns hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine.
Check this thread.

Then Check our sponsors for a great deal on all your equipment and seed needs.
Also just incase read this thread too.
Put a smoke detector and fire extinguisher in your budget.
Stay safe.
Bill

Optimal is quite the subjective term with no limitations on size of setup.

From my experience, I built my first *actual* setup for $300, but that included a homemade, light built from 16 LED fixtures and household LED bulbs. It did quite well and I was able to pull 3 ounces from two plants in a 2x4 tent.

I lost it all in a flood, and with the reimbursement from insurance, I kept the same size layout and bought a $300 light, so $600 total for setup. Now I can pull at least a pound from two plants in a 2x4. So the light is by far one of the most important items in your setup, all remaining things being equal.

Like others have stated it really depends on what you want to achieve. For indoor yes $500 would get you started. Will it get "everything"... no. Will it get you enough to get a plant started and finish... yes. All of these costs can depend on how creative you are with what you have and replace/upgrade things over time.

This is my setup at the moment:
Group Shot-04.jpg

Light cost -0- Won in a contest here on the 420Mag Forum (At the moment @ParfactWorks has this light on sale for around $270
Pots -0- cost had them on hand
Seeds -0- cost had them on hand given to me from a friend
Mylar Blankets 4 @ $2.50ea
Foam sheets -0- had them on hand.
Fan, -0- cost had them on hand
Temp and Hydro meter $8 at a discount store.
Dirt my own Mix -0- cost
Forgot the light timer $10 at the same discount store as the Temp/Hydro meter.

Do I need more, yes but I have a very low budget and can only afford so much. Be creative and work with what you have.

This is my setup at the moment:
Group Shot-04.jpg

Light cost -0- Won in a contest here on the 420Mag Forum (At the moment @ParfactWorks has this light on sale for around $270
Pots -0- cost had them on hand
Seeds -0- cost had them on hand given to me from a friend
Mylar Blankets 4 @ $2.50ea
Foam sheets -0- had them on hand.
Fan, -0- cost had them on hand
Temp and Hydro meter $8 at a discount store.
Dirt my own Mix -0- cost

Do I need more, yes but I have a very low budget and can only afford so much. Be creative and work with what you have.
Just FYI mylar burns at a really high temp and the fumes are toxic.
White paint on drywall is a bit safer, so be careful please.
Don't want anyone else having a fire.
Stay safe.
Bill

there are start up kits with all the gear you need to get going within that price range. a couple well known board sponsors have them. i would start there. you can ask about recommendations / upgrades / reviews etc when you settle on one.

go through the board to get to the sponsors. many offer board discounts.

the seeds, pots, media, and nutes will be extra. you need to budget for those as well. there are budget approaches to them as well to get going. there are a few other things you may want as you go like ph and ec meters.

i run a grow style called hempy, with a nute line called mega-crop, which is an insanely budget friendly approach. all the above stuff is needed however. it is a good investment, and most expenditures accrue over time, and pay for themselves many times over within their lifespan.

edit : don't get a loan to grow.

Take your 100$ buy a 2nd hand light.
Use a room not tent if you have one.
Try grow one lady see how it goes.
If it was not a loan i would say the same as above.
Get a auto so light bleed is not an issue.
If you like what your doing after a few then maybe look at loans.
Thats my 2cent.

:welcome:

Take your 100$ buy a 2nd hand light.

If you like what your doing after a few then maybe look at loans.

hiya @Skunksta
she - samantha - has got $500 bucks to start. we can help her work with that no problem. :)

don't get loans to grow.

My bad :oops:
Still would not go out and waste it all.
When all you really need to start is a light a room auto seeds a bucket and some soil.
I feel to many people rush in and spend bad money.
Only to find out i want a bigger space or growing is not for me.
My advise still stands spend as little as possible and test the water.

But thanks Bluter :thumb:

My advise still stands spend as little as possible and test the water.

yeah i agree. get stuff as you need over time. just cover the basics first.

Just FYI mylar burns at a really high temp and the fumes are toxic.
White paint on drywall is a bit safer, so be careful please.
Don't want anyone else having a fire.
Stay safe.
Bill
Good Note: As with anything like this, there is a risk of fire and should not be taken lightly.

Alot of good informtion - consider this __ YOU will want to up-grade as your cultivation knowledge.experience grows - have two different sets of light besides the ones I use now - at present happy with my results ! may years ago started with CFL's , Hps - Now LED QB's !!!!

Back
Top Bottom